Latest Roadmap Update - January 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Have you tried Crew Chief?
    This has just been updated again for multi class racing and now tells you if cars in front or behind are a faster or slower class and tells you if they are battling and who they are etc.
    It's come a really log way over the past weeks and months.

Bogdy likes this.
  2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

Yep, I'm using Crew Chief and I saw those improvements in the log. I have a race about to start, I hope it will make my life easier! :)

@Lazza Sorry if it sounded like an insult, that was not the purpose. Thank you for you civil reply! I'm quite new yes, bought the game just a bit more than a year ago! Little kid here… but I'm already getting impatient! :p I was really hoping S397 would end those 6 years of half-baked...:D

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    peterchen and Louis like this.
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Ah, so more like little dong, lol

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  4. Emery

Emery Registered

You underestimate how much LIDAR I've worked with. Like many here, what I do as a service for the community is not necessarily all my experience.

And right there you show what you don't understand. If you looked at AC laser scanned tracks, for instance, you'd know that for every polygon they use in the physics mesh, there are a few thousand LIDAR points thrown away, thus "millimeter precision" is really averaged out.

Sebastien Sestacq, bwana and Ronnie like this.
  5. filippu

filippu Registered

If you can't realize the difference between a few millimeters precision and 15 centimeters precision of UK free data, I can't do anything for you.
    I haven't looked at AC tracks, but I have a pretty good idea of how iRacing tracks work + professional experience, but thanks :p

6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

You mean the iracing propaganda machine,driven by the community where their tracks are more real,than the real ones lol

McFlex, bwana and Ronnie like this.
  7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

You're just showing how clueless you are. Thanks for that. :)

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Even though Bathurst was resurfaced a year ago so their "exact copy" is now redundant XD

My theories on which track it is that's been done: Mugello, Zandvoort, Brands or tracks of that ilk.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  9. stonec

stonec Registered

The difference is not as big as you think. When you for instance drive at speed of 200 km/h, that equals to 55 meters per second. This in turn means that your car travels 15 centimeters in 0.0025 seconds. In order to feel anything over these 0.0025 seconds, it requires the physics engine (or FFB) to operate at sampling rate of 800 Hz (double of 1/0.0025 or 400 Hz). So a 15 cm bump is very small and probably not even felt in most sims. So in reality, 15 centimeters precision is not that bad and in fact I would question the need to have much better.

Pocisk and McFlex like this.
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Hey, more like average dong! Growing with inflation lol

F1Aussie and patchedupdemon like this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Where on Facebook? I can't find anything new.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The last time Bathurst was resurfaced was late 2013 with Griffins Bend resurfaced again in 2014'

13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This wording is confusing. A 15 cm bump travelling at 200 kph is something I would not want to encounter.

Precision and accuracy figures need to be better described. It is typically different for elevation (Z) and for XY. You also need to know if you have noisy pattern or if the error is quite homogeneous in an area (offset). Very different scenarios.

IMO talking about plain figures is futile.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Or 200 MILES an hour XD

ECAR_Tracks and SPASKIS like this.
  15. filippu

filippu Registered

You should tell the car manufacturers like Mercedes, Ferrari, Honda, General Motors, Ford, etc... that precise laser scanning is propaganda, that they throw hundreds of thousands of quids to rfpro for nothing. I'm sure that your expertise will be greatly appreciated :)
    You can tell that iRacing is marketing for gullible wallets with feet, but it would be quite bold to tell the same about reknown engineers working for the biggest car manufacturers worldwide.

It's 15cm vertical accuracy of course, and I wouldn't hit a street curb at 20 kph, nevermind 200 (tried that as a passenger, and it's not very nice).
    The picture is free data from Donington, in the straight after Coppice. The orange square is a reference plane of 1 x 1 meter. Light blue is flat, and dark blue is raising of 6 centimeters. Go try to drive on that kind of mesh.
    On the other hand, rfpro has 1 cm grid in x y, and less than a millimeter accuracy in z. But some geniuses here will tell it's the same.

Attached Files:

• free.jpg
      free.jpg
      File size:
      75.5 KB
      Views:
    SPASKIS likes this.
  16. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Thing is rf2 and iracing aren’t rfpro nor are they used as such,so requesting that scale of precision is pointless and a waste of money,why would that scale of precision be worth it for us gamers in bedrooms,we aren’t teams with millions of pounds invested into championships.

If you believe any of the consumer sims have that type of precision you have been indeed fooled by the propaganda machine

Let’s not get into the hardware needed to take advantage of such precision either,key word here is consumer/game

gabrielof, AMillward and Mulero like this.
  17. Riverside

Riverside Registered

As usual with S397 development updates, they will bring controversy and drama from lovers, haters, and ignorants, all three : )

I personally like the announcement on exploiting DX11 further and hope tracks graphic detail and quality start improving soon.

On the other hand, and hope S397 people read this albeit coming a little later; big shout out for bringing in PIR (hopefully soon!) it is really NOT EASY to be a car racing fan living in the Pacific Northwest, I really look forward to seeing how your version of Portland will look like. THANKS!

DaveS78, Pocisk and Marcel Offermans like this.
  18. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

and yet we pay 15euros a track on iracing is saying to cm ready, but with decorations disgusting tree 2D rots pixelized Full static ... please ...But best the most beautiful it is of paid twice for the same track Nord & Nurb to make the junction...
    I think that iracing should offer vaseline with every subscription...With model of application on the anus laser for the good to apply him!!
    [​IMG]

sorry for my bad english (made in google)

John, bwana, Pocisk and 3 others like this.
  19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

iracing is expensive.

20. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Insulting people who do not think like you is not a good way to express yourself on a forum.

pkelly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.