Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

thanks, however they aren't workshop items -so I can't see how to "unsubscribe"

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

there must be a way i am sure, but don't know how to exactly sorry. aren't they in your contents or something?

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

4. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

5. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Oh yeah, I have then installed. Bentley is v1.22 and v1.23 for example. I even deleted these from installed->vehicles folder, but old ones reinstalled again

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

In your steam library there will be at the top left it will say Store, then Library, then Community and then your name, click on your name and select inventory. There may be one or more tabs open up, select the rF2 tab and you will see all purchased content, click on one of the cars and you should see;
    InventoryrF2.JPG
    Click on the View workshop item button and you can unsubscribe from there....do the same for all the GT3 content you own and then fire up rF2..in theory it should unsubscribe the GT3's but in my case it automatically resubscribed me and downloaded the current content. If it doesn't do the auto subscribe for you close rF2 and go back into steam and subscribe to the content.
    Hope this helps

bwana and Brack Jabham like this.
  7. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Easiest way to find these items is to go to your name in Steam and click on Inventory, then rFactor 2 tab

Edit: you just beat me G-man

8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Pity I can't do it in a race :D

TheGame316 likes this.
  9. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Yep that worked! thanks. And thanks to @Eddy too. Took me a while as we lost power today (47C - so too many people running their airconditioners!)

10. bwana

bwana Registered

Stinker here , lost wall juice as well

Brack Jabham likes this.
  11. bwana

bwana Registered

Well stone the crow eaters , Mr Musk to the rescue !

John likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I had not seen this video that the difference with a graph 970: 2.0 vs 3.0 there is 10 fps difference

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

14. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

From what I understand of the video that's not the difference between 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 as there is absolutely no difference between them (1% at most). The difference is from different processors.

Not even the 1080Ti needs PCI-E 3.0 as it cannot take advantage of such spec.
    Using a 1080Ti in 2.0 will yield the same results as using it in 3.0.

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Conclusions

Our tests showed a clear result: on only one game (Dying Light) there was a significant performance gain by using PCI Express 3.0 instead of PCI Express 2.0. Even at it, the improvement was of only 7%. On the other hand, when we used the PCI Express 3.0 x4 slot, there was a loss of performance on most of the games.

Remember that we used a high-end video card, in a high-end system. Even we had not run tests on a more basic system, it is logical to think that, on a system with a lower video card performance, the impact of the bandwidth between the CPU and the GPU should be even smaller.

So, if you are looking for a video card, CPU or motherboard to buy, the presence or absence of the PCI Express 3.0 connection should not be a crucial factor do decide what to buy, at least on a single-GPU system.

........................................................................................................................................

nor with a powerful graphic card saturates the pcie 2.0,bone pure marketing... for a single graphic

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Amanda Santini likes this.
  16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Excuse me, performance gain by using PCI Express 3.0 instead of PCI Express 2.0 in rFactor 2 is about 35% as you have been explained many times. What is your purpose to make posts like this ?

Emery and Mulero like this.
  17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the review shows that a powerful graphic card does not saturate the pcie 2.0, so it does not matter if it is 35% better, if the graphic card does not saturate the pcie 2.0 the improvement is insignificant. do not confuse that the data is not true, it is true but not relevant

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/pci-express-3-0-vs-2-0-gaming-performance-gain/

Amanda Santini likes this.
  18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

There are also many SLI users among us who don`t have PCIe 3.0 x16 x16 and when PCIe 2.0 x16 x16 is used performance is equal to single card at PCIe 3.0 x16 in rFactor 2. 35% performance lost is not relevant o_O

19. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

There needs to be a clarification here, I believe.

No single GPU can take full advantage of the PCI-E 3.0 specification. None. Not even the 1080Ti.
    This is comparable to, say, a hose: the "hose 2.0" spec has an inner diameter of 2 inches, while the "hose 3.0" has an inner diameter of 2.7 inches. This diameter is equivalent to the bus available. Your water source (which is equivalent to the GPU) will not take advantage of the "3.0 hose spec" because it only has an output of 1.5 inches, it doesn't even max out the 2.0 spec hose.

So no matter the GPU, PCI-E 3.0 will not make a difference in gaming. If a difference is present, it's not because the 3.0 spec is faster, but because the programming isn't taking the full capacity out of the video card, which is still to this day not even maxing out PCI-e 2.0.

On my hose example, there would be no logical explanation in a slowdown scenario while using spec 2.0 - except for a poorly made hose with e.g. something blocking the inner tube.

This is a core problem with the games that don't perform equally between spec 2.0 and 3.0. It's not a problem with the spec 2.0 itself.
    The games need better work, not the user a better motherboard.

David Kolody likes this.
  20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

we talk about 1 single graphic card, not 2,which was the "gtx 1050 ti", if a "gtx 1080 ti" does not saturate a port pcie 2.0, a 1050 ti is a joke, you were very wrong;):):)