[WIP] Lakeside Park (Raceway) Australia

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Mikec87, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

The Porsche Cup Cars also have run here. Here is a happy lap video with the great Jim Richards.

2. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

It seems like you don't have a lot of free time Mike.!!! If you need a hand let me know!! I also want to see your Queensland in here!!

4. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

Ha, I may actually. Biggest issue is the AIW file. I want it to be as best it can be, and later I may need help with grass textures and so on.

I am going to get the track to the point where it is usable with all the walls etc in place and release it as an Alpha version so the bugs with the AI can be worked on.

The real road is done and the current grass is actually quite nice, but I want the blended grass like Mores. If I can replicate the road and grass and embankments in Mores that is me done. Happy man!

This is how I want Lakeside to look like later on...

View attachment 20427

5. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

This track will be great.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

6. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Nice target shot. Keep up the great work, Mike. :cool:

7. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

Getting the track ready for export to the game as a rfcmp file.

Looks like a patchwork quilt but that will make it easier to work on sections in the future rather than large chunks.

I am thinking of releasing as a Beta with just the basic track, terrain and walls so people can test it and I hope some others will chip in and help make the AIW file work really well with various mods.

Biggest pain in the A is remodeling the inner part of the track (purple and green sections)

The track drives well and the large unrealistic bumps are being reduced. The track is bumpy but not like the first versions....

View attachment 20621

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Great idea to allow time for AIW to be created in parallel to further graphics work.

9. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

Hi everyone,

Really happy. Got my head around how to use the Multi Layer Grass / Dirt shader. It is looking the way I want and the fine tuning will come. I may end up using 3 or 4 grass blends to get the track looking nice as possible.

So now I will finish the pit area and infield area, add the armco and walls. Going along well now.

View attachment 20658

10. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

11. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

Just found a drone video of lakeside from a drone taken a few weeks ago......great reference for terrain colours lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
  12. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

13. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

14. Foresight

Foresight Registered

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+1 [emoji41]

16. pkelly

pkelly Registered

17. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

Hi everyone,

Just getting some objects on track. The tyres are too bright as they are T1 only at this stage. Not sure what to do there. I think I will use complete new objects (tyres)from an ISI track and the textures from them.

The biggest pain in the A is rebuilding the infield around the garages and the Lakeside Room Museum. What a nightmare lol.

I have included the screenshots from the latest WIP and a few shots of the real area I am working on....

View attachment 20821 View attachment 20822 View attachment 20823 View attachment 20824

18. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

any news on this Mike?

19. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

Hey :)

Yes, still plugging away. Had a bit of a health scare over the last two weeks.

So, I am currently rebuilding the pits and the area around the Lakeside Building. It is not fun but it will look pretty good when done.

The next thing is to tidy up the pits and add all the walls and armco around the track. Once that is done i may release it as a beta or even a Alpha version for testing the AI.

The AI is an area where I may need some help. I really want the track to drive well, the pit road entry and exits to work well etc etc.

Once that is done I will start adding the outer terrain and populate with trees and buildings.

I will post some updates pretty regularly from about 10 days from now.

I am working on Queensland Raceway as well. I will also release that as a Beta. Lakeside is my major project and I really would like to get it to the level where it may be accepted as a 3PA track. That is the ultimate goal.

Mike :)

20. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

nice!! great news! :)