Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I did not say it for you, no doubt if you go to 1060 try to get to 6GB, not 3GB, if the need is monitor that is full HD

2. stonec

stonec Registered

How is my graph below overestimating low performance of PCI-E 2.0? It shows that I gain almost nothing by overclocking 1050 Ti, actually I would have been better off with 1050 non-Ti for rF2, because underclocked 1050 Ti performs almost same until -300 MHz, only -400 MHz starts to give a bigger dip in performance. If I bought a 1060 the only thing I could use it for is higher post FX or VR, I would still have to run with low shadows due to the PCI-E issue.

rF2 scaling.png

SPASKIS and juanchioooo like this.
  3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Happy new year alL

I’ve been tad out of touch does anyone know the most recent ETA for new UI etc ??

If there is one ?

4. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

So I'm understanding the game core is wasting resources since is paging memory in slow access memory instead use free RAM available? Not an expert here so it's my doubt.

ceecee likes this.
  5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I have more than 100fps with pcie 2.0, shadows: high, softened shadows: optimal, 16 cars, Gainward NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 Phoenix Golden, if I change hardware to put 3.0 are € 500, and my priorities are other, I do not care the data, I worry when my pc goes bad;):):):)

6. stonec

stonec Registered

It's another weird thing but I don't think it has a big impact. I think large page file usage stems from same issue as the large PCI-E usage. The game duplicates certain things from graphics RAM to system RAM and hence page file keeps growing. If you run with page file off rF2 basically crashes unless you have at least 16 GB RAM installed. But usually when page file is accessed frequently hard drive activity is huge and you start noticing stutters. I haven't seen this with rF2, the more important thing seems to be to make sure you don't run out of GPU RAM.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  7. Mulero

Mulero Registered

If there was not this problem with pcie 2.0 you would be getting 30FPS more with exactly the same configuration. Not only that, if you changed your GPU for a more powerful one you would not get any improvement.

If you want to improve the performance in rF2 you are forced to change the whole platform, if using pci-e was similar to the rest of the games, just by changing the GPU and you would notice a great improvement.

juanchioooo likes this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

of course but money is money......€ $

9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Just gave a go with Formula Renault at Silverstone yesterday, raining, and i swear rain physics are better, now driving on rain is so much more realistic! Is this just me? Anyone experienced this? Before all this racing in rain was a PITA, looked like ice after first lap! (Yes, because on first lap grip was ok, after that it turned into ice)

juanchioooo likes this.
  10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

When dx11 hit iracing,we could select the game to use more system and vram,could this be the reason why dx11 seems butter smooth in rf2 even with low frame rates,because the Hdd/page file isn’t being accessed as much at particular system

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes seeing as the physics havn't been touched yet :) Perhaps a Placebo as you're enjoying it more maybe you're sensing differences you missed before the update.

juanchioooo likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Formula Renault is good ...I will try it again

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

No mate, i'm serious, i just fired it up to check my FPS and guess what? Ended driving on it during 1 hour! LOOL, i was amazed, all looked so good, no grip changes, just full driving and enjoyment, i knew exactly what to do, predicting all movements with the wheel, never had this experience before!

MarcG likes this.
  14. RoWo

RoWo Member

@Christopher Elliott Can we expect a rain update for Estoril this week until friday afternoon? Would be really nice!!! :)

15. MikeS

MikeS Registered

So if I choose to get a HD monitor (curved screen), only a 1060 or better is worth looking at, I won't be able to get away with it with my current 750?

juanchioooo likes this.
  16. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Just ordered an Asus 27 1ms hehe :D

patchedupdemon and juanchioooo like this.
  17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Yes, especially if it's 144 hertz

MikeS likes this.
  18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Yeaaaa is very nice ;):):):D

Rastas likes this.
  19. multivac

multivac Registered

I use the Oculus with an Intel I7 8700k, Nvidia 1080 and 16GB 3200 CL14.
    With rain if I want to have 90 stable frames I have to put the AA to Level 1. More is impossible.
    :confused:

MarcG and Mibrandt like this.
  20. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Have you tested in a regular monitor?