"Las Tres Millas" by EuskoTracks.

Discussion in 'Locations' started by SPASKIS, Apr 12, 2013.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am sorry but i dont understand. It could be that the component is not correctly uploaded (I am checking it) or that you are encountering problems in the download. But please don't confuse people with one car mod crashing to desktop, etc. The correct component installs fine.

Editted:I confirm the component installs perfectly. If you are having trouble it is presumably your problem.

2. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Just check that you got the full file downloaded,first time i only got 124mb instead of the full 133mb, as for your crashing mod go into your mod manager and click the uninstall button on all the tracks that are not used buy a mod then try your non working mod again, some tracks cause problems, if your mod works then every time you play just install a track in your mod manager and check that your mod still works, had that problem with the GP79 mod. i think it is a couple tracks that stuff things up, bit of trial and error.

3. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

ah, don't have such a thin skin mon. I meant nothing more than another meager attempt at humor. the irony of a mod that won't install compared to one that installs but crashes when you run it. seemed funny to me. funny haha, not funny messed up.

BUT . . . if you want to talk about what IS messed up . . . . here we go.

I think the underlying issue here, one that ISI should be pointedly aware of, is that some people can download, install, and run a particular mod with no problems while some other user has serious issues that prevent the very same mod and rfactor2 from working together at all. a PFM to me. (that's Pure F*cking Mystery as opposed to PFMagic) . . . but that's just another attempt at humor, don't miss the point.

4. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

Here's the rub, for ISI... What if the vast majority of the "some can, some can't" issue with mods had entirely to do with whether or not you have some OTHER, flawed, non-ISI mod installed? Anecdotal evidence suggests that this might be the case. You can see how difficult that would be for them to address directly, themselves. So, one clown writes a mod that subtly breaks others (let us say), and then someone else who has it installed is now in PFM Land, regarding these other, normal mods--- which would have worked, if not for the additional presence of the flawed (and in the circumstance, inconspicuous) "Clown Mod."

So, messed up it may be, but I think it might be incorrect to lay it at ISI's door... even if, in the abstract, it's their sim "letting" this happen.

5. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thanks for all those improvements !
    I feel the colours have changed, may be I'm wrong :confused: but they look more realistic imho...
    No more bug so far.

6. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

the same here, have done only a few laps but the colors are better and it's a relieve not being bounced of the grid anymore when driving over it:p

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Great update. Thanks. By far the best looking euskotracks track. One question, though, which may be mainly for my education. There seems to be a slight fuzziness and/or aliasing with this track. I do notice with fencing, etc. maybe it is just b/c a lot of lines but there also seems to be the slightest, I don't know how to say it but sort of like low resolution or grainy is probably a better description. Maybe this is all aliasing but this is the only track that does it but it may just be the nature of the track but I don't know. Anyway don't let it disturb you I am just trying to understand. Maybe I can take a screenshot but not sure if will show in static screenshot so let me know if u want one and I will take one when I am at my computer.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

And thanks for updating quickly and posting. Is the mountain late pop-up on the main straight a difficult fix? Is it settings users have to adjust or something that is built-in to the track code?

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I have already tried to increase the lod to 10000 with no effect. In the original BTB project it is marked as always visible. However, it will behave always the same. Maybe someone could tel me why this object ignores its properties.
    With respect to the fences problem knorpp mentions, I will try modifying the material texture bias to a higher value.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Thanks, Spaskis.

12. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

tanx, mon. I am getting less than the 133 mb as advertised. 126mb instead of 124. I will try some other methods.

now this makes sense. I hate clowns anyway. but finding an offending mod might require voodoo, but I guess I can start by removing non-ISI content.

any ideas on misbehaving mods ??

13. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

Not offhand; no specific ones... I have had some problems disappear due to this method, but I can't remember exactly the problem/mod causing pairs. One is, early work-in-progress mods are always a good suspect... and please do keep in mind that "mod" in this sense also means components--- I have seen a track do this by itself, so have a look for any tracks at a 0.1 version that you may have installed "just to try" and are still lurking around.

I see you're in Mesa! I've been wondering how many sim racers we have in the Valley... Perhaps we should start a team, based on the shared experience of living in God's Own Frying Pan.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
  14. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Definitely the key word Isermann used is components. I believe I recently found/solved a problem I was having due to an old vehicle component that I had made for an original mod (a mod that was updated recently), which updated it's vehicle mas files. I just figured maybe when the sim calls for that specific make of vehicle, it loads every vehicle version of that component (not exactly sure), which possibly in turn rendered my install of rFactor2 almost useless. Since then I have uninstalled the problem component and regained "control" of rFactor2.

15. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Do this. Install second instance of rf2. Install half of components. If no problem then problem is with remaining components. Install half of remaining components. Try again. Repeat until you reproduce problem then remove half of problem components, etc. until you isolate the offender then name and shame LOL

16. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Not sure if that was pointed at me?! If it were, notice all the "I" statements. Not sure what you meant by the end of your statement, so my apologies if I understood it wrong, Kknorpp001.

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Sorry I should have directed @ moe. Thanks.

18. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Thanks for clarifying that for me, I was kinda shocked when I read the statement, so thanks again for the clarification.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Put some time into this track today with Spark F2. Just have to say the more I drive it the more I like it. So nice. If only other Euskotracks were updated to look like this track because they all have such great layouts but now you have spoiled me with this track so I can't race the others anymore :(

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Here's some video. Still obviously learning the line but hopefully shows how much fun with 60s F2: