Latest Roadmap Update - January 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filip

Filip Registered

It is off topic but do you have any more info, when should it be expected?

dadaboomda likes this.
  2. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I have this mod for AC, and asked in Race Sim Studio's facebook if they were planning on releasing the mod for RF 2 and the answer was: "We are already testing with one car, if all goes well that's our intention, yes :)"

Sorry for the off topic...

3. FS7

FS7 Registered

Is the new hud going to have trackmap?
    Are there any plans to update the Steam page to include to current recommended system requirements to run rF2 in 1080p, 4K, & VR?

4. yippssy

yippssy Registered

After a great work and the major graphics update done up to January 2018 with a wiki guide for moders, it could be great to update the core:
    User interface with streaming/live-timing shown some roadmaps before
    Motec support as build mentioned months ago in roadmap
    DX11 without DX9 for this mentioned improve of performance
    Fix bug in the physics as track temperature doing nothing in tyres/CPM
    and I hope that live weather could be offered as build (without plugins)

Regards

Pedro Delgado2 likes this.
  5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

All i wanted was to know when the next performance update and more news about UI, so mehh...

6. lonestar29

lonestar29 Member

2100 ₺ !!

Daniele Vidimari and LokiD like this.
  7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

lol someones tripping hard somewhere with that price!

8. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Considering the actual state of rF2, the new UI is definitely more important to attract new players than new content.

And we need a TV Overlay for online race broadcast, its urgent.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    RoboCAT10 and Pocisk like this.
  9. dylbie

dylbie Registered

12,756,600 Vietnamese Dong?!!!

andrea_274, SPASKIS, misi and 3 others like this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it's for teams that spend far more than that on just a Crash Helmet, ok and maybe some racing gloves. WE get the much cheaper version. Again, go price out rFPro....

11. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Oh ok
    That makes much more sense.

bwana likes this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

So whats the difference between the main version and the rf2 add on? is there a physic difference? The teams should just buy rf2 and get the DLC lol if there isn't?!

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

this 152.996.75 greek drahmas or 449 euros.

14. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

Very good news and great work STUDIO397,but one of the most important thing for me as i only play offline is racing with A.I and the talent file support and a championship customization is fundamental.I hope that with the new UI these features will be present ....but i'm a little woried since none of this is mentioned.:(

15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Just been told by kartsim that the main version is based on rf2,so I’m guessing the cost is for all the laser scanned tracks,contracts etc

16. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Thanks for the roadmap, and Happy New Year.

Performance: Yes, it's been clear for a while that there must be some fundamental issues with the rendering engine (especially shadows) so I am glad to hear this is going to get a thorough review. Sadly at the moment I am unable to run with enough eye-candy turned on to really see what has been achieved in the DX11 updates, and I'll bet many are in a similar position without top-tier hardware.

Content/Laser Scanning: Glad to see Portland is coming, always been one of my favorites. Any chance of a new IndyCar to go with it?? :) And nice to see a mention of Justin Wilson, I really miss that great gentleman and committed racer. Good to see you are also getting laser-scanned tracks too. My understanding is that some of these are made available from commercial scans done by the tracks, rather than the games developer having to do their own; and so there should be a way to get those in game quicker, though there is still a lot of art to do. In either case, the main benefit is that we get properly accurate camber and loft information. It's possible nowadays to get basic layouts (length of straight, corners) fairly accurate directly from things like Google Maps [though much of what we have is still inaccurate] but you can't beat those subtle factors from a proper scan. Getting Zandvoort finished will also be good. No mention of F-E tracks though, I wonder if the scan is of one of those? Frankly availability of tracks is a much bigger issue than cars. Need an update on what the plan is for the older 3PA content for DX11/rain as well, please.

HUD: Hmmm, not convinced from that screenshot. I rarely run the HUD. I don't need revs/gear info off that if I can get it from the car dash. I'd also want to know remaining laps from fuel; maybe you can do that as a gauge with green=good, yellow=marginal, red=not enough rather than giving us numbers, since I can't do math in my head while I'm racing.

Not Mentioned: Of course as somewhat expected, we didn't get any news on the new UI or Competition Infrastructure and I'm OK with that. But I still feel we need a conversation starter for what we can expect for the latter. Get that wrong, and the great work done on the title so far will only benefit the offline racer; and in my mind, so much of the potential with this sim lies with online competition. The technology of the sim is developing well so far, and obviously there is quite a bit to still be added for the offline guys like career modes and such, and we now have Steam/DLC/Workshop as a way to get us all on the same page regarding content. But competition is the gaping hole. ;)

Keep up the good work!

17. filippu

filippu Registered

On laser scanning, KartSim said on their Facebook
    If someone is paying thousands of quids for pro tools to get precise data, how come the expensive data is adjusted ? Driver feedback or not, if the data is any good (ie not free), there shouldn't be any need to adjust it. Something doesn't add up here.

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

Do you belief Kunos, Sector 3, or even iRacing put their own equipment on the Nordschleife?
    There is a fully prepared package of data to be bought from the Ring Owners to be used for that purpose.
    I think other track owners do the same as of now...

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Ofcourse you need to adjust the data. You don't simply put a pointcloud into the game and expect it to run. That's not how it works, but for some reason people still tend to believe it. :)

ECAR_Tracks and Ronnie like this.
  20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Exactly. Hence why iRacing, AC and Raceroom's Nords are not exactly the same? They all bought (maybe with exception of iRacing which might have done it themselves but it's only a possibility) the same scans that are offered when you approach the track owners. You wanna have our track? There you go, license to use our name for which we want xxx amount of money and with that here you go scans of the track made by us (or 3rd party company) for xyz amount of money. Thank you very much.

That's how it works in this business and yet we get minor sometimes more than minor differences in the surface, bumps, curb heights etc... Because even when you use the scans you still need to adjust things based on your own measurements, photos, memory, rule of thumb or... feedback of a driver. No sim can handle taking 1:1 laser data into creating a track. It's simply impossible it has to be handled by an artist to make it work. It is just one way of getting the track right with photos, measurements and perhaps data from the company that created the track like plans can be used for creating a track that is basically as accurate as laser scanned one, or even more if someone that does it is talented and patient enough. Even with best scans it is always a human making use of it... Therefore you never get 100% representation of the actual thing.

TJones, gabrielof and patchedupdemon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.