Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. RNelson

RNelson Registered

If it is a slow news day there is always something to ridicule or criticize. If it isn't the features of the product it is the sales of the product. It goes in cycles, after an update the conversation eventually turns to what isn't living up to their standards (and they know better than everyone) and after that runs its course the attention turns to sales/user base. Some people look at the reasons to race and use the software, others look at the opposite. One isn't more right than the other, but at the end of the day I have to ask the question "Why did you buy the title in the first place?". Happy 2018 everyone - may your time on the track be at least as enjoyable as your time on the forums - regardless of your orientation.....

2. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

I like rFactor2 and that's it!

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok to quote myself I lowered Rain to LOW but the stutters/performance was still bad, turned them OFF and no change, in fact changing back to MEDIUM and the slow FPS was almost the same as the other 2 settings. Thinking it might be the AI automatically turning their Headlights on in the Rain I jumped into some open wheelers but alas the same low FPS, as before to be expected as my system is not the best for VR.

In order to get the Rain working to a decent level it appears I will have to lower settings and as a last resort lower PPD, but that really is a last resort. I may just await further optimisations though as I'm happy with my "Dry Running" VR Settings and I don't want to be changing settings to suit different conditions every race, plus that new Lighting system is terrific as it really has made a world of difference for me.

4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I thought our job as consumers of a racing game was to simply sit on a rig and enjoy the game, not looking at sales charts, player trends, demographics....phew that almost sounds like a second job. I'll let Luminis Board of Directors worry about sales while i actually enjoy playing the game....some people in here should do the same

fbiehne, RNelson, Slamfunk3 and 21 others like this.
  5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

You forgot to add the hours of benchmarking, spreadsheets of the results, hours of physics testing, spreadsheets of the results... I think I’ll go play F1 2017 just to have a bit of fun ;)

fsuarez79, Lgel and Scoopscat7 like this.
  6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

"I thought our job as consumers of a racing game was to simply sit on a rig and enjoy the game".

In my case I thought the job of a software publisher of which I bought the product full price (not discounted), spent an insane amount of hours participating in the debugging of a GT and F1 mod, supporting helpless users due to the quasi total absence of documentation, testing, reporting bugs absolutely in vain, and afterwards buying an expensive half baked DLC, was not to ruin my enjoyment.

As you, I was wrong, as shows the way the DLC, and rain adapted cars are packaged (without a separate Team.mas, with all files mixed).

Both of us learn every day, that's great.

Cheers.

FS7 and Guimengo like this.
  7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Yes, the game has bugs. Let's keep reporting them and hope they get fixed. But that still has nothing to do with sales spreadsheets and those steamspy charts that i see popping out every now and then.

jayarrbee36 and juanchioooo like this.
  8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Al this lack of quality control, long standing bugs, lack of user respect (wanted or not), end reflected in those charts that you so dislike, that reflect the fact that many people come back just to try a new version, see that problems remain, and don't play any more the game, nor join on line servers, and won't buy any other DLC after being burnt once.

Cheers.

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

@fsuarez79 totally agree with your comment, that same said I, I will enjoy rfactor 2

fsuarez79 likes this.
  10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@Lgel I get that, but again, I'll let Luminis worry about the lack of new players and all that. All I know is I'm enjoying the DLC and will continue buying it.
    Anyways, have a good new year and let's hope for less bugs in 2018 :)

11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the one who is not happy there has the door, you have to help by reporting the failures and let them solve things according to priorities

fsuarez79 likes this.
  12. stonec

stonec Registered

F1 2017 is at least as buggy as rF2, the few esports races I watched from it were full of issues. And the graphics engine has big issues with microstuttering on higher FPS, it's borderline unplayable for a serious sim racer with the kind of input/animation lag and stutter. rF2 has its issues, but they are not as severe IMO.

I remain hopeful that the poor graphics performance can be improved with development now focused on DX11 only, that should allow fixing things like high PCI-E and system+virtual RAM usage, those are all DX9 inherited issues.

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Several political movements of dark memory have used similar ideas and expressions.

Happy New Year, and peace on earth to people of good will.

Cheers.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

1080Ti

Core -500 MHz, Memory-500 MHz
    1080Ti core -500 ram - 500.jpg
    Default Core and Memory
    1080Ti core 100 ram 500.jpg
    Core + 100 MHz, Memory +500 MHz
    1080Ti Default clocks.jpg

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

How funny are you, talk about goodwill !!! .... and above dark expressions .., hint that only indicates one thing, that your will of good has nothing

every time you talk something, it's always for the same thing ... to put all your dark expressions on everything about rfactor 2 ....... if bad is rfactor 2, I do not know what you're doing here,

16. stonec

stonec Registered

Thanks. Core +100 and mem +500 should give you at least 100/1963 or 5% increase in FPS. You get 4 FPS increase from 128 FPS which is 3%. So to me this suggests that there is already a small PCI-E 3.0 bottleneck in rF2 with current GPU generation. So in theory, if you buy a new GPU that is 50% more powerful than 1080 Ti, rF2 will only gain 30% FPS.

17. liakjim

liakjim Registered

Why are you still talking about pci express?
    The game draw graphics , so it needs to talk to the GPU.
    It's totally normal.
    There is absolutely wrong with the game.

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Game is PCIe limited if you don`t agree show me some data that it is not the case.

19. stonec

stonec Registered

It sounds like you didn't get my point at all, but anyway let's hope new year brings new PCI-E solutions :).

20. filippu

filippu Registered

Speaking of quality control. From what I've been told, beta testers were reporting bugs, those reports were ignored, the cars released / sold, and guess what ? It was bugged as predicted.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.