Las3Caras Simulación - Extended Buttons

Discussion in 'Other' started by Brutten, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Hello everybody.

I share with you this simple tool that allows you to use two, or more, buttons on the steering wheel to virtually extend the buttons available on the steering wheel.

In my case I have a G27 with 6 buttons available. By using 3 of these buttons as 'neutral / switches' I can extend the number of buttons to 12. Going further, one of the neutral buttons I assign to Teamspeak and add another function. Another of the neutral buttons is used for DRS and I get another function. Thinking well how to configure it I'm sure you can think of good things.

One of the buttons can be used as a keystroke repeater. I explain, one of the functions that I can think of is the brake distribution. We can configure an option so that when pressing the corresponding button it makes 5 keystrokes to move 5 points forward or backward the brake distribution.

Here is a brief summary of how to configure it:

[​IMG]
    At the top right is the device selector and access to edit the configuration file (INI).
    There are 18 assignments available of which 8 can be set to make you perform up to 10 consecutive keystrokes.
    Click on a button and a dialog box will appear in which we will enter the description that will appear on that button.
    I recommend entering, in addition to the description, the key to be pressed:

[​IMG]
    A second dialog box is then displayed requesting the key to be pressed.
    Important: Stop at this step. If you will only use one button you can continue.
    If you are going to use combinations of two or more buttons you must press them, hold them down and click OK with the mouse.
    (requires juggling skills, I know, but it has to be like this).

[​IMG]
    If you use only one button, this screen is displayed, in the combinations directly request compliance.

[​IMG]
    All that remains is to confirm the action and you are ready to go.

You can open the program before or after starting rFactor.
    You can start/end the process and set the parameters on the fly.
    In full screen it may not work, or it may do it randomly.
    It is preconfigured for the rFactor2 v1.1130 release candidate.
    If you use a different version you must edit the ini file (remember, there is an access on the top right)

DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/file/XIwDgDwK#RgmWeKoH5L1YHb-NOh3vF6FLoBrLXmGqEfozaDHGc_o

DA, oikworld, Andregee and 2 others like this.