Laptimes are set as valid after checkered flag

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Javibeza, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

Hi guys. This is possibly an exploit.

Bug Description: Laptimes are validated after crossing the finish line and starting with checkered flag, counting towards actual qualifying. The game allows you to cross finish line and keep going, if there is enough time before session advances, finish the next lap and get a valid laptime. This lap should not count at all.

Short delay between sessions is not a valid solution, as it will prevent drivers from completing their legal laptimes.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Configure a 2-3 minutes delay between sesions.
    2. Open a server (haven't tested in single player) with 1-2 minutes qualy time.
    3. Go to qualy, wait until 0:30 remaining and go to track.
    4. While on track, wait until 0:00 and start a new lap with checkered flag, complete the lap and laptime will ve validated.

McFlex likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Shouldn't you be getting a message to enter the pits after the checkered flag to 'avoid a penalty?' Certainly sounds like an exploit.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No warning when you aren't about to exceed the allowed number of laps, no. Without some specific rules on what should happen, doing more laps should be possible but they won't be timed. Could certainly lead to advantage in several areas.

4. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

They are apparently not timed on display HUD but if you complete the lap it will be timed, it will be registered at results file and count as if it was done during the session. Just try...

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Maybe you misunderstood me. I was explaining to Dave why you wouldn't get a warning just for doing laps after the flag.

When I said more laps should be possible but won't be timed, I meant that's how it should work. I believe you, and I'm sure I've seen others say the same thing.