Lag in race

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by 1959nikos, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You could dictate that members of your league create a standalone install (and Data Path) for your league. This isn't at all uncommon for leagues to do. Then just have a policy to not upgrade the server until the build is 1 week old and instruct members to not upgrade the install that is dedicated to your league until directed by you. Normally people spot the bugs within a few days so one week should be a safe timeline.

You will probably say this is too much to ask, but I have been in several leagues that operate this way with rF1. The reason for doing this in rF1 was to be sure everyone had the right content and didn't trash it up installing other mods unrelated to the league. In rF2 we shouldn't have these problems thanks to the new content management. But with all the bugs it is probably a good idea. I am sure the dev cycle will slow down and new bugs will not get introduced as often. This lag bug is due to a rather significant and complex feature that they are currently working on which is the ability to reconnect to a race session if you get disconnected. Once the feature set is fixed, the builds should be more stable.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you very much.
    If i've understood well we can have several versions of rFactor2 in different folders working at the same time.
    This is what we need. It's a solution to continue with our league.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
  3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Temporary solution. Why the drama? No one bitched about this in rF1, in fact people liked to brag about it.

This obviously sucks and isn't a clean solution. But for now it is this small work around or just stop racing altogether.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Whether clean or dirty, it is an immediate solution and that is what we were asking for. Thanks.

5. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Bryan:

I have been away and just now getting to where I can reply. I can't for the life of me figure out how to send e-mail from my phone..( Dang keyboard to small)

Here is the Teamspeak Bryan

192.210.227.214:9996

Dave

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yesterday by pure luck we finished race ok. In a moment when some ppl started to leave server after the finish - lags started. So lags exist no matter what settings in multiplayer.ini. We need new build or a patch ASAP.

7. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Has iSi responded to this matter? This is frustrating trying to host races and having them ruined by disconnects and "bailers".

Thanks,

Bryan

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yes they responded. They fixed this bug and have been testing this week. If testing goes well they will release the new build on Monday.