Lag when another player leaves the race

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by George Galis, Feb 14, 2018.

1. George Galis

George Galis Registered

Hello there, i'm having a problem with lags when other players leave the race, everything freezes for 2-3 seconds, my car does not move on the track my wheel stays locked and sound too then everything os normal.
    This happens only in race sessions not in practice and only when someone leaves the race (when the message "player has left the race vehicle stored in garage" appears).
    to other players i just disappear from the track and then my car is back on the same place.
    i tried to increase windows virtual dumb file memory file, set replay recording to off, tried dx11 and dx 9, tried lowering my graphics, changed from WiFi to cable and then to wireless 4G but the lags are still there.
    also i formated my pc and installed rf2 clean.
    This also happens regardless how many cars are in the race (20 or 3 doesnt matter, if someone leaves the server i lag)
    I tried to edit the "multiplayer.json" file and set "leave\join messages to 0" but the message still appears dunno why...
    I'm very frustrated, if you have any other ideas youre welcome. Thanks!

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It happens also when drivers join the server.
    It has been like that (unaddressed) since rf1 times.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Not for everyone
    Here I had no lag when people join/leave, then one of the updates I started getting lags when people join (but not when they leave), then last update they said they fixed it and no lags anymore again.
    I have both up and down stream set to 512 is that helps

Louis likes this.
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

For us the join session lag/freeze has not been fixed. It has been present during the last two races.

When I used monitor with my laptop I would suffer a screen freeze. Now with VR (DK2) and new high end PC, I get the black screen that says VR Content Loading. The same screen that appears for a moment when I launch the game.

5. Louis

Louis Registered

I dont remind this was an issue in the past and didn't had any playing (not too much) nowadays

6. George Galis

George Galis Registered

well for me happens only when players exit not join...and only during races