Released Latest Release Candidate - June 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 10, 2021.

1. atomed

atomed Member

I think it´s this one:
    Latest Release Candidate Update

Steam Build IDs
    Client 6919179
    Dedi 6919185

- Fixed erratic loading times related to shader cache save flag not resetting
    - Fixed performance dip when limiting framerate ("Max Framerate" setting in player.JSON)
    - Added skin transfer progress bar and status icons
    - Added new styling to content portion of the start up Wizard
    - Fixed getting value from wrong GDB entry
    - Reset pit exit light upon resuming replay
    - Added a visual box around garage stall location when in AIW editor

bo1210 likes this.
  2. McNolo

McNolo Registered

Hello,

I think the asphalt could be improved in night lighting situations, it's like the light reflection is lost and it looks "lifeless". This effect looks great in sunlight, but disappears in artificial light. I will illustrate it with some images.

[​IMG]
    This is the first corner of Bahrain. You can see the light reflection of artificial light right in front of the car.

[​IMG]
    And this is in the game (with PBR material). Artificial light illuminates but is not reflected.

[​IMG]
    A more extreme case, which I don't know if it is due to the quality of the asphalt or perhaps to the angle of incidence of the light, with lower headlights.

I don't know if it is possible to improve this, maybe not, but certainly the track would look much better at night in artificial light if it could be implemented

I take this opportunity to congratulate S397 for the implementation of the rain reflections in real time, I think it is a great advance in the game.

Regards.

3. David Crespo

David Crespo Registered

Les dejo este video para que vean cómo se ven los reflejos de las banderas digitales, no me parecen reales, son reflejos fuera de su sitio. El ajuste de SSR es Alto.
    Otro problema que siempre he tenido es que cuando pongo una sesión con lluvia bajo los fps a 30, no importa los cambios que haga en los ajustes que siempre me bajan a 30, menos cuando estoy solo en la pista que vuelven a los 60, pero como digo esto no es a partir de ahora me ha pasado siempre, lo mismo cuando es de noche y se encienden las luces. Yo uso el modo ventana.
    Tengo un I7 7700K y un gtx 1060, normalmente obtengo más de 100 fps sin lluvia y durante el día.
    https://streamable.com/1d3pku

4. Kahel

Kahel Registered

You can simulate this effect with a well tuned bloom effect in reshade... but it will mostly help around everything that is white, curbs and line, etc... not sure if it would give the reflection/specular effect that you are looking for on the road surface itself... maybe, but it might require to push the effect too much, and make thing look overblown.
    Anyway you're right that's something that could be tweak to improve the overall road surface.

5. yashiman

yashiman Registered

20210625183237_1.png
    When I change the UI or controller profile, "Exaggerate yaw" is set to -80% by itself.

6. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

There is still a slight jerking when switching from the mini view to the full screen.
    Noticeable for approx. 2-3 seconds!
    Then the RC runs smoothly!
    No matter which track or which cars.
    That was not the case with the before RC, because this was also addressed and an update was added.

Rogger likes this.
  7. Chipless

Chipless Registered

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to leave this feedback, but I just wanted to say a huge "thanks" for making multiple fixed setup events available, especially with some of the more enjoyable vehicles to drive!

8. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Yep. I've written several times that there is a stutter, but it's not getting any better.

Rogger likes this.
  9. Bostrom

Bostrom Registered

Since the last update it stutters again in the replay. :(

Rogger likes this.
  10. R Soul

R Soul Registered

Some sort of reflection makes sense to me too, but the two real-world images you posted are stills from a camera. I've no idea what the truth is, but my gut feeling is that the human eye will 'render' things differently to a camera.

11. Rogger

Rogger Registered

"me too" ;)

The Replay jerks again and even if you make the monitor big it jerks after the last update.

Two steps forward and one step back again. Very annoying. :(

pety100, Dady Cairo and R.Noctua like this.
  12. pety100

pety100 Registered

I think this is true for every rFactor 2 update. What a shame.

13. lagg

lagg Registered

But this is the purpose of a release candidate, no?
    If there aren't bugs, why to have a RC?

atomed and Reiche like this.
  14. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Yeah well... just because i have a safety net doesn't mean I have to fall... at least not everytime... If you follow what I mean... :)

So yeah the replay thing seem a bit weird... the dev are well aware of it but it still come and goes like that.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Possibly the reason for the randomness of the issue is the cause may not lie in the Replay module but the result appears in the Replay module. rF2 is so incredibly interconnected that any harmless change in one area, could cause calamity in another area of the sim.

16. Filip

Filip Registered

Not any more.
    Interconnectivity is solved with new UI and everything is now well modularized and it's much easier to develop now.

atomed and davehenrie like this.
  17. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Does the latest release candidate allow to play online?

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yes, but it has a completely separate Competition System compared to the official stable UI. Both allow you to join online hosted events on any server that matches your version # and that you have the exact same set of cars that are offered on the server. That means, for example, if you have 1 GT3 car, and the server has all 13 loaded, then you cannot join that session(in either UI) until you have all the cars the server does.

mixer61 likes this.
  19. justposted

justposted Registered

I thought it was worth reporting that with the latest RC, I'm seeing an improvement of about 10fps versus the non-RC version in the rain (BMW Class 1, Indianapolis). Nice work S397!

20. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered