Latest Roadmap Update - July 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Findla22

Findla22 Registered

I hope I can remember this momment in the next 2 months as the momment where I thought all was over.
    But as I said I have 0€ and my parents doesn't want to buy me anything more online. I am out :(

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Your profile says that you are 25 years old. In any case I understand that the legal age to work in your country is 18. Being at University you should have some time to get a part time job as those who need to work to pay their studies. And you are trying to convince us that having to pay 5 euros or so for something that you want so desperately will keep you apart from it.

If you have a smartphone you are probably paying much more every month for it. Don't blame others for your priorities.

The Iron Wolf, Kokomo, Ernie and 2 others like this.
  3. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

I happened to have made an unlicensed track with laser scanned data for work. I'm sure the always-right people (and their fan club) will turn up and tell it's wrong, just like in the debate "it's impossible to do a track in 2 months", but it's the case.
    And even without knowing this, your post makes no sense whatsoever. As if you've never seen an inaccurate track in a game.
    You do seem to like passing your beliefs as facts, don't you ?

After selling unfinished and full of bugs games, and selling games full of DLC, the new thing : sell a game in kit.
    You want the ability to plug your steering wheel ? Buy it. You want to be able to run on triple screens ? Buy the feature. That seems like a nice idea :)

Louis, Stan, peterchen and 1 other person like this.
  4. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

on the other hand, I've never driven those tracks in real life, and probably never will. I have no trouble believing it could be inaccurate, but not having been there I don't know any wrong bit, I don't see a wrong bit, so it's just like I am at the real location. So yes, I enjoy those tracks very much and they seem real to me. Would tracks be better/more realistic if they do their own extensive scanning? Very well possible/probable. Would I know it? No, not at all (maybe I can spot differences if you do 1 track on both ways, but otherwise not).

That doesn't mean I'm against proper licensing and everything, quite the opposite, but to me that doesn't mean tracks done the other way are "undrivable/unenjoyable". (just as I like fictional tracks, as long as it are realistic ones in terms of layout/runoffs ;) )

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  5. Findla22

Findla22 Registered

I am not trying anything. I am just reporting that I am out if the car used in WFG is a paid car. In 10 years they didn't release any paid content for rF1 and rF2 and they just do it for the first opportunity I have in my life to at least try to become what I dream to be.
    Its just frustrating, sad and I really cried when I read the July roadmap update and I saw that it was going to be with a paid item.

6. Paul Stante

Paul Stante Registered

First world problems.............TTFU :rolleyes:

peterchen and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

My 1080Ti wont boost past 2088 MHz :(

8. stonec

stonec Registered

Well, I remember your discussion with Tuttle about the hypothetical "built in two months" laser scanned track, yet to see any evidence of it though. So according to you, the future of rF2 should be unlicensed laser-scanned tracks built at speed of 2 months per track per developer. Heck, I'll have that any day, but it doesn't seem to be happening in this universe. All I see is licensed DLC tracks, one or two new tracks per year, from bigger studios like Kunos or iRacing. But I guess they have no idea what they are doing.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  9. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Yes you can. Just move to north pole and open the case up.

The Iron Wolf and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Have you ever thought of giving your resume to S397? I'm sure they could use a talented person such as yourself !

Ho3n3r likes this.
  11. Findla22

Findla22 Registered

I am still sad to see WFG is using a paid car, It just doesn't make sense. All other games used in WFG were with free cars and here, the best simulator opened to the community... goes with a paid car... first paid car of rFactor / rFactor 2 series in the last 12 years...
    I respect they want to sell the car... but please, do it after WFG. I am 100% sure there will be 100 or 200 more people like me that won't be able to participate because of this fail.

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Don't try to provoke shame. It is pathetic to read that you are out because it will be a paid car. What S397 or ISI did previously is irrelevant here.

If you really want to provoke sympathy, write a note explaining your misery and beg for some money at your town church. As I said, you are writing on a forum and I bet you own a smartphone that you pay a monthly fee.

Grow up big boy. You are already 19.

muz_j, patchedupdemon, Kokomo and 4 others like this.
  13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The top simmers who have been ruling the main leagues will already take the top spots. To think they will also be part of the content's testing, don't even bother thinking there's a point to the competition. They have been driving for hundreds of hours a month or week for years, imagine how much time and resources will be dedicated to this? Ponder buying if you're interested in that car. There will be other options to drive it in the game in the near future.

About the other flinging and aggressive posting, it's like one band of guys left only to be replaced by new knights Templar.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2017
  14. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I'm more shocked your 19 and asking your mom for money,what have you been doing since you left school,just think of all those wasted weeks where you could have been earning money

15. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

As I think Findla22 shouldn't come here and tell us his problems (this is a public forum) at the same time I think we should remain out from them when this happens (we don't know his personal story).
    @Findla22 please stop telling us your personal story, we can't help you and remember "ubi maior minor cessat", your status (single user) can't change the situation (market rules). Focus on your personal status, there are things more important than a dlc car.

muz_j, CamiloNino, Ernie and 3 others like this.
  16. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

You can build a track in 2 months alone. Not at the standards we put on our tracks, where you need an entire month to just complete a QA phase and fine tune AIWs. There are industries where speed of dev can be a factor (you need to build it, no matter what, for a client that need the job to be done quickly) and other industries where quality is the factor (you have a timeframe planned to build an high standard product, with required time to achieve it). Also there are industries where details after barriers are not needed at all (raw simulators) and other industries where details are everything (game in general). There are also industries where you just need to focus on the tarmac and all the rest it's not technically, nor visually, a priority.

Said that, I've seen tracks done in 2 months; they all look (and work) like tracks done in 2 months.

To each his own. ;)

roby13, Dookie, Ho3n3r and 5 others like this.
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I pity your situation if you genuinely have no money to pay for the car, but I'm afraid that is life and a lesson for you. I would really like a set of top end HE Pedals to go with my Sim Rig but my budget only allows for ClubSport V3s at best, nothing I can do about it, I won't go to HE and ask for a cheaper price because of my financial situation...because that's life.
    The only thing I can advise you to do is this, every time you have Euro Notes in your wallet and you buy something, put the loose change into a jar and before long you'll have enough to buy the McLaren with :)

18. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

I don't have to prove anything to you about what I do or did for professional work :)
    For the rest of your post, feel free to distort my words so you can feel you're right. As a know-it-all would do.

Louis and peterchen like this.
  19. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

@jpalesi you should stop now.

We got it. You do tracks in 2 months. People can also click on your signature to look at your job. Move on and stop throwing fuel on the same boring fire.

Ho3n3r, not_him_59 and jayarrbee36 like this.
  20. A13

A13 Registered

What about buying the data like any other product on a market? Or do you think all the game companies own their own equipment and man power for laser scanning?
    This has nothing to do with licensing a name from someone owning the rights for a track or a car. Again you state licensing is needed for an accurate track. What about the quality of the laser scan or the amount of work the artist is putting into re build the track? While spending all money for a laser scan has no use, if you pay the artists re building it below the breadline. ;)

You want to see any evidence? No problem just pre finance the work of 2 months and you'll get it. When was it the last time you spent working 2 months for free only to proof something for someone doing nonsense forum posts?
    What you call impossible is reality and the demand of a specific customer. It has been proven for years and there is enough evidence, but protected by NDAs and only for the relevant people ..... so unfortunately nothing for your eyes. It's not hypothetical. Because you can't see it, it doesn't exists?

Guimengo and peterchen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.