Latest Roadmap Update - January 2017!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 19, 2017.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

+ 1
    Let us know how performances will change on our machines!

Nice update, really what rF2 needs to shine, just another question...why don't convert lifetime subscription to beta access for us (not only for modders)?
    We can help to find bugs...
    (read this as the worst try to be part of a beta test group)

Zoaal, TJones, jerrymcc and 1 other person like this.
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Marcel wrote this on the Discord channel (hopefully it's OK to copy it here as it's public!):

We have no definitive performance figures for DX11 vs DX9 as we're still working on it, so it's too early to say.

Ernie, TJones, DaVeX and 2 others like this.
  3. gor

gor Registered

I like new design in general but I do not like its slant/sloped, can it be edited manually to be more classic compact straight columns or something like that?

David Kolody likes this.
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Hopefully that means an easy menu will be made for online (making the vmod) and offline, I sent a suggestion of the menu some weeks ago, in the end if multiplayer people would just copy it to the server (which would also have this same tool but without the fancy menu ofc). Everything in the same menu: creating class and adding cars, car upgrades, track edits like event time, duration, pit lane speed as much intuitive and simple as possible to the user and generated in a single file, the complicated part stays under the hood for the S397 guys lol for the user is click and play

ebeninca and gor like this.
  5. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

In the content section there are news on the Radical, Corvette and Nissan GT500, but there is nothing of the Brabham BT44B.

Mauro likes this.
  6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Every news on the right direction. I just hope we get an improvement on graphic fluidness, this point is a key item to attract people stuck in rf1.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  7. blagger

blagger Registered

Very impressive progress. Good to hear that they plan to give more structure to the online multiplayer experience, which is a bit of a mess right now.
    They didn't mention VR, I hope that means that all is going according to plan.

ebeninca and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  8. Magus

Magus Registered

Yes, I too was a little worried of no mention of VR. I think a lot of people are assuming that DX11 & VR will come along together, I'm not too sure of that.

9. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Looks like things are going well! Thanks for the update. 2017 should be great for all of us here, and those that are bound to join us.

ebeninca likes this.
  10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

btw, it's very good to hear shadows will be faster. In my tests, this is biggest FPS killer in game. Exciting time to be in rF2 :)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  11. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Thanks for the update.
    Very nice to see so many new things on the pipe. As a modder, I don't care if dx11 is back compatible or not. Just make an easy to follow conversion tutorial and hopefully it will serve as a starting over where only enhanced content will be able to be used. For leagues it is important to have available material to race at apart from the official. I would even suggests that the DX11 GJED version is released in advance in beta state so that we could start practicing.

ebeninca and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

that's it!
    we need more historics

David Kolody likes this.
  13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

and the sky is so beautifull blue in the DX11 images :) love it. I'm really happy with the roadmap.
    Congratulations to the progress.
    It is nice to see that our beloved rF2 is in good hands.
    TY :)

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  14. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

I'm also liking what I see coming ...

About the UI ... I'll probably ruffle some rF2 fanboy feathers, lol, but what was really wrong with the rF1 UI?
    Everything was at least as accessible as in the current iteration.

You want to bring rF1'ers to rF2? Give them a UI option that is familiar to them, so they don't have to learn everything new to get onboard. It could even be an "alternative nostalgia" version that you could load if you wanted.

15. stonec

stonec Registered

Nothing wrong with it except that it was designed in 2004 when monitors typically had 1024x768 resolution, in other words ancient in PC software age and not of much use nowadays. Also the problem isn't bringing people from rF1 to rF2, it's more to get any new players choose rF2 instead over the more mainstream "sims" (AC, pCars, F1 2016).

bwana and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  16. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

The default HUD sucks really bad, i agree that need to change. I use DigitalHUD for now.

Guimengo likes this.
  17. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

nice and crisp:D
    DX9vsDX11_rF2.jpg
    somebody must had worked months.. on the dx11 version

18. stonec

stonec Registered

Do I sense some sarcasm? :p To be frank, that screenshot mostly shows a road and a sky, not exactly the best shot to spot any differences between DX11 and DX9. The roadmap mentioned interesting changes so I'm sure there will be real obvious changes in the visuals, but it's funny people use this screenshot as sign of the change when it's basically showing the same image in a bluer hue.

19. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

DX9vsDX11_rF2 (1).jpg
    night and day difference!!!

MarcG and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'll try and not be mean, but it always slays me that some of the more frequent complaints about a DRIVING or RACING simulator is the front end. If the color is wrong or the borders are slanted, then some disapprove. What difference does the LOOK of the interface make? Are there new features? Yes! Then great. Are those new features less effective because the menu choice is shown on a blue or chartreuse or purple background? Does the mouse initiate a sound when it passes over a menu choice? Who cares? Is that sound telling me I have located the position on the screen that enables the new feature that I DO care about? Or am I going to be irritated that some half second noise ruins my experience working with the menus when all I should be caring about is the driving. Menus only give us access to features.

It is the features that determine the success of the immersion process that ultimately makes a sim a winner..

bluet, lagg, The Iron Wolf and 9 others like this.