Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1112 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2018.

1. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

oh wait they said vr mirrors were fixed...let me see

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Indeed, bee happy whit your mirrors mister 0,96 %.
    UnStats VR.jpg

3. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

nope still doesn't work.....and what a shock....my logitech still doesn't adjust to the car I choose....AKA car is 520 degrees steering....when I get onto the track the wheel is till at 900....turns like a semi....

exit game...go to controller settings....get dial to 520...exit.....reopen all the other crap you just had open...go into rfactor settings again....make sure it looks ok.

now it works......exit game after seeing VR mirrors still do not work as real mirrors do....look at all the EXTRA DLC I have to buy to be up to date with the times..

uninstall rfactor2 for good...keep on racing assetto corsa with crazy mods and the best track in the world....LA CANYONS - LOL better than the laser scanned 4th version that rCrapper is coming out with nordshife...seriously.

4. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

The time I spend racing in VR ever since I got a set a couple years ago - 100%

The time I spent trying to use the big screen monitor as a screen for racing .00000000001%......might as well put a damn camera in your own car and just drive it like that lol...

seriously get with the times.....VR is how you do it...stop bieng a damn baby.

5. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

Me touring the LA Canyons Track

6. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

VR is the way to go....the mirrors don't work in assetto crappo either.

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

8. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

When you can not manage to make your own hardware to work are you waiting that somebody from S397 is to your home and fix it for you?
    Just to info I own VR too but I don`t use it simply becourse It is poorly developed and it will take many years still before it is usable to any sim.

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I thought maybe the others were talking a little fast saying you're a troll ....

But they were right.

Go play somewhere else.

11. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1112 Now Available!

Steam Build IDs
    client: 3772332
    dedi: 3772334

- Added additional support for custom liveries not showing.

Travis, mr.Sw1tchblade, Corti and 3 others like this.
  12. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Forgot to take the meds this morning?

13. I reinstalled RF2 a while back and had the same issue as Nick. Then I remembered I had to browse the forums to find a helpful tip from the community (that wasn't you btw) on how to get the Logitech G920/29 to work properly.

I then wondered how a new user who just bought the game should have known that?
    Next I thought to myself: WHY should a new user have to know these things just to have a most commonly used wheel to work?

There is really no reason to cut S397 any slack in this issue, they are selling a product that the customer paid for and for this reason alone it should be working in a consumer friendly way. RF2 is in no way consumer friendly and hasn't ever been as far I know, instead relying on die-hard fans.

It took them year and a half to even recognise they even had an issue with Logitech wheels, this is how S397 handles most user issues.
    Leave it be and hope it goes away, and does. It works. The issue goes away by the simple fact that the ones having the issues not seldom leaves the game for something that works, This is really poor public relations management on S397's behalf and one reason to why I don't see RF2 ever to be anything than a niche contender in an already niched segment of gaming.

mr.Sw1tchblade and VirusGR42 like this.
  14. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

I think they have begun a new campaign to address bug fixing in the past couple of weeks. If you look back 2 weeks in this thread, you'll see a number of bug fixes.
    Of course, they wont make everybody happy all of the time, but I think it's a move in the right direction and I applaud them for it.

Davvid likes this.
  15. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

Thanks Lars for taking my late night rants and having them make sense :)

I've spent days over the last years troubleshooting these kind of things with rfactor2..

I'm not the type that just sits back and goes well maybe one year it will be fixed...as well as the other things I have as well...

Lars hit the head on the nail.......people don't want to spend time figuring out how to make a game work....we just want something that well works.....100%

Good luck and I do hope these issues get resolved...

16. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

When a bug fix comes out that is noticeable to me I'll let you know...

17. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Real mirrors ftw

Sorry for offtopic.

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Why does most common used wheel work to @Rastas and other guys but not to everybody ? Could it bee that PC is not like PlayStation which has same hardware and where users can not mess OS and drivers etc ? Or perhaps it is Logitech who should make bug fix or give needed info to S397 how to solve this problem ?

PS. PC gaming is not just to click and play and as Frex SimWheel user I am able to make my wheel to work 100% in every sim I play.
    :rolleyes:

hitm4k3r likes this.
  19. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

lol well next time buy a vive - not sure if you saw those videos but VR is amazing - AMAZING - as in a non-vr player for years will not for a million bucks race without it...

poorly developed lol.......so when I put on the vive and I'm in the car as I would be in real life...turning my head etc.....room scale....1080gtx......the only negative I have to say about VR is that there aren't more cool games for it...otherwise perfect in every sense.

20. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

interesting...maybe not so crappo after all.