Latest Roadmap Update - January 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

ITT: an example of how laser scan can be a marketing gimmick for some people :D

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

PLS devs could you replace the music in the video with “if I had a heart” by fever ray,I truly think the lyrics at the start and atmosphere suits that video and the rf2 experience perfectly,with a bit of editing it would be epic

You need goo headphones or speakers to enjoy the atmosphere this song gives,makes me want to go to Norway,just so I can sail back to England and invade my own country’s shores,al a Ragnar

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

its fairly obvious there's a lot of rf2 users that have little experience of turning laps on good laser scanned tracks,
    loose your previous negative judgements, your in for a treat !

4. whitmore

whitmore Registered

What is the difference

5. stonec

stonec Registered

They can't use copyrighted music by other artists to promote a commercial product without permission. I remember the old days when YT was more lax on that and I could make several racing videos with real artists, then it became impossible and now it's only sort of possible with monetization (ads).
    I don't think there was negativity against laser scanning, it's just that laser scanning doesn't automatically mean a track is good because the original point cloud is never used as such. Imagine a console game that runs on low specs, they could take only every thousandth point from that point cloud and ignore all others. So they could have 10 by 10 meter precision and still claim it's laser scanned.

AMillward, bwana and andrea_274 like this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I must REALLY be in a grumpy mood today. Guys basing their lack of use of the entire sim on one missing track layout...guys who want to put MOROSE depressingly grey music {used by the Vikings TV show quite well though} behind a video designed to EXCITE and ENTHRALL potential buyers. I might suggest Karn Evil 9 pt II 'Welcome Back my Friends to the Show that NEVER ENDS...' at least that has some spunk and fire in it. No, let the music be. Amazing how little things like menu clicks seem to affect some folks, or the fact Luke Skywalker didn't shoot his lazer Sword at some track builder....
    ok, grump mode off.....for now....
    dh

bwana and Emery like this.
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

Agree, I like their video as is. By far the best from S397 and much better than previous teaser videos from GT3 pack. Here the cuts are long enough that you can actually see the underlying tech in action. Well done!

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

what he said

9. Emery

Emery Registered

What doesn't add up is your knowledge of laser scanning and how a point cloud gets converted to a track.

Guimengo likes this.
  10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

My god don’t take shit so serious,if you can’t tell from the last bit of my post I was having a little fun,you sound like an iracer geesh ;)

bwana likes this.
  11. bwana

bwana Registered

Bumps, oh hang all tracks laser or not have those it’s just where they are that’s different :)

12. bwana

bwana Registered

I had nothing to be grumpy about , went to sleep after 3 opening bars !

13. Emery

Emery Registered

Portland (in the workshop) is most definitely scratch. Among other differentiators, it is the 2008 to present layout whereas yours represents the 1994-2007 layout.

14. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I'd love to be able to press a key or button and toggle the delta best display between my best lap and the fastest car's best lap.

I haven't heard anything about surround sound in a long time. Is that coming? (Unless it's already here and I totally missed it.)

15. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

This has nothing to do with negative judgements but with logical thinking and math. I guess, there is noone denying that laser scanning can be a big help and that it speeds up development in certain areas, but if you dig deeper into the topic, you will notice that even the scanning process itself (especialy with LIDAR data) isn't allways as accurate as one might think, to the point where CAD data can be more accurate. In this case it goes far beyond "adjusting the data", where the track artist has to judge wether a point of the cloud fits into the track modeling process or not.

There are alot of very good examples where a driver won't notice if it is laser scanned or not. And in some cases people still pay money to rent tracks based on outdated laser scans that are very basic atleast (hi iRacing users o7).

16. Aldafix

Aldafix Registered

LOTS OF BLA BLA BLA BUT NOTHING CONCRETE AND NEW

Pedro Delgado2 likes this.
  17. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Obviously can't read....Portland = NEW, HUD = NEW, KartSim = NEW and that's just off the top my head without checking the roadmap to see what else is there. Go troll somewhere else.

Churrinche, mesfigas, fbiehne and 2 others like this.
  18. Louis

Louis Registered

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

That's old news, it came out when, yesterday.... Where's today's news! lol

bwana and Louis like this.
  20. Louis

Louis Registered

:D I´m here for around seven years waiting for a single player championship mode... who the hell he thinks he is?

John, ECAR_Tracks and bwana like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.