Released Latest Content Updates - Includes BOP GTE

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

Any chance we could get just the LM24HV skins in the opponent filter as individual cars? There's the LeMans24HV filter that has all the cars from the race, but I'd love to be able to, for example, simply get all the LM24HV Orecas as opponents without the 7 or so drivers that were already in the game, as there's some number overlap there, and they seem out of place with the rest. Likewise I'd love to have only one #95 Aston on the field at the same time.

killerwatt and Joel Fernandes like this.
  2. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Aaaaaaaand the Aston seems to be quick now.
    I remember when I first drove the Aston GT3 I was impressed by how the laptimes would come so effortlessly.
    Well ,the GTE seems to be like that now, the laps actually feel more messy than the bimmer because it's not as sweet handling on entry and mid corner (the exits on throttle are epic though) and then you look at the clock...

3. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Hello my friend,
    Sorry for posting it in here but I dont know where to do it.
    I am still with the known issue where the summer sale discount is not applying on Steam Store.
    And the correct thread is closed (at least I cant repply in there) so what? I can live with no buying the 4 packs I wanted but its little weird whats is going on dont you think?
    My regards!

Lethal likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

somebody replied to the other thread you had to buy the core game or something as part of the 30$$ to get they 5$ savings. I didn't look at it closely tho.

5. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Spinning when tires are cold is not that surprising, it is even absolutely normal.

Problem is tire pressure have to be the lowest to have the best grip, which is nonsense and breaks realism imho.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

It is not nonsense, pressure is a relative dimension, and the "minimum pressure" is just that, the minimum allowed value, that is not a deflated tire. I may agree that the problem is the lack of side effects for such low pressure, as tire damages are not implemented but di per se, make perfect sense.

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

An example_
    A Porsche Cup with 110 Kpa cold and 5 degrees camber will kill the tyres after a short run in reality. No tolerance chart by Michelin or any manufacturer is recommending, nor really allowing such low values at the allignments, that are working to be fast in this car in rF2 in reality. Sry, but this is indeed totally unrealistic and nonsensical, because no team would run such low pressures, especially with such a car.

8. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Are you sure the price you see is not the discounted one? AFAIK For in game purchases it’s not shown I.e. 50% off , but the price is already discounted. But the $5 off doesn’t apply for them .

9. dylbie

dylbie Registered

10. CrimsonEminence

Because it depends on camber and other factors, for example.

Here charts for Michelin tyre pressures (the rF2 should run on Michelins), provided by another user, on the Porsche Thread, regarding pressure on the cup (Min. cold pressure 120 Kpa, not 110, like in rF2. Hot pressures perform well at 155 Kpa on the rF2 cup, still not enough for desired values by the manufacturer):
    SmartSelect_20191101-002000_Drive.jpg SmartSelect_20191101-001851_Drive.jpg

dylbie likes this.
  11. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I guess it's the words 'recommended' which is why you can select a lower value than the manufacturer recommends.

However, until tyre damage as a result of under-inflation is simulated, I think the minimum recommended should be the minimum amount in the setup options to prevent people exploiting this. In real life I guess you could run at stupidly low pressures, but the sidewalls would probably fail after a couple of laps, and this definitely isn't simulated in rF2 yet.

Bearing in mind rF2 has the most advanced tyre simulation with flatspots and visual damage, it would be good if it also simulated punctures, delamination, and tyres becoming unseated from the rim. Then the ability to run low pressures could be enabled at the expense of the life of the tyre.

EDIT: I'll also quote from the 2017 doc: "Pressure below the minimum value will cause excessive deflection of the sidewall, risk of air loss between the bead and rim, and risk of bead unseating." So IMO unless this is simulated the minimum pressure should be set at the minimum recommended level.

12. CrimsonEminence

I would even say, the sidewalls and tyre inflation give up, the first time you hit a high kerb, tbh.. I'm not an expert at all, but at these low pressures, the tyre will peace out in the first lap, i would assume. :D
    Yeah. Better tyre featurette and AI improvements in multiclass and draft would be my #1 wish for rF2 improvements, i have to say...

dylbie likes this.
  13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I know from Deutsche Touring Masters, that the teams used minimum tyres pressures below 1 bar ,so that they introduced a minimum tyre pressure.

14. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

In FE you hear it a lot that they get DSQ because of too low tire pressures. They also pushing that as low as possible (by doing a very quick in-lap so the tires are at higher pressure when measured).

15. CrimsonEminence

On a Silhoutte car, prototype or formula car, you definetly target the most deflated cold pressures, you can get away with.
    Just think of Schumacher, sometimes his car looked, as if he was running with punctures :D

But this is not desired for every car class, but rF2 allows it for every type of car. That's the "issue".^^

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

the minimum tyre pressure for GT is set to 1,4bar whats realisticly i think.

17. CrimsonEminence

That's relatively low...in rF2 it will perform the best. IRL...not so much.

18. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

First of all tnx for all the updates, GTEs are driving much better now, but there is one thing that is recurring from update to update. When we have car description that is the same for 2 cars, for example 2018 and 2019 Audi GT3 #1, there is no way to select both of them for AI, they are both presented in Add AI, however, when you add both of them, you get twice 2018 livery (that is just one example). Similar problem is when you have for example #1 and #17 in description (I think Bentley is a good example for that), adding #1 as AI results in adding #17 livery, while for example Mercedes GT3 has two liveries with same number but added letter after one (not sure which number is that currently, but let say its #01 and #01a), this also prevents from getting both of the liveries for AI.
    And another thing is some liveries have wrong number in description compared to number on the livery itself (I think Corvette GT3 is good example for that).

So can you please fix this descriptions to give ability to get selected livery. Tnx.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  19. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

Mind blown. You have to look at the real tyre chart to set the camber? Sorry, I have to go to the bathroom.

20. CrimsonEminence

I wish you success, live long and prosper. ;)

3034c30f4e9a3eb6f9b1aff18aa9751d.jpeg
    :D

It's about the fact, that rF2 doesn't damage your tyre with too low pressures at high camber. ;)

I don't use charts, to apply camber settings.^^

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020