Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1117 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 14, 2019.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

S397 does not own OC, it is an unofficial hack. I will try updating OC if needed, although I do not have oculus HMD anymore, which might complicate things.

2. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

New UI, as of February 7th, 2020
    Looks better, unfortunately not perfect, not yet.
    Which strikes me immediately.
    Multiplayer and singleplayer both in goal and bright red differ too little. Multiplayer needs a different color but none in red. It confuses both parts in red.
    If you click on single player in the top right of this menu, this is not clearly stored. That should be outlined in color or better indicated that it was clicked.
    Even when you come back from opponent filter, you don't immediately see whether it is clicked or not.

Opponent filter
    The vertical shift bars are very small, because the mouse cursor often slips out, which is annoying.
    Classes that have already been selected should not remain black, but should be shown with a red background, so that it can be found more quickly in the list.

That's it for now, keep it up. That will be something.

3. Irvine

Irvine Registered

Thank you 397!
    I cannot find to change the HUD. Or is this not available yet?

4. TJones

TJones Registered

It's not available yet! :)

That's quite a long list of improvements for one month. Well done guys!

5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

It will make it in eventually, it's not high priority atm.

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Default View selection just scrolls numbers instead of Cockpit, Bonnet etc.
    Local packages (non workshop) cannot uninstall / delete.
    Setup notes note viewable after saving.
    Saved and assigned setups are shown as default (not their saved name) after viewing more setup pages (engine, suspension etc)
    Esc didn't work on track. Keyboard profile.
    Crashed to desktop loading track. Audi GT3 at Sebring.

Better luck next time.

7. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Screenshot please
    Packages can only be located in the default package folder for now. ....rFactor2\Packages
    WIP - did not announce that
    Which session? Race, Practice, Qual?
    Send us a trace file if you have one.

memoNo1 likes this.
  8. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

9. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

First of all thanks for the new UI updates and good to hear that there will be regular updates in the future.

I was wondering if the ability to create your own championships within the UI with a leader board and accumulated points etc is on the list of things to do?

Keep up the good work, it is appreciated :)

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Auto-subscribe and Workshop items still crash the game on fresh install, first startup. As with last public beta, I did a fresh install on a fresh OS. It still crashes on first startup. I have to switch to non-beta to install all the workshop items, then I can switch back to beta.

11. Binny

Binny Guest

What a very nice update nicely detailed & transparent lets hope ppl will be impressed as i certainly am.

12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

CanĀ“t use it anymore. Have to use SteamVR and thats a big mess because i have to kill a lot of steam processes after closing the game to stop SteamVR

13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

default view.png

Packages were able to be uninstalled this time.

Esc worked this time in practice.

I noticed something else. Selecting car shows previously selected car's Configuration until select is clicked. Plus HP is same for different cars.
    audim2.PNG

Emery likes this.
  14. Decked

Decked Registered

Updates are looking great. Biggest frustration for me is hosting / playing with friends. I can't find a good step by step guide with all the tweaks required. Would be amazing if this could be simplified somehow,

pkelly and Leonardo Nogueira like this.
  15. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Yes, agree! There is any easiest way to host a server without that port thing and all? Here, for example, all needed ports to open a rF2 server is locked, so, I can't open a server.

16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

If you want to host a server the required ports have to be opened. This isn't just an rF2 thing! I can't give a definitive answer on how to port forward as it depends on your Modem brand and even model no. Go to the modem manufacturers website and d/l the manual. Find the section on port forwarding and follow the steps. It is not at all hard.

17. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

Hi guys,

after updating today I was trying to start the game, but I received this message and rF2 did crash. What happened? Is it caused by the update?
    I tried it a several times in public beta, no betas and v1117. Same issue...

08-02-_2020_00-32-21.jpg

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

To second what @nonamenow said, hosting a server means you need to accept connections from outside your local network. This means opening ports. rF2 has configurable ports and I think functions fine for everyone else no matter what you set them to, so if you have a specific range you can't use just make it use others via multiplayer.JSON.

Keep in mind that when moving away from the standard steam-compatible ports you might need to use the +connect command with your own client to join your server.

@Frank Murphy have you got your windows virtual memory (swap file) manually configured, or set to "automatically manage"? Try the second option if you haven't already.

@TheGame316 (below) - while I'm sure most users don't venture into devmode so there'll be plenty of UI feedback regardless, I'm with you - I'm not going to even try the new UI if there's no access to devmode, as my spare time is taken up with modding right now. To be fair that also means any new UI use would have been limited to some intermittent mod testing rather than hours of playing with the UI itself. Anyway, annoying as it is if you do want to do both, at least they both still work so modding isn't stopped.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  19. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Eventually... pretty disappointing that the modders that fill in gaps in content are not higher priority.

Martin Vindis and Juergen-BY like this.
  20. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

They use the default UI to use Mod Dev. It's not as if they can't use Dev Mod at all.
    Getting the UI working properly has to be done first.