Latest Roadmap Update - December 2017!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Slamfunk3, DaveS78, Ricardo and 10 others like this.
  2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Quick questions:

• Are there any plans to work on how realroad is implemented or to make it function with higher resolution/detailed track surfaces, where it currently doesn't work?
    • Will mirror reflections be enabled through the different on-car cameras outside of replays with virtual mirror being activated? (as seen on Radical GT3 screenshot)
    • In a rainy session, the trackside cameras show lots of heavy raindrops on the foreground in a way similar in perspective as if the user was standing at the edge of a covered area, with a lot of water evacuating in front. Will the projected further improvements address that? Here's an example to highlight the clarity under rainy circumstances:
    XJR-9 (1).jpg

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2017
  3. liakjim

liakjim Registered

Can you elaborate more on this?

• Rain effects are visual currently. However, we are working on physics impacts.

dadaboomda likes this.
  4. demerzel

demerzel Registered

TL;DR: UNFINISHED.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

No. TLDR: Graphic update only. Rain physic same as was before. New physic features will be added in the future.

6. SikoOr

SikoOr Registered

I have such a rain problem, it's raining, but I can not see it on the glass :/

7. Depco

Depco Registered

Are rain drops turned on in the options menu?

8. Carr

Carr Registered

Sweet, we have fancy new puddles and lighting which look fantastic for external camera screenshots. How about spending some time improving processing so cockpits look better, hell, enable virtual mirrors and enjoy the lego frame but you will see water drops running across the car behind you with a little glint of light off each one.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  9. Traveller

Traveller Member

Set Rain Drops to at least Medium in the in-game Graphics Settings.

10. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I watch the old screen and video a year ago ... the incredible progress !!
    [​IMG]
    really good work to all the team @studio397 and merry christmas to you all!
    [​IMG]

Patrick Craenmehr likes this.
  11. Promag

Promag Registered

The new lighting engine is astounding. Really looks great.

juanchioooo and Ricardo like this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I think everything has improvements, and things will be fixed, but I really like the update, I see a bright future, even if it is little by little, without hurry, but without pauses

13. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Don't forget the january roadmap ;-)

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It seems main activity has been game polishing (bug fixes) and documentation which have received a very important support lately.

But as you say it is always good to read official news.

15. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I would guess people want to see updates about the following:

New UI: I suspect we are still several months away from getting this, and largely because they want the competition infrastructure to also be built into it. Maybe they want to avoid talking about this until its imminent. Perhaps they will give us a tease about upcoming hosted competitions (see next section)?

Formula E tracks, and other tracks: We know they need to create many new F-E tracks, so some sort of idea on which ones they have licensed/got CAD for and a possible development/release schedule might be appreciated. I'd assume there is also planned to be some sort of hosted championship for this as well.

Other content updates: they've now updated most of the ISI content for DX11 and rain effects. We need to know what the plan is for the 3PA content (not that the oval tracks need rain, but...). Plus some sort of update on Zandvoort... There is a need to fix AI for the Radical plus I'm sure many other fixes also needed.

Modder Tooling: the documentation is a great start plus the new spreadsheet tool for physics/car building. Plus return of the blog. Describing any other ideas for future might be useful. Maybe start a series of interviews with leaders of bigger/better mod teams who are working with the new info?

Bug fixes: as @SPAKIS says, one of the big areas should be fixing long-standing bugs in the base simulation. Some mention of how they are prioritizing and tackling this area might be useful. The latest builds seems to have many more 'devs' on the roster; so what are they all doing? And by that I mean, are they content creators, coders, building backend stuff etc.

bwana likes this.
  16. Louis

Louis Registered

The wiper on the corvette is too high and maybe too big. Blocks my vision

edit: sadly we cannot use that 2010 rainy video from Isi as argument anymore :D

ps: what about not having AI counting as players in multiplayer lobby?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    bwana likes this.
  17. stonec

stonec Registered

The Formula E pack has sold approximately 2500 copies up to now, which is over half less than the GT3 pack. I wouldn't count on any new tracks being made for such a small audience, and they never promised any specifics regarding FE tracks, but who knows. An event like the Vegas 2017 thing would probably be the way to attract more attention.

18. eldiablo

eldiablo Registered

Graphically, is the rain will stay like this?
    Nobody talk about it but i think the rain is very charicatural. Rain is white instead of being transparent, very bad / unreal looking, it is good on the winshield but it is white in front of and on the different cam... so will improuve or not?

Louis likes this.
  19. LokiD

LokiD Registered

give em a chance this is their first pass at rain. There WILL be improvements. Just be patient.. Coming from the most unpatient person here!

Ernie likes this.
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Marcel did say in the RD live stream that more tracks were coming for that series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.