Know the real identity of a supplanter on our server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alvaro Torres, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Alvaro Torres

Alvaro Torres Registered

We have a resistance race tomomow for which we're testing since November. Yesterday some of our members shared a setup with a guy who had the nickname of one of his teammates. That guy wasn't his teammate, we could confirm later via teamspeak.

Is there some human way to know his identity? We can compare IP with forum and teamspeak, but we don't know how get his rf2 IP. Seems like xml was not generated correctly. We have full access to the server so maybe there is another way to get the IP, steam ID, whatever...

I would greatly appreciate some help.

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I may be wrong but it is difficult to know if someone is using other's name or nickname. I am not sure if tracing IP would be useful considering they can be dynamic.

There should be a way to force using steam nickname which I think guarantees noone can be supplanted.

3. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

i think the ip's should show up on the dedicated server somehow!
    Where the names are listed......

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

IP usually gets logged in the XML when people join the server, if the XML is somehow damaged (weird?) then I don't think there's any sort of log.

In future, whispering (/w command in chat) some sort of code would guard against imposters?

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

look for the xml with the time of the session this happened
    Would love to have a online ID using Steam in rF2

6. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I've never done this in rF2 but have in rF1. If you have someone on the server you don't want then simply issue the ban command.

/callvote ban <name>

That will remove him from the server and log some details about the driver (I know IP is captured) so he can't easily rejoin. In rF1, this was held in bans.txt (or something like that).

Euskotracks likes this.