Latest Roadmap Update - February 2018!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

nice nice and nice!!

one question really how long can we expect the next build?

Louis likes this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Nice roadmap update once again,great news that caters to everyone,will be great to try your first laser scanned track,great news on the content side,gte pack,lmp etc.
    Many will be glad to hear the good news on the performance side of things,very encouraging.

Competition structure has me foaming at the mouth,can’t wait,but will wait patiently as I agree with your work ethics of doing things right,from the ground up,all good words we customers love to hear from devs

Fremen78 and LokiD like this.
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

the only negative i have and please dont nail me to the wall.. But why the gtlm license as isn't it very similar to the gt3 series ( i know its the ex gt2 series but still). Maybe we could have the gt4 series or something not similar.. Just worried about the oversaturation of gt cars inthe sim market atm ;( Im not ungrateful its honestly just a question. Im happy regardless. just wondering?

Also is there a chance of an LMP pack hehe?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Sebring laser scanned very very nice

There’s a hell of a lot of character in the tracks surface (unlike the terrible mod version knocking around )

Great choice for 1st laser scanned track for Rfactor 2

Nice to hear optimisations coming too, thanks for update

Ps I’m spoilt for choice on good quality sim cars in rf2 already so my interest is mainly tracks & optimisations eg

6. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Boring I know but I really like GT cars :oops:. The closer I can get to a GT3/GTE/LMP grid with official content the better. Sebring is a massive surprise and a great track so really chuffed with that.

Performance improvements always welcome, I don't do too bad with my setup but any extra is a bonus and may get me to running in 4K (DSR).

Would still love to see some more on the UI. It sounds like it could still be a long way from release but sure it will be worth it. Can't wait to build some offline championships (no offence LogAnalyzer :))

All in all I think it could be the best Roadmap I have read. All it needs is some time expectations for the juicy stuff :p

Schumi and Daniele Vidimari like this.
  7. felirrari

felirrari Registered

Great news! Talking about competition, is there any chance to have a system with scheduled races separating drivers by level? It would be nice to see rFactor2 full of players in online races and not only in leagues races. My suggestion to HUD is to bring it all different, including the LCD, which is outdated.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  8. lukilord1

lukilord1 Registered

regarding driver levels. There was talk about matchmaking before, so yeah it should be there.

9. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

OMG love you guys! :)

10. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Wow great. Looking forward to the next updates. Keep on going good work.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the Roadmap, certainly one of the better ones, my thoughts below:

Performance:
    Quite simply always god to hear regardless of what the software is, any improvement is always very much welcomed.

Content:
    Corvette C7.R GTE/GTLM in a new Pack sounds amazing (I just hope the Pack is a Full Grid - see *Rant Below!), Norma M30 LMP3 is a fantastic license to get and I'm really looking forward to seeing this in game. Sebring oh YES, not overly fussed by the Laser Scan technology usage but regardless it's a great fun track (unlike what's said above :rolleyes: the current mod version is very good), really looking forward to this also.

HUD:
    Barely use it in VR but glad it's getting the fixes needed for everyone else.

UI:
    Sounds like good progress, again I'm not fussed if this takes a lot longer than previously hoped (already has for sure) as it needs to be good from the start not bugged to hell and back. I noticed Bathurst used in these Pics, I've been running a community made DX11 updated version but could this be a hint of an Official updated version perhaps? ;)

Competition:
    Sounds very intriguing and I'm looking forward to seeing what it's all about when it's ready.

KartSim:
    Not my cuppa tea but I may purchase it to have a go in VR and maybe that will sway me a little, any additional content and first Officially Supported Mod content is very welcome indeed.

Community:
    The forums have needed some TLC for a while has to be said!

The Missing:
    *No news on the GT3 Skin Pack, it's been two months+ since that Comp finished and this is taking too long to complete in my eyes. Not only should there of been enough Skins from the start but this delay (for whatever reasons) is a massive shame, racing against Test Driver #1 all these months is quite frankly Poor with a capital P. I sincerely hope future DLC Packs from First release will have Full Grids and not Place holders.
    Finally Marcel just mentioned this on Discord:
    Marrs - Today at 12:53
    An updated Zandvoort is scheduled to go into internal testing next week.

12. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

Very very happy that you took the ropes on continuing the development of RFactor2.Thank you and great job.;)

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. Comante

Comante Registered

If my system will be able to run RF2 at VR performances I will consider STUDIO397 responsible for ruining my life after I will be FORCED to buy a VR headset and close the whole world outside. :D:D:confused:

14. Louis

Louis Registered

I would like to not be hyped every time they post these roadmaps but I can not help it
    What i liked most to hear was about performance improvements
    What i hated most was not to read anything about offline championship mode (i cant understand if this is implied in the new ui stuff)

15. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Great news!!!
    They will have to work hard with sebring, because the existing version is fantastic

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

SlowMike, Bogdy and Louis like this.
  17. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Nice Roadmap! Thx S397.......

18. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

See article here for what I think is a positive comment on Offline Championships https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/09/the-flare-path-rubber-blubber/

"The new UI will see us building on the sort of features our users now expect, like championship modes for racing against our best-in-class AI and better ways to find people to race against online."

* Ninja'd!!

MarcG and Louis like this.
  19. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Great RoadMap again!
    [​IMG]

but need release news content/Game maj (ui/hud)/online system quickly!!
    @MarcG say "*No news on the GT3 Skin Pack, it's been two months+ since that Comp finished and this is taking too long to complete in my eyes. Not only should there of been enough Skins from the start but this delay (for whatever reasons) is a massive shame, racing against Test Driver #1 all these months is quite frankly Poor with a capital P. I sincerely hope future DLC Packs from First release will have Full Grids and not Place holders." I agree with him, they are the little details that are stain!

MarcG likes this.
  20. Louis

Louis Registered

Mister Bronze and MarcG like this.