Latest nVidia drivers 334.89 say a 19% improvement in games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dsuspense, Feb 27, 2014.

1. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

Latest nVidia drivers 334.89 say a 19% improvement in F1 2013, an other games.
    Anyone notice any improvements for rF2?

2. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

It actually says that it increases 19% in several games and the games they list are

• Up to 19% in F1 2013
    • Up to 18% in Sleeping Dogs
    • Up to 16% in Hitman Absolution
    • Up to 15% in Company of Heroes 2
    • Up to 10% in Assassin’s Creed 3
    • Up to 7% in BioShock Infinite
    • Up to 6% in Sniper Elite V2
    • Up to 5% in Total War: Rome 2

I did not see an improvement in rF2 with the new drivers however after installing build 494 I did see a big improvement. Now I do run a GTX780 but even so I got over 30FPS more with Build 494 than what I had with the previous build.

3. Coanda

Coanda Registered

No increase using the latest drivers and build for me on a 780ti..

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I dont get you guys, 780, 780Ti, those cards have stable 60 FPS in whatever resolution with whatever amout of whichever cars around you, and you still want an improvement..

5. osella

osella Registered

Newer drivers rarely increase performance of all games in my experience. Instead they focus on a couple games that make more profit. Wouldn't expect any rf2 optimization.

6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

@MikeeCZ - I'm not bitching. Just giving feedback as many users reporting increases on the latest build with similar hardware. I actually have some minor stuttering with the latest build. Of course Id love to get a 1:1 ratio on my 120hz screen however its not the end of the world. I feel for users that run triples. Something I plan for in the near future and yes some extra performance would be handy when I do.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  7. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I wouldn't dream of running as low as 60fps, I think you can feel the difference through the wheel (ie better control especially in hairy situations which means you save much more) all the way up to 180 fps (and probably more depending on your control hardware refresh rate) I like a bare minimum of 120, and that is across triples so any performance improvement is super welcome. It means I can increase other settings or benefit from better control.

8. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

I don't want an improvement, never said I did. I was just saying what it gave me. I am more than happy with the performance my card outputs, but there was an increase in FPS with the latest rF2 build so I let him know that. Now that may not be the same with every card.

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

cool

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Without knowing for sure (some people probably have the knowhow to actually check this sort of stuff) I think the physics output constantly runs at 100Hz at a minimum anyway, so 60-100 wouldn't make any difference. It may be some aspects actually run faster than that as well, though that's pure speculation on my part. (The 'skip updates' FFB workaround for wheels that can't handle 400Hz updates, for example; I don't think that only affected people hitting 200+fps, so if the FFB was limited by framerate it wouldn't appear to make much sense)

Telemetry at least gets updated at 100Hz at all times, so I very much doubt anything goes below that regardless of fps.

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This new driver pretty good for me , rock solid ( not sure about any fps increase but decent fluidity unlike certain others )

12. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

These are all outputs (including ffb) so yes they would have a constant frequency. I have no idea how to check whether your inputs are synched to something either, all I can tell you is higher frame rates = lower lap times and more than that, a better feeling of control that lets you catch the car when it gets out of control. So I agree outputs aren't affected, but I'm pretty sure inputs are. In the past when I have had low fps in the UI menu I can see it affecting the movement of my mouse, so I would say input are affected or synched to framerate somehow.

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I tried this driver and should have let it go after seeing it gave performance at the 780.......they are just going for this type now....... Mine is a 480 and - guess what?- my performance dropped.
    "If it ain't broken, don't try to FIX IT!" But I did.......of course........

Trying to roll back to the former driver now, but there's a lot of nvidia stuff to be found and I don't want to mess up other things/drivers (as I did in the past when I tried the same thing)

So, just a note; this might not be the thing you want for older cards even though it says it's for that one too.

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Yes I try & achieve high fps in racing sims , I like to lock at 121fps

Think this is why rf2 bugs me at times as it's constantly flicking between 50 to 110fps

Future hardware ( hopefully not to distant future ) will remedy this

15. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

With my old 550 Ti I used to see no difference with new drivers*although the 500 series were included.
    With my new 760 I do see the difference the last two times I updated..
    * I didn´t try the build 382 with the latest drivers, but the 494 and the latest drivers for me are another step forward, now I can limit my fps 10 frames more, with a little more eyecandy. :)

16. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

No increase for me. Latest rFactor 2 build and latest drivers work almost at the same framerate as before, if not a little slower.
    Running at maximum settings possible with 4xAA and 16xAF, framerate varies between 100 and 120 (locked) fps when running alone on track.

17. otta56

otta56 Registered

No FPS Increase With Nvidia Driver 334.89 Build 494 SLI + Multiview

There was a slight decrease in FPS @ Silverstone and Lime Rock. FPS between 43-49 @ Silverstone and Lime Rock with multiview and 10 AI.
    View attachment 11825

This is about the same as Build 382 with Nvidia driver 332.21.

However HDR does not work correctly with the new driver at least in a multi-gpu (3xTITAN SLI) configuration with multiview. Image is reverse color in black and white. FPS are also very low with HDR turned on (13 FPS @ Silverstone & Lime Rock). That is the same as Build 382 & Nvidia 332.21.
    View attachment 11824

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

13 fps with three Titans? :eek:

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Im thinking about going for a dual 780ti setup and have triple monitors and can barely handle playing with multiview off, ISI really need to fix this.

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

HDR works for me with build 494 & Nvdia 334.89 780GTX SLI and multiview.
    http://imgur.com/1Qa9tge