Latest Roadmap Update - February 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Airbrush Art

Airbrush Art Registered

When Ya say Art ,Like this,My Contest T shirt design at IRacing....

Attached Files:

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Ah, so not just me then.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Subscribed content updates?

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Same for me.

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Nah it’s not content updates

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

:confused: I've had no updates lately, of any sort, and I've only got the GT3 pack and a few tracks for my leagues series installed from the workshop.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

Me neither

8. emha76

emha76 Registered

ceecee likes this.
  9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I had 2 or 3 times in a few days of dialogue boxes at the opening of the game indicating that an update was in progress (not content): it can quite be a generic box of dialogue that does not actually mean that there is a real update. This dialog box must mean something else.

10. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hopefully the next update fixes my slow mo problem in replay mode. Looking forward to the new UI and all other improvements.

Cheers

11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Your "slow mo" replay problem is because you have effects on ULTRA on GPU settings, reduce this and it's gone...

12. RoWo

RoWo Member

Not sure. I had it also, and I never had my pp on ultra.

TwoHardCore likes this.
  13. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

My effects aren't on ultra. Just low. For example I can run the Nordschleife with 40 ai also in replay....of.course the framerate is bad, but the purple bar is on the left quarter.
    When I run a single practice session with the USF 2000 at the Katrodromo Valencia or on a S397 track like Quebec, the purple bar is full on the right side during replay and the replay is in super slowmo.
    Cheers

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

So your problem is something apart... good luck!

15. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I'm not sure that S397 really knows this problem.

The only way that S397 eventually solves the problem, is that you formalize it in the "technical support" section, that you give a maximum of factual elements allowing them to reproduce the problem.

Then they would decide if it is a priority to solve this problem ........

...................but in the case of the REPLAY, and not a game sequence, I do not think it will be a priority.

If already, we can have an overall performance equivalent to the other simulations, it would already be a gigantic advance.
    And according to the Roadmap, it is a very strong performance improvement that we can expect. Fingers crossed !

16. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I just fired up rf2 again and turned pp effects to ultra. Same car and track, and the purple bar is nearly not visible during replay. That's interesting....
    I'll see what the new update will bring. As you said, it's just replay.
    Cheers

17. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Can you please remind me how to bring up those bars? Cheers!

18. RoWo

RoWo Member

Strg/Ctrl+C

Voltaic likes this.
  19. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

In follow up to our previous discussion on graphics developments, there was some news today about upcoming NVidia displays. These are 4K, HDR and 144Hz that got announced in Jan 2017 and were supposed to ship last year, but are now expected to ship 'mid year' in 2018. These were badly delayed, either because of the updated GSynch tech needing work, or the panels needing work. This is significant because there are several non-HDR 1440p high refresh panels now available that currently define the 'sweet spot' of monitors that current graphics cards stand a chance of powering. Even a 1080Ti would not be able to drive these 4K HDR screens at 144Hz. In theory, the graphics card is technically capable of the resolution+HDR but not at the desired framerate. I'm not aware if there are also FreeSynch2 versions of the Acer/Asus monitors at this level (if not, could imply that the panels were the source of delay).

Reason I post this: there's been no mention by S397 of support for true HDR (10-bit color). While very uncommon now, I can see it becoming much more popular in 2-3 years, because most 4K TVs already ship with this capability albeit the panels are not true 10-bit capability and below 3-400 nits brightness. This will come across to PC monitors when the graphics cards can drive this at 60Hz or better, and I think we will soon start to see cheaper low-end 4K+HDR monitors based on the TV tech and those might become the defacto baseline. [There are non-HDR 4K 60Hz monitors now, and since no-one is making/buying 1440p TVs, I think that'll get skipped]. If S397 have a 2-3 year 'capability development timeline', then its getting close to being required. PC2 software is apparently capable of HDR and can support 8K and 12K displays, though of course, these don't really exist and probably won't for the life of that title. I'm of the belief that HDR will be a game-changer in terms of graphics realism, moreso than more pixels. S397 have to support good performance at 4K on mid-to-high end cards, but I'd like to see that be 4K+HDR performance.

I'd also note that DX11 was released in 2009; DX12 was released in 2015. Doubtless DX11 still has a long life ahead of it, and I'm sure S397 think they are only just starting to leverage what it can do. UE4 was released in 2014; I think it now supports DX12. In a couple of years pretty much everyone will be on Win 10 and have DX12-capable hardware and we'll have the first UE4 games from Kunos and maybe Sector3/Simbin; and I'd expect PC3 to use DX12. S397 won't want to port to DX12 having just done a port to DX11, within the next few years, but they may well need to start planning for it if they intend to support this title beyond 5 years. S397 did a pretty swift transition rather than maintaining code 'in parallel', something iRacing did for about 18 months and I'm sure they'll take the same approach next time.

John likes this.
  20. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

I use a 17-inch with a native resolution of 1280x1024 at 75Hz. It was made in the decade previous.