Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1110 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 20, 2018.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I used to think utilising more cores was easy and the way to go,but with sims it’s a very hard thing to do,the mores you split between cores the higher the chance that one thread can fall behind,it’s not the devs fault,there’s no real language for parrelel running while keeping high hz threads in sync.not yet anyway

,multicore/thread usage is only as fast as slowest thread/core going more than two as of now isn’t really beneficial for low latency applications

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. lagg

lagg Registered

I don't understand why some people insist on using rF2, taking in accout the bad graphics, performance, expensive DLC, and similar phisics than other "sims".

Ironic mode: OFF

Ami_M3, kimbo, jayarrbee36 and 2 others like this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

Congrat S397 for this great build. It was necessary for many people. :)

pkelly and patchedupdemon like this.
  4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

I v heard somewhere on youtube video that farcry 5 uses less physics than farcry 2
    the reason is to make it more fps friendly with older computers.
    the more the physics the heavier the game.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I also prefer rFactor2, simply because of the driving feel, but to say the other titles, are not simulations is nonsense.
    Assetto Corsa adequately simulates hybrid technology, as well as the function of the clutch and various differentials, something that will probably be missing in rFActor2 for a long time to come. Project Cars 2's Live Track System is clearly ahead of rFactor2 because it simulates different temperatures depending on the position of the sun and traffic, while rFactor2 always calculates the track temperature at 29 degrees Celsius, regardless of weather conditions. In addition, dynamic dirt on the track is simulated in Cars 2, as is aquaplaning. You can also influence the pressure and temperature of the tyres with the brake, i.e. preheat the tyres during the warm-up lap by using the brake and determine the pressure behaviour during the race through the ventilation opening. You can also damage the radiator by collisions, which can cause the engine to overheat. These are all aspects that rFactor2 lacks and that actually belong in a simulation that claims to be the best.

Atsuki, Emery, Filip and 2 others like this.
  6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you please make a bug report (press 'contact support' in the Launcher) include your exact specs and steps to reproduce, including which content you used to test. Thanks

Pedro Delgado2 likes this.
  7. patchedupdemon

It may have all those features but to what extent and depth they are modelled is what is key,all those title you mention are for mass market consumption by dev teams that have more money and dev power behind them.
    I hate iracing as a business model but they really do model physics to a depth on par with rf2,the rest just don’t.
    And you can tell just by driving them that fidelity just isn’t there
    It’s easier to many simple things than a few really really hard and in-depth.

By the way,you warm up the tyres using the brake in rf2,I do it every outlap.

And to have as many cars as they do.you can guarantee there’s a heap of copy and paste going on with regards to physics between cars

vittorio likes this.
  8. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

We see lots of people here very happy now they are getting this buttery / silky smooth gameplay. I'm happy for them, and there's lots of them. But I seemed to have got the short straw this time and it's the reverse for me. Boots on the other foot - I had that and very much appreciated it, and now I have lost it and I cannot get it back. I'm getting microstutter and all round general degredation of performance. I am not getting this massive stutter, or low gpu usage others talk of. I am getting 99% gpu usage.

I come to 1110 not from 1109 but from 1109-dx9. On dx9 everything was just fantastic! Like butter! Or silk! No problem with 20 visible cars, no probs at race starts, just no problems on track ever! It was fantastic it ran like a dream. The main thing I want to get back is the fluidity the corners come at you with. On this very system on the day 1110 was released, I planned to purchase a 144hz single screen and I felt that if I dropped my AA from 6 to 3 I would in fact get 144fps 50% of the time, and of the remainder I should be looking 110-120 most of the time. Take Celica GTO at Lester, I gone from 140fps to 80 thats a big drop. That's a big one, stock content not such big drops but drops nonetheless. Everybody else talking about big gains not losses.

CPU i5 6600
    Mobo gigabyte Z170-HD3 DDR3 (Z170 chipset, pcie 3.0)
    GPU Asus Direct cu2 gtx770 2gb
    RAM Corsair vengance pro 2133mhz 8gb (it's running at 1600mhz which I need to sort out, I do not think this is the problem tho)
    Win 7sp1, no VR. 1920x1200 fullscreen mode.

I run pretty modest in game settings. AA 3, high-high-high-high AF x16, SFX med, raindrops med, everything else off. Including shadows off. Single screen. Post effects off.

Well anyway, I spent a lot of time trying to sort this and I am getting nowhere. I feel the system is setup good with nothing dumb happening. Yes I cleared out cbash/shaders.

I would like to compare benchmarks with someone with similar hardware to me. So that means gtx770, and i5 6600 or something close to i5 6600. Especially if you feel your game is running good with that hardware. Lets hook up and run same in game settings, compare and see what the hell is going on here! I would like to try this before resorting to support question.

So that's gtx770, something like i5 6600. If your happy to help, please PM me. Thanks!

9. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Will do for sure

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I wish I knew how you were getting max GPU usage!

11. patchedupdemon

Are you running pcie 3.0,and next time you’re on rf2 check to see how much of your 2gb vram is Being used,that 2gb might not be enough

12. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Turn all settings to max, especially AA, don't lock fps

Full gpu usage isn't going to give u more fps, it is adapting for the needs.

13. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Yes sorry it's pcie 3.0. No mem probs I am running MSI afterburner, vram usage was 1.2gb. Bus usage 10-15%. Cpu core 1 was typically 30-40% it peaked at 48% Other cores minimal load.. All the figures looked ok.

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

So whats the depth of the features in rFactor2? They do not exist or have been implemented more simply. This is not a fact that speaks for rFactor2 in terms of simulation depth. Live Track 3.0 is more advanced than the Realroad, the drivetrain is more advanced in other simulations too. The tyre modell in rFactor2 feels well, but is lacking in some key features, what others sims offer.
    If you want to be fast in rFactor2, the only way is, lower the tyre pressure to minimum undepending of track temperature and everything will be fine. Thats simple and boring for me and is lacking in so many details what make simulations interessting.

In Rfactor2 you can at best heat up the front tires with the brake by more friction but not by the brake temperatures, which influence the rim. This can best be seen from the fact that no additional slip occurs at the drive axle, where the brake does not exert any temperature or pressure on the tyre. I checked it with Motec i2pro.

Show me some evidence to support that assumption.

I can show you some note of the development of some cars.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61755-Physics-of-the-Porsche-Legends-DLC

So copy and paste. Maybe i don´t know but if you think Studio 397 gets all the data it needs, you're wrong, too.

rFactor2 is the best simulation for me, but there is a long way to go, to catch up or overtake other titles in some aspects

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I do have most settings at max and as an example started silverstone from rear of grid In rain got 77fps and only around 50% GPU usage, got round to woodcote and the GPU usage jumped to the 90s and fps almost doubled. Only happens on silverstone for me though and only for parts of the lap

16. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

"internal toad map" :D Brilliant :D I agree though :)

jayarrbee36 and patchedupdemon like this.
  17. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

Huh strange I think

18. patchedupdemon

So by you’re reasoning f1 2017 should be classed as the most complete,and so the best simulation to date,because it has all the features of f1,no matter the complexity of said features
    Rf2 has many flaws but it’s physics and tyre model are unmatched,even though they have their flaws.

Ac physics feel disconnected and slow imho,finally tried it on a friends rig the other week,he only plays ac and know way more than I do about the title,but driving a few laps in a few cars was enough for me to realise it’s phyiscs lack greatly in fidelity,even if it had more implemted features,the driving experience is all I car about,and the sheer feeling of rf2 when dialed,is unmatched.

I guess we will never agree,I prefer physics over graphics,detailed high fidelity physics over lower but more numerous models

Rui Santos and Pedro Delgado2 like this.
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Yeah, tell me about it!

20. patchedupdemon

Lol i never noticed that.
    I’m too lazy to proof read and correct my many spelling mistakes

Balazs Magyar likes this.