Lap Times per tracks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by me you, Jan 15, 2018.

1. me you

me you Registered

looking for average lap times, not super blistering world record smashing times, but just a list of times per track that the average driver can expect to do? Anyone know of such a list?

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

There is none that I'm aware of. I used to search through the Liveracers pages for that but now it's been dropped by a lot of people. With all the talent here I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a leaderboard.
    Now I just throw some AI out @ 100% and use that as a starting point.

3. Magus

Magus Registered

This is one thing I hope S397 undertake with their new UI and all the magic that goes on in its background; leader boards, challenges, & online races, even if it is only just for the official content.

At the moment there is Race Rank but just doesn't have the popularity of something like RSR Live Timings for AC, mainly because it requires you to log your times and then upload them onto the site where as RSR just updates automatically with your Steam handle.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There is a rF2 driver ranking page that contains results for many many tracks. It is somewhat complex to figure out, but does have lots of track times. Find it here The site goes allll the way back to the days of GPL.

5. me you

me you Registered

Thank you folks- Yeah- stats seem to be far and few between on the net for some reason- seems like there would be pretty big interest in recording lap averages or folks- I'll give3 those sites a look- hopefully i can figure it out

6. Supa

Supa Registered

The best you can do is find a Server online with a car track combo you want to try and then goto the website for the Server in question and see what lap times have been set on that track on the Server list they have running. Shows at least the top 3 and those league guys will be quick!

7. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

Most sims, and rF2 is not excluded, sometimes have ridiculous records when it comes to lap times. In the "World Fastest Gamer" I believe the record lap was 1:52:X, while the real-life record is 1:58:X if I'm not mistaken. That just shouldn't happen.

Now, for any track, lap times depend on weather, car, track conditions, etc.

---------------------------------
    For Spa+GT3 regular drivers may get 2:24.
    2:21 - 2:22 is good, but not stellar.
    2:20 to 2:18 is fast
    Anything bellow 2:17 is really good.

-------------------------------

For Silverstone and GT3, regular drivers may do anywhere from 2:06 to 2:12.
    A bit faster driver may do 2:04 - 2:05
    Good drivers from 2:01 - 2:03
    Stellar drivers from 1:58 to 2:00

------------------------------

It also depends on a few other factors. For example, real-world laps for Spa and GT3 are around 2:18:5. But there is BoP in place which slows down the fastest cars/drivers. The Ferrari 458 GT3 can do 2:16 in Spa with no problems both in real-life and in simulation.

However, the same 458 that behaves realistically in Rf2 belongs to a praised mod which has some cars that are broken or too fast, namely the C6-R which can do 2:14:5 at Spa and the SLS/Camaro which nobody picks because they're completely broken.

---------------------------

If you want the best cars I'd recommend using ISI/S397 ones. I sincerely don't trust most mods, they're either too fast/slow or inconsistent in BoP/Lap-time/FFB, and some use non-real-world data for balance of performance.

For MOD's I recommend the GP3, the Palatov, the Flat6 v4, the Endurance Series, and the OW F1 which by far the closest you'll get to the F1 2017 handling and lap times.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    C3PO likes this.
  8. me you

me you Registered

Thanks Supa- sounds like a good idea- I just basicaly wanna get rough estimates so i can judge my performance compared to average sim racer's times- so that soundsl ike it would be the ideal way to do that-

9. Filip

Filip Registered

World Fastest Gamer record was 1:57:xxx which is really close to real-life lap times

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Guys in Atlantic GT3 server was running 1.55 with no aids which is not close real-life.

Amanda Santini likes this.
  11. Filip

Filip Registered

Hmmm. In that case he would beat world fastest gamers by 2 sec according to this: https://www.facebook.com/jack.keithley/posts/1797417730275512
    Which I find unlikely.
    That 1:55 could be combination of many factors:
    1) Atlantic GT3 servers track conditions are much better than WFG servers
    2) 650S is slower than other GT3s
    3) That guy is cutting track which was not allowed in WFG
    4) GT3 physics were updated since August 2017 and lap times are quicker now
    5) RF2 Silverstone is not accurate
    6) GT3's performance in RF2 is not accurate

12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The FVR V8 Supercars are quite accurate when it comes to real world lap times. Symmons Plains it's easy to match race lap times with the right setup and Bathurst it is possible to match Scott McLaughlin's qualifying lap record. I did a 2:03.867 which is .030 off Scotty Mac's time.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You'll never get these 100% identical in a computer game compared to the real life counterpart, even the most minor differences could make the game quicker whether that's in physics files or smoothness of a curb for grip. Essentially I've always thought comparing sim times to real life times is pointless and something I've never worried about, it's a conversation that's done the circles before and the ultimate reason is the lack of Fear factor when driving in your sim rig compared to a real life car - we don't have fear so can push to the utmost limit lap after lap and gain valuable tenths.

AMillward likes this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Only time I concern myself with in a race is how fast the guy at the front has gone.

MarcG likes this.
  15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

This is partly my point above, without any disrespect whatsoever do you honestly believe you'd get close to Scotty Macs Bathurst time in a real Supercar? I'm not suggesting that's what you believe, just a perfect example of why comparing to real life times should not be used too much, it could be fudged physics in the mod (any mod) to get close to real life lap times to make the mod look better (I'm not saying the FVR mod has done this BTW, just an example).

16. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I wouldn't get the thing moving. But I was challenged to do it on one of the Facebook groups I'm on as I'm 'the' V8 guy there (Even if I am a pom haha) and it's a challenging car and a beast of a track and I saw it as sim racing's answer to all the covers of the latest Taylor Swift song that flood YouTube after its release XD

Even then, it was a challenge to get into the high 2:04s let alone the 2:03s and even if I did survive Reid, Sulman and McPhilliamy I would have pissed myself at Skyline and the Esses before doing the full Chaz Mostert at the Dipper.

But it was scary how well the Foxtel footage matched the RF2 one though. Aside from the Cutting we were matched exactly.

Sachmo likes this.
  17. Filip

Filip Registered

I agree and I am not worried about those things just pointing out many factors that could be reason for lap time differences

MarcG likes this.
  18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It's nice when you do, because you can feel like a real racing driver for a minute. Then you've got to snap back to reality (oh there goes gravity) and focus on those around you not what the guys did in real life.

MarcG likes this.
  19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

lol yeah know what you mean, I drove a V8Supercar at Queensland a couple of years ago (also a Pom!) and even though that was 4-5 year old spec at the time it was a tough cookie to get to grips with, but ultimately exhilarating. The other thing like I referred to above in Tracks is that the Bathurst in RF2 is not a perfect representation of the real circuit, there's a couple of inaccuracies (having walked the track myself and years of watching experience).

Any way I digress, sorry chaps back to topic :p

20. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Doubt even laser scanning would provide real world times. We don't get our arses kicked by physics like the real drivers do.

All that said, I took the FSR 2017 car to Melbourne, set the weather how it was for the World Championship (top level) guys and I was three seconds off. Might do it again since I've upgraded my wheel to something a bit more consistent. Those are the best ways to test and evaluate skills. Those guys know a ton about setups too; I don't.

But that said, I am not a hotlapper in any sense of the word. I'm more that guy you stick in the car in the middle of the night at Le Mans to make sure the main dudes can get some sleep XD

Sachmo and MarcG like this.