Latest Roadmap Update - February 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Starting to delete posts now and next will be warnings, if you can't be civil and feel you need to get personal with us or other members, just take a break and do something else.

Churrinche, lagg, DaveS78 and 7 others like this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

It’s also pointless to only look for negatives,if that’s what people can’t help but doing,why care or be here in the first place,there’s plenty of other games or things to do in life that one could easily just take a break from rf2 and check back in,in a few months or even a year.
    It’s not like those that are being negative about nearly everything haven’t been waiting since 2013 or longer already,what’s another year.

This is the reason I stepped away from iracing,it made me very negative and I had nothing good to say about it,I checked back in nearly a year after my last race,saw nothing had really changed and left again,I will check back in in another 6months rinse repeat until it gives me what I want,instead of hanging around and posting negative things all day every day.
    £500 worth of content sitting dormant,so I hope they do sort out their tyre model,but what can I do but wait

juanchioooo and Rui Santos like this.
  3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Come on guys it's my birthday be nice :)
    About the new UI well i am not that hyped about it at all and don't need to have it now.
    The old one does the job for me, and being an old goat i know my way around in that one.

I do understand the UI could be better and also on-line structure is very much appreciated (off which we all expect it to be in the new one).
    Also new customers could be put off by the old UI.
    But having said that s397 can only build a new UI once so it has to be good and that takes time.......lots off it.

In the meantime i wait patiently and enjoy all the good stuf i already have got from the devs (first ISI and now S397)

Have a nice day

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

The forever beta game is better by far than any other racing game.
    ac pc2 and a few others just "doesn't cut through the mix".

Mauro likes this.
  5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

This is not a general thread about 'roadmaps and deadlines', so either discuss the contents of the February roadmap or move on ;)

6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Indeed, let's talk about the roadmap.

- PERFORMANCES :

Really delighted / delighted / delighted. The words are really reassuring. That's what I expected most.

- PHYSICS: I really wish I had some news about the physics engine. Also some other things related. Maybe @Marcel Offermans could agree to give 2-3 details (I'd like;) ).

- KARTSIM :

Really good news. We will be able to test :

RF2 physics engine (fabulous I think) + real data karts + laser scan tracks. Of course, true car and track data does not mean it will be perfect, but there are reasons to think so. Welcome to RF2 KartSim !!!

- UI / Competition / offline mode / HUD :

I prefer 1000 times wait again but the deliverable is ..... awesome.
    Not urgent for me, but yes, I'm really impatient. I understand that there is a delay even though it seems very important.
    In fact, the "substantial improvement in performance" can make me accept almost everything.
    Thank you S397.

- CONTENT :

I may be misunderstood ... I thought a complete series of type (not sure) GTE + LMP3 + LMP2 + LMP1? was planned. I must be wrong.

Really looking forward to your car content that has always been excellent !
    Sebring : good but to be honest, even if the circuit is interesting, from my point of view it's a bad choice : a good version already exists. The added value will be very low for me, very important for those who drive on it in real life.

Would it not be possible for @S397 to contact the modders of the many RF1 circuits, ask them if @397 can convert (for free) the circuits, by putting modern textures on the road and the lawn, by adding the realroad and the dynamic weather ? I said that I do not know anything : the idea would be to quickly have many new original circuits on RF2, with a minimum of work for @S397.

Good luck guys!

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

personaly i like the idea of a s397 laserscan sebring even if we have a good but abandoned vln sebring.
    maybe a good idea would be if rf2 community could vote for a track wish i mean a thread that we can vote for 1 track between a good selection of 10 tracks so everyone good be more happy.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Some of you need to find something usefull to do with your free time, geez.
    As @Christopher Elliott requested if the notifications from this thread was due to relevant stuff about the month roadmap it would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

9. bwana

bwana Registered

What will be good is to compare the Sebrings and observe the difference of laser to non , Will most likely stand out more than other circuits due to its varying surfaces

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

You read my mind. I had this idea as soon as I read it was coming.

bwana likes this.
  11. lagg

lagg Registered

Does KartSim will have the possibility to lock the horizon?
    This is very important with VR. The karts are really difficult to drive without locking the horizon.

12. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Please @Marcel Offermans can you guys license IMSA???
    I will be glad to contribute with some founding campaign or sorta!

Pedro Delgado2 and ECAR_Tracks like this.
  13. Louis

Louis Registered

Performance:
    Nice

Content:
    Corvette C7.R GTE/GTLM
    I dont care
    Norma M30 LMP3
    I dont care
    Sebring
    Nice

HUD:
    Nice

UI:
    Nice

Competition:
    Sounds good

KartSim:
    I don´t care

Community:
    Not my thing

The Missing:
    When

Mauro likes this.
  14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Online competition revamp to make people come in rf2 for online race like iracing

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

For me rfactor2 is the best but sadly the support of VR is almost awful so for now I’m running with AC.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@GTClub_wajdi Can you explain what you mean? The last thing I can see you were going to buy a PC and a Rift and were asking about specs needed. If you're having trouble maybe you can ask for help in the technical support section? (or do you just mean performance is poor?)

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

D0E510AD-F899-406E-B134-9F436419230D.jpeg
    Hi mate
    Yes I have already built my rig.
    I can run AC with almost 90fps and no motion sickness at all( with but with rfactor2 with every thing in low I can’t get 40fps and I can’t drive 2 laps without felling motion sickness.
    For me 90fps is a must for VR experience and “ lock the horizon“ is needed for people who suffer motion sickness.

baked bean and Prodigy like this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@GTClub_wajdi Ah, understood. Thanks for the update, and nice setup :) (still looks funny [for me] seeing no screens behind the wheel. Your power point is pretty high as well eh? But now I'm offtopic...)

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I’m coming from a triple screen setup but nothing beat the oculus rift experience and immersion right now.

20. Louis

Louis Registered

damn, you are not with that bomb proof rig. New chair, vr... Nice!

GTClub_wajdi likes this.