Latest Roadmap Update - April 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 30, 2021.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Quite a nice roadmap. Nice to see previews of screen space reflections, I think it will bring only positives in all aspects. Also pretty excited for Lime Rock, awesome track, some more immersion and beauty will be awesome.

True, but not because suiting needs, because echo chambers. Fanboys, whiteknights only want to see positives about what they identify as part of, and only negatives about what others are. And those who don't follow same logic are disrespected and pushed out.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg I think I see what you're doing there. I also think you must own very large mirrors. But that's cool.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  3. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

The driving in rf2 is absolutely a blast imo, but that's all it is, an opinion. We all have them and they hardly ever match. Not even the real life drivers can't agree on what sim is more realistic.

I've been saying it for years, simracing games will always be closer to mario kart than real life racing because in the end it's only another racing game.

marmagas likes this.
  4. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Remembering Hamiltons hot lap in Monza last year I think its quite different: reality approaches more and more sim racing

5. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

I totally agree with you RF2 still is the best relatively, it is just some small tweaks that could improve it ALOT. that is all i'm looking for.
    Hell RF2 is the only sim i have been playing right now :)

Martin Vindis likes this.
  6. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

one day we will have simulators that F1 teams use at our homes :) (hopefully)

7. green serpent

green serpent Registered

There's not enough front end grip in rF2 during steady state cornering imo. This inscentivises the driver to drive the car in a countersteering/oversteery style, (not fully sideways), but doing little techniques to get the car to not understeer. If you do drive the car strictly in a conventional way, trying to be carefull with the inputs like a good gentlman driver, feeding in steering smoothly and precisely like Jackie Stewart told you. The car feels GREAT and all is well in the world. But then, you've had a bad day at work, you drink a bottle of whisky, and subsequently manhadle the car around the track with agression turned to 11... and you're 3 seconds faster! And you're like, tell me what the right way to drive is! Is the sim wrong or right, help me!

8. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

If you are talking about GT cars, then steady state can be affected by a lots of setup parameters. What you are describing that when you manhandle the car you are quicker (ofcourse not too much) this is most probably tyre issue.
    In short, they hold on quite a bit even after overdriving, so if you add SLIGHTLY more steering above understeer you don't loose as much grip,time and difficulty isn't increased as much.
    similarly if you go above oversteer SLIGHTLY then the grip,time isn't lost too much and difficulty isn't increased as much.
    I have tried couple of things to get past this forgiving nature
    IMO run on "light" rubbered surface, this remove peak grip but makes car bit more difficult to manage over the limit. Give it a try.

I also tried to modify aero in upgrade file to make up for this ...yea it doesn't work. you end up chasing the tail.

green serpent likes this.
  9. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

[​IMG]

will there be an update of the sky and clouds? Because today it leaves a lot to be desired

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Why are your eyes UP THERE when they should be focused, like a Laser, DOWN THERE!

11. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Yeah right? The real focal point is supposed to be the trees! :D

davehenrie likes this.
  12. Filip

Filip Registered

Is this rf2 or Photoshop?!?

13. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

I took it from the forum, I believe it is photoshop

14. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Because the visual is part of the immersion of the SIM

15. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Is not photoshop,that is a track that i helped,is straight from the game,rFactor1 :)

davehenrie likes this.
  16. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

please help the s397 bring this to RF2,
    :D:D:D

17. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Yes, I've been mostly starting out on a green track, and also not lowering tire pressure too low, and then driving the car as best as I can like I would if it were a real race car, i.e trying to avoid loss of traction and building up to the limit but not over it. But it is just a shame that this is a kind of self-imposed limit, when really I know I that I can smash the throttle early, hold on for dear life and it'll probably be faster. I like there to be consquences when I make errors in games, not just arbitrary limits that I impose upon myself.

Either rF2 drivers have found a new way to drive fast that works IRL (not totally discounting that idea, it could be the case), or rF2 physics/tire model needs more work to make a driver more accountable when going over the limit, and bring the driving more in line with what we see in real life (again, this could just be because real life drivers don't have balls of steel through every corner like us sim racers do ;), and THAT is why the driving style is different). Either way, I'm not saying one or the other is right, but the main point for me is that more engagment with the community from the Devs regarding the physics model/tyres/general car handling would be welcome. Anyway, physics can be a touchy subject to discuss too much, I shall leave it at that!

Sim_Player and memoNo1 like this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Several years ago it was EASY to flat spot tires. Users were complaining almost immediately. Often high end wheel users were afraid their wheel would shake apart.

19. Filip

Filip Registered

Track looks like from rf2.
    But sky and sun are fantastic and most realistic I've ever seen and they look like Photoshop.
    I don't believe it looks that good in game (until I see the video ;))

20. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Is from rFactor1,i dont have to prove anything,it was a pack of sky textures,nothing hard to make,in this litle things rFactor 1 is way superior to rFactor2. GRAB_307.JPG GRAB_308.JPG GRAB_309.JPG

memoNo1 likes this.