Latest Roadmap Update -April 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

Will monaco come until tomorrow

2. xerofer

xerofer Registered

Waiting for Monaco too.

3. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Hope there will be finally release dates for Nürburgring and the ui/competition system with the May update.

Another all in progress message would be disillusioning and it's now more or less mid of 2019.

4. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

what would you say if they put on release day for December 2019? would it make you a happier person?

5. Patrick Schumacher

Then we know what is really going on and what we can expect (as far as it is reliable..).

6. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

Then imagine they confirmed it for December 2019 and keep your expectations on low. You could be a happy man come September ;)

7. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

it makes the most sense when the user interface and the Nordschleife are published for Simracingexpo In August/September this Year

8. a1gpmatty

a1gpmatty Registered

I’m hoping for some screenshots of the Tatuus cars, can’t wait to drive them!

Mauro likes this.
  9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I really hope that the NOF comes before the 24h race in the Eifel. This will be the highlight of RF2

vittorio likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You may have noticed that several of the latest releases have coincided with actual events. While I was surprised when Sebring was released(I wasn't expecting it for months back then) They have cranked out Hong Kong and Monaco e-tracks and the rather large update to Zandvoort virtually the same day F1 announced returning to the track. If they follow this pattern, the VLN 24hr race would be an ideal race tie-in.

vittorio and Patrick Schumacher like this.
  11. Patrick Schumacher

This is what I mean. The race is scheduled on 22+23th of June. Not far away. Let's hope the release of the NOS is soon.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I was just watching the 4hr race on You Tube. Amazing times we live in to be able to view races such as this. I will say, however, their on-board cameras suffered from signal lapses. They need blimps to hover over the track and relay signals.

13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I think Zandvoort was more of a coincidence than a plan. But also remember when Portland was going to be released before the Indycar race there?

https://www.studio-397.com/2018/02/roadmap-update-january-2018/

Hopefully we'll get some news on that today.

UsedMomo likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well today's Roadmap (the May edition) may throw off my estimate. Le Mans is probably more newsworthy to the general public than Nords...Hmmmm lots of Sportscar tracks lately, especially if you add Portland, but we'll be needing some open-wheel tracks if the Tatuus are a success.

15. Patrick Schumacher

Think it's the right way S397 moves on.

We need content, the new competition-system (when it will be finally released) must be successful. To realize that we need superior content of tracks and cars. It's an attack on iRacing. This seems clear to me. Premium-Tracks (for premium-costs), competitions as road-to-Le Mans, scheduled races then....it's pretty obvious.

I cross my fingers.

Bugfixing, as bad as it sounds, is not on the same priority regarding the business plan. Not at the moment.

I'm looking forward to Le Mans and Nordschleife. If S397 will be able to realize the tracks on the qualitiy level of Sebring (no doubts they will manage this) we will have the best tracks out there among all sims.

Ricardo Diz and Rui Santos like this.
  16. Patrick Schumacher

@Marcel Offermans
    I remember something important for the Nordschleife: when doing the outlap in practise/quali to go back on the start and finish straight (not leaving the gp track) to avoid one entire first lap of the whole NOS before you can really start your first hot lap.

Can we expect this?