Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

MAke sure “aggressive threading” off in the launch UI graphics

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Its such weird issue , it is exactly the issue I've been having for months now , massive pauses with the sound paused but time still runs . I don't play in 2D anymore only VR but its the same thing here in VR .

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

For me yes any track car combo ! Official or mod !

4. Schumi

Schumi Registered

This happens with any content. I also tried the GT3 at Silverstone, Formula E at Paul Ricard and more more more. No difference.

My last settings
    1.PNG 20180521171146_1.jpg

I tried to reduce the level of graphics - it did not help. This still makes no sense, since the system was still not 100% loaded

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    2ndLastJedi likes this.
  5. Schumi

Schumi Registered

I again reinstalled rF2 on HDD. But I did not touch content and my profile. All works fine without freezes!!! WTF? Its magic? :mad::eek:o_O

pkelly likes this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Ok, interesting to know. You guys are playing in VR as I understood it, so that might be an issue tied to VR only. Have been playing intensively the last two days and no issues what so ever with 2D. With DX9 there were freezes in the past that I know of but I only had that once while other players were plagued with it. Might be worth to check the cpu load with a better program than the ingame info to check if it is spiking somewhere or running out of real time (MSI afterbruner). With the GT3 cars for example, I am still running out of real time when the cars are very close together, as at the start of the race for example. But it isn't as bad as it was before. Can you maybe check some of the lighter content? Maybe Renault Clio on Mores or something like that? GT3 on Silverstone is a pretty performance heavy combination to check if it is completely freezing aswell?

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

For me i will happen with Clio on Mores (or any car / track combo single car) even just a single car no Ai , that shouldn't be overloading a 7700k @ 4.8 or 1080Ti !

The ONLY thing that pretty much completely fixes it is Alt Tab then i can get a solid 90 fps with avg 90 , min 89.9 and max 91 but if i then Alt Tab (just to see) it will be stuttering and dipping to Avg 45 , Min 1 and max 91 even though it should stop at 45 it will dip to 1 or even 0 and can stay at 0 for up to 23 seconds i think i counted .

Nothing but nothing except Alt Tab will fix it for me :(

It sound easy enough just to reach over and Alt Tab but in VR and after every mouse click but it gets old really fast because you just want to get in and drive with the odd garage stop to do setups and off again , but now i need to find my keyboard and the find Alt Tab in a dark room (i've resorted to putting glow in the dark stickers on Alt Tab so i can find them in the dark) .

I'm so close to giving up on rF2 because of this issue ! :(

@Schumi could you please tell me the steps you did to reinstall rF2 but keep your content and my profile please ?

8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Latest Update! 21-05-2018

Steam Build ID 2788780

Changelog

- Fixes for viewer using placeholder textures and not printing warning dialog
    - Fixed crash with viewer and wireframe modes
    - Fix for output log being too verbose
    - Some minor fixes / internal improvements
    - Fixed an error in MAS2.exe when packing tracks with large MAS files.

Travis, jayarrbee36, trindade and 8 others like this.
  9. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

No news from Microsoft ?

10. Badboy

Badboy Registered

Before reinstalling rf2 try to delete or rename player and multiplayer json and test (make a backup of your steering wheel configuration)

11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

The latest windows 10 build implemented something to do with how windows are focused,could windows be losing focus of rf2 and alt tabing brings it back.
    I’m having stutters with every type of content since windows new build,and 1000s more have been complaining about it in the Nvidia forums,since the fall update.

Some say it’s on Microsoft and other say it’s on Nvidia but who knows,all I know is it’s not game specific

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I'm honestly not very enthusiastic to tweak rf2 anymore atm ! Maybe after a break for a week or so i'll have another crack . I have honestly put in about 20 hours trying to get this sorted !
    This was ongoing since i first tried rF2 with my Rift for the very first time in December but i never really tried to fix it until the performance update where i went hard doing absolutely everything i and many other suggested with some glimpses of how brilliant rF2 can be in VR but just have been getting super frustrated with this and pretty much only this issue !
    I really wish i could fix this because even though i have hundreds of games and heaps of VR games (Sims included) the ONLY one i want to play is rF2 !!!!!!!
    I'm actually going to fire up my PS4 now and try out Detroit Almost Human (this will be the first time i've fired it up since getting my PC in September 2016 ! SAD times !
    Good bye cruel PC world :(

13. Schumi

Schumi Registered

I made 2 scenarios.
    - removal rF2 via Steam (this does not delete your profile and 3PA content) and install rF2 in new Steam folder (new profile and content)
    all work fine
    - removal rF2 via Steam and install rF2 in old Steam folder (old profile and content)
    all work fine
    Magic....

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  14. biancazzurro

biancazzurro Registered

- Fixed an error in MAS2.exe when packing tracks with large MAS files.
    is it possible to create a series using endurance URD pack now without errors?

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Interesting. I am getting freezes during gameplay now. Filed the bug report in the appropriate section. Using stock content, historics at Monte Carlo '66. No image of the freezing or info but I had previously pressed Ctrl+F and my min FPS was over 100, and the load bar was the healthy green.

Ps: not on Windows 10

I am getting very bad historic AI at Monaco, worse than it's ever been. Have fresh .json files too.
    20180521213653_1.jpg 20180521213740_1.jpg 20180521213756_1.jpg

It is literally impossible to race the AI. Impossible. Only hotlapping is not fun.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2018
    Emery, F1Aussie and Schumi like this.
  16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I realise I’ve been getting them but only mainly minor ,

Turned off aggressive threading option but still getting a bit
    Odd one very noticeable at about a second, thinking about it -it must be same thing nothing like that vid though

Before & after windows update
    Could be only after last main build

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

did you find a fix ?I have similar problem

18. Schumi

Schumi Registered

No, I do not understand what's going on.
    - Yesterday I reinstalled rF2 and I no longer had a problem.
    - This afternoon, this problem again haunted me. I did nothing and left everything as is
    - Tonight I spent about 2 hours driving on Le Mans - no problem.

The problem appears suddenly and just as suddenly goes away. System is not 100% loaded. There are no suspicious processes. I do not know where the roots of this problem :(

Guimengo likes this.
  19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

frustrating, I think I've avoided it by turning down my VR pixel supersample, fps was fine though & freeze or crash happened for no apparent reason ( I'm pretty sure my temps are fine I'll investigate further ) wonder if its some kind of software memory leak

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well sorry, but im so happy ( in a sad way) that others are having the same sort of issue ive been having for months now so someone might find THE solution !

Adrianstealth likes this.