Latest Roadmap Update - February 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 28, 2018.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Exactly.
    The lastest configuration is kept under controller.json. You don't have to detect/select a specific profile each time you load rF2.

2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

It's not just on laptops.
    On my i5 2500K this does it frequently.

Extremely annoying in the long run, using I would say even, but especially ... think of all the people who have this problem (gigantic) without being informed (the majority of the users do not go on the forums ...):

What experience catastrophic game!

How many times I run the launcher (15 sec), I forget to do this manipulation, I start my game after having configured everything (3 min) then I realize ......... and that's left for the launcher + game + choice / parametrage + launch game......

[Which does not necessarily guarantee a good gaming experience (high performance problems that will be solved !!!!! AWESOME.).]

For me, the fact that S397 is not launched a communication (in the launcher) to prevent the problem and solve the problem in a short time (1 to 3 weeks) is a serious mistake.

How do you want people coming from other simulations, who walk perfectly on the performance aspect, do not ask for a refund ....

It is someone who loves RF2 since the beginning who says that.

No need to talk about big performance problems, because they will be solved. I'm only talking about this bug, which is a major bug, but has never been solved despite user feedback.

3. Louis

Louis Registered

o_O I think it is supposed to work like that. Each car has his own "degrees of rotation".
    Seems logical to me keeping changing to default value of each vehicle than the previous one used (which probably wont be the same when you change mods)

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

So you have 2 GPUs on your system? One suggestion you could try is to disable the onboard GPU completely in your BIOS so only the discrete GPU is left.

DrivingFast likes this.
  5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Thank you Marcel.

But it is impossible to disable it in the BIOS in my system.

Sorry for this abrupt message.

Good luck for all that there is to follow.1

Thank you

6. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Can you post your mainboard details ?
    Maybe someone here could help you.
    If you are not sure of this then run HWInfo and post a screenshot
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, the issue being mentioned is that after exiting the game, the profiler's degrees of rotation have been changed. So the profiler says 450 or whatever, you run the game and drive a vehicle with 620, and when you exit the game the profiler now says 620. This would be annoying if you play other games that lack the ability to change the degrees and you set the 450 up for those.

Note I don't have this personally, but I've seen it reported a couple of times here and there.

Wergilius and Mibrandt like this.
  8. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Yeah like Lazza said it changes the wheel rotation to the degrees of whatever car you drive in RF2 in the driver software. So when I play another game like AC I have to manually set it back to 900 otherwise it doesnt match.

Guimengo likes this.
  9. Louis

Louis Registered

@Lazza @Mibrandt understand what you are saying

Whats is your steering wheel? Mine, logitech g27, i choose 900° and check the box "allow game to adjust settings" and then apply this profile as persistent.
    prof2.png
    profile.png

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

On my Fanatec CSWv2 the wheel property driver I need to check and change the degrees back to 900 after playing rF2.
    Also auto is always selected on my system for GPU but my 1080Ti is always used while on auto.

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

12. Louis

Louis Registered

Sry, dont know nothing beyond my steering wheel

13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

You do now ;-)

14. Louis

Louis Registered

i think i didn´t express myself correctly but i think you understood and ou are joking about that. My english is "peculiar" :D

To be clear (i hope): i cannot help with anything besides what i use or problems i did not face yet

Mibrandt likes this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just to return to this briefly, I've just discovered to my surprise that my T500 does this also. Obviously the very little driving I do in other games isn't affected because they can also adjust it, so every game just puts it where appropriate and the driver setting doesn't really matter. Sooooo do other games not do this?

16. Louis

Louis Registered

Careful, forum patrol is reading

17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I believe AMS did it at one point but I Think they fixed it. Not sure though - havent played it since I got VR...

18. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I have a T500, but within rF2 I have set up specific profiles for each mod, as I have slight differences. When I reload the sim, the last profile is loaded, BUT the specific FFB is always back at 1. I therefore have to reload the profile to get the Specific FFB that I set up for the car.

19. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Do we have a suggestion for when the next code update may drop? As far as I can tell we had the last one 1109 on Dec 21st (with a few minor fixes in January) so it's about 3 months ago; and the DX11 beta was released on May 1st last year. Does this mean we can expect updates twice a year, or maybe quarterly? What do you think is a 'good' update frequency?

Do we have visibility into the next content drop? It was suggested 'late April' for the Corvette GTE, and also 'a couple of months' for completion of Sebring as of end of Feb which puts that about the same time and Portland 'by Labor Day'. But there is also an update to Zandvoort, which was stated at end Q1 2018 and supposedly in testing. Last year we had NOLA Feb 28th, Radical July 1st, Zandvoort Aug 11th, GT3 Pack Oct 17th, FE Nov 28th. Is a good expectation to have about every 2-3 months some new content? Are you tying content release and code release going forward?

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

one of the known hold-ups has been their problems finishing the new UI. That was supposed to be released last fall at the latest. I don't think S397 is projecting quarterly or even half yearly releases, they are working on the basis of completing projects. Remember almost every car/track has had post release issues, so I figure they are trying to improve the initial quality.... AND... lest we forget... they are in the middle of a major DX11 performance upgrade. Many irons in the fire, expecting any of them to drop in a regularly scheduled release schedule is probably optimistic.

John likes this.