Released Latest Release Candidate - June 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

I know it´s a beta, but how can I identity a beta download from Steam, from an update to a car or a track? If I install the latest stable release, how can I avoid it being overwritten by a new beta download?

2. Joan Prim Armengol

Joan Prim Armengol Registered

Just opt-out of Beta. Public branch gets updated when the beta branch is ready. Then the beta is updated, and so on.
    If Steam says it's a workshop update then it's content (car or track).

Edit: Also you can switch back and forth from Main to beta and viceversa.

atomed likes this.
  3. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I have now also tested the RC in the wet in Spa and also have problems with the reflections. I drive in VR and have previously deleted the cache folders. I can guess that there are wet spots and when driving past you can also see briefly that this should be a wet spot. But ultimately it looks only dark, the reflection is briefly to guess but really wet does not look. In addition, the reflections are seen in the replay as a double over the image. Something is still not quite right

4. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Yeah like Joan said, you need to opt-out the beta... from you steam library right click on your game, select properties then betas then choose 'None'. You should see your steam starting to download files.

Good to see you guys sharing your issues... shows how important the 'beta branch' is.

5. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Thanks......... So, if you delete the player.json file (to eliminate or confirm problems) you create a new one with just that line in?

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it might impact your framerate, but try increasing the reflections setting.

Christian Wolter likes this.
  7. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I'm back on the current main build after having a few problems with this RC. Most already mentioned, but here's my two cents anyway:
    - I had the problem of sounds cutting in and out, although the suggested fix of deleting CBASH & Shaders seemed to correct that. Strange though, since I already cleared those and had a new player.json after switching to the RC but before noticing the sound problem.
    - During a track session (dry, btw) things were mostly running smoothly but I had a couple of sudden big FPS drops - just 29 FPS recorded by the in-game monitor. Numbers that low are unheard of on my system.
    - After that track session I checked some settings and the "Number of sounds" had changed itself back to 1 again.

Hopefully there'll be some updates we can test before the main build is changed. Saying all of that, the SSR is quite impressive!

8. pety100

pety100 Registered

Yeah man, I have the same problem with my Logitech DFGT. Even when I go to controller settings and press the detect button, it says no matching controller file found. I think that should be fixed. This is an old bug...

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I have returned to the previous candidate, and the template folder has disappeared from the root of the game, I do not download any files when verifying the integrity of the files, something changed from this or it only happens to me?:rolleyes::confused:

10. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

If you verify your game cache does it come back?

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Where is the game cache?

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

validacion.jpg archivos.jpg View attachment 39169 I have validated 6 times already, nothing, it tells me that everything is correct 100%:confused::(
    I no longer know what to do, whether to reinstall the game or what?
    @Christopher Elliott

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

on steam, rfactor 2 right click: properties / local files / check integrity of game files.
    unless there is another way to do it that I do not know

mixer61 likes this.
  14. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Thanks, but I could have thought of that myself ;-). But yes now everything reflects and looks good and wet (reflection on high). The framerate is still good, but in the replay it still looks strange.

15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have a few questions. Does reflection settings in game work for ssr too ? Also, how much performance has improved with ssr ?

16. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

The release candidate number does not match the servers (1125 and 1124), so Steam is offline. This is not clearly explained .....

17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

"As for the competition system, if you decide to try out the new RC, this version is a build bump to the latest opt-out default build. This means you won’t be able to join the public competition system. However, we are going to have some test competitions up and running for you to try out on the new RC."

Also the changelog, first line
    General
    • rFactor 2 Build Bumped to 1125

18. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

19. lagg

lagg Registered

@Christopher Elliott , have you planned to change the number of the official build to 1125, to match with the current RC?
    This would allow us to test it in online and would benefit the testing process.

DJCruicky and atomed like this.
  20. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Do you notice these Frame - Spikes - purple peakes ?
    I have this problem sometimes, when some cars ont the track, not alone and when the gametime is on afternoon with sunset ingame too.
    Has nothing to do with the Grafic settings, low or high, it is the same problem.

I use now the non beta version of rFactor2 and an older Nvidia driver for VR
    I play rFactor 2 only with VR, so I need 90Hz and a good framerate here.