SOLVED Lag in Replay only

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Imre Bende, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

Hello,

We have a problem with server replay. The race is ok, no lag, but the replay is very strange. I don't what is it.
    Some replay is ok, some replay is like this.

Maybe is it a server config problem? We raced with this mod on different circuits, and wasn't lag in replay. We raced on this circuit, and wasn't lag in replay.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Check the configured upload/download speed from rF2 dedi panel. If it's too low it will not allow enough bandwidth per client.

3. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

i will try it. thanks

4. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

i checked it, up and down 9.7MBs

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Is that in the dedicated server? Or an internet speed test?

whatever you fill in the dedicated server. Your minimum internet speed must garanty it.
    so if 9,7Mbs is the result of a speed test: fill in 75% of that in the dedicated server. +/- 7Mbs. (That's for 1 server install)

7Mbs is good for 28 drivers without issues. If there are many more drivers, the server starts throtling speeds. So drivers furthest axay from you could start to lag. You won't see it yourself because it happens on the otherside if the track.

But if you are a streamer: cars the furthest away from you (you are in the pit) could lag.

a second thing is replay fidelity/quality.

edit: if this is the first time you have this server replay issue. I would wait until next event. See if it's still there. Maybe it was just a one time issue...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2016
  6. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

So, the problem is solved with highest upload/download speed. No this is 20mbs

7. Alvaro Torres

Alvaro Torres Registered

Please increase upload/download speed for the dedicated server in the next build, we already fixed the lag editing multiplayer but suffered it a few races. Thanks :)

8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

You can fill in those numbers yourself. There is no limit. :)
    Whatever you fill in, make sure your internet connection can handle the load. ;) The dedicated server doesn't know your bandwidth.
    For 1 dedicated server: fill in 80% of an internet speed test. (That's my recommendation) So make sure the dedicated server can make use of the bandwidth you filled in all the time.

Alex72 likes this.