Latest Roadmap Update - February 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 28, 2018.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

lol

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The night is long and Karts are coming.

3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I only had 30 minutes or so to test them, what I saw I liked! Great physics as always and great FFB as always.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  4. Depco

Depco Registered

But.... But.... But.... It's soooooo hard to wait longer.... well not hard.... just impatience is taking over.

JuanP006 and DrivingFast like this.
  5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

The bears should've eaten the bugs by now! :cool:
    Speaking of eating, Marcel, tell the team "no Easter eggs until the update is released". ;)
    Just joking.
    I'd rather a good job done when it's done, not a rushed job that then needs more time to be redone, so long as it's done within the next 17 days during my holiday. :D
    OK, yep, you guessed it, I'm done, cya.

Obbzy_XR_ likes this.
  6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The new UI was under testing 6 months ago and we still are waiting for it.
    Lets see if upcoming roadmap puts some light among so much darkness.
    A roadmap is to follow it and not change it upside down every 3 months. Seeing so much DLC overtaking previously announced game features is annoying.

Karei, Louis, Mibrandt and 2 others like this.
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

But the team that does the DLC is different to ....yarda yarda yarda !
    We all know the comments to come :p

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

When the optimisations come & new UI etc I’m going to re-install rfactor2
    & see if it runs ok again fingers crossed

If it runs fine I’ll just purchase & stick to this new go kart content , historic too until there’s a few laser scanned tracks released

9. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

At this pace I bet the new UI and optimizations will come around the same time Kunos has developed and released a whole new game in the mean time. Bear with us... :-D

Karei, F1Aussie, FAlonso and 2 others like this.
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

kunos has been working in ACC for more than a year already
    And btw work in AC began 3 years before first 1.0 release and was something less advanced than rFactor at release except for graphics, then they improved it for 4 years ;)

11. marmagas

marmagas Registered

...and the whole ACC wont be ready this summer;)

Rui Santos likes this.
  12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

And with some luck or more, we can use the pit limiter manually after waiting years for it.

marmagas, Rui Santos and Gasper Zupan like this.
  13. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

It is hard to be patient I know, but I just go back to something I love and drive the hell out of it to feel better :)

Studio 397 has reworked much of the SIM and is trying to bring top notch content a interface to it. The wait will be worth it, I hope modders will also bring additional quality content.

14. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Honestly I can't understand all this whining about a game that is receiving new content almost every month since Studio 397 got their hands on it...

In this game I've seen years and years of nothing new when it was in ISI's hands.

Dudes, a new ranking system is on the way, the first laser scanned track is on the way, a new UI is on the way, GT3 pack was released, DX11 was released, Radical SR3 was released, Rain effects were released, real road was improved (puddles), no annual fee is being charged to play online like in the past... All this since Studio 397 got their hands on this software.

Give them a break and enjoy what you already have.

And btw, I can't wait for the next roadmap.

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

It is now 4:22 am on the first of April so I am now officially lost as I don't have the roadmap.
    Even if they do release it today I will not believe any of it. ;)

Schumi likes this.
  16. Emery

Emery Registered

The positives are, indeed, worth celebrating. You even left out the USF2000 & Formula E releases and the incredible esports back end which will be more fully fleshed out with the ranking system. Out of that list of positives, though, there are enough negatives for customers to have concerns:
    1. Radical SR3 has peculiarities in the physics that have never been explained (LHD is lopsided weight balance).
    2. ISI only finished getting about half the content onto CPM tires and S397 appears to make updating tires a low priority even though there's a newer CPM, thus it appears it will be ages until all the content is on the same tire model.
    3. We're still waiting for GT3 pack skins that should have been included in the original release 7 months ago. There was even a contest in November for making skins, yet the skins have not been released after 4 months.
    4. None of the new content releases have talent files. Lack of talent files makes for random AI experiences, where you can't rely on car/driver combos to have consistent performance across races when you simulate a series. Considering we hear that the new UI could include a career mode, then the lack of talent files is puzzling.
    5. Rolling starts with AI have been broken for over a year. The first row can follow the pace car, but preceding rows get tangled up and lag by as much as half a lap.
    6. There are host of issues around AI behavior in the rain.
    7. We've been living with poor DX11 fps performance officially now for 4 months. The poor performance has been known about since the beginning of the beta period 9 months ago. Deciding to make DX11 the production code before it was fully optimized was a poor decision. Really crossing my fingers that the new release will give an fps boost in the neighborhood of 15%, which is the minimum that customers need with the GT3 pack (and likely any future content) being more polygon dense than prior releases.

17. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

The just released March roadmap has the skin pack as "we’re confident we can release them next week".

With my GTX 1080 driving triple 1920x1080's, I'm getting much better performance in DX11 than I did in DX9

Rome wasn't built in a day!

patchedupdemon likes this.
  18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

1. It has been explained. Radical is a british car made for RHD with LHD being an afterthought that's why LHD does feel weird because it wasn't meant to be built in LHD in the first place. Default one should always be RHD and if you can't cope with driving on right side then you have to accept the penalty of driving on the left hand side.
    2. I've been involved in creations of many, many, many cars. Tyre creation and then optimization process takes nearly 80% of the time when it comes to building a new car (given you have all the data for suspension, aero, chassis, engine etc). People may think that if you have xyz car then upgrading it with CPM tyre or newest CPM version is just a click of a button and there you go. What if I tell you that in reality it means building a completely new tyre set that compiling alone takes depending on your PC from 6 to 14 h. The painful thing after that is that when you are done and find there's a bug in the tyre and you have to redo it. Optimization process can take even few weeks to even months if you are chasing perfection. For someone like Michael Borda it might be much quicker both on compiling process and optimization due to his experience but still it is not sth that is done easily, quickly and 100% free of problems once you are done. If it was iRacing or AC where this process is much less error prone and much quicker it is not a disaster to update x amount of cars within let's say 2 months. Whereas updating 1 car in rF2 can take up to 2 months. And when you have f-ton new licenses that are waiting to be done with certain deadlines due to obligations like DLC or limitations on license you just can't afford going back to all older cars and update them. I don't blame 397 for not going back on some of the cars. It's a painful reality. I think the only way to see some older cars updated is to propose to make them yourself for free under Michael's supervision. Then you might have a chance of getting older content updated. That's the price of having physics and tyre modelling 2-3 levels above any other title. You get realism and complexity that always means much more difficult process and time required to get those things done.
    3. I don't have an answer for this one. Maybe there is a very mundane reason behind that... Who knows? I certainly don't. Lucky me that I don't mind missing the livery pack till this day.
    4. Same as no 3. No idea why maybe there's a plan to replace that system with sth that is in WIP or just plain way to make the building process for new cars much faster.
    5. Wasn't aware of that. I usually had standing starts with AI in the past. If true then indeed needs fixing ASAP.
    6. Known issue with that pitting for wets as soon as it starts raining and going back for new set almost every lap because AI thinks only fresh set of wets will be viable to survive that horrendous weather which is few drops here and there. ;) I have few logical fixes to that but they are very basic and I hope and expect 397's solution to be much more complex and realistic in it's outcome. Also agree that it needs fixing since racing in rain with AI is an absolute no-no right now.
    7. I agree that performance is in a bit of a limbo lately. Performance of initial DX11 was very poor. Quickly patched and got to a point which it was within 5% of DX9 performance. Then it stayed the same for many months until december build which created a new issue for me which is huge stuttering and freezes that only occurs online with more than 8-10 people on server. With max settings I usually get around 110-120 avg fps when alone on most tracks and GT3 cars. And over 220-230 with minimal settings which don't really go lower than 100 even in highly packed situations on server but somehow I get freezes and stuttering so harsh that out of realtime issues are dangerous to others on the server racing with me. After confirming it is not a lone issue just for me and there are others that are getting these issues online I know that maybe sth is not 100% alright with last build. I'm giving 397 a chance of fixing that in newest build that they aim to release in near future. If it doesn't get fixed then I might get vocal but until that happens I'm giving them a chance of dealing with that quietly. Letting them focus on that task and many other issues.

Long post, sorry for that.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  19. Numrollen

Numrollen Registered

I loved this track and these cars. Yes, this details above the street, it feels like active, like a event! Not like those dead race tracks with fake people beside. Ambient sounds, special surface, something to remember. Like this rF1 user modded Suzuka that has a big wheel rolling and noices. People crying, the sounds of the crowd, radiosounds, the volumne.

Guimengo likes this.