KERS and Boost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neoned, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Neoned

Neoned Registered

We all know in next year formula-1 backs to KERS system like in 2009. So, in Rfactor 1 we have only boost engine settings in race and you can't make real work KERS system in the game.
    so, dear ISI, what about Kers and boost? By the way in F2 there is no boost like engine map settings, it's just more POWER button, which you can use couple times.
    What engine options you would like to see in RF2?

2. mantazzo

mantazzo Registered

i only want to know if rfactor 2 will be compatible with kers and boost... :)

3. senn

senn Registered

Turbo/supercharging. Twin charging. Adjustable boost in cockpit. Proper manifold pressure modelling, so driving a car that has a turbo feels like driving a turbo car, not a pseudo attempt with the engine map that never feels right.

Engine power/torque should be effected if it's a hot or cold day. If there was a track with a big enough altitude change, perhaps even effected by altitude...Pikes peak maybe?

4. Luka K.

Luka K. Registered

im with u on this one. would really like to see proper turbo physics. and turbo blow ups :D

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

They haven't mentioned much on this subject. I too would like to finally know if they can compete with RBR's engine modeling. [​IMG]

6. V6_

V6_ Registered

A proper KERS system would be great! It will definitely make multiplayer races better. I also don't want it to be unrealistically used on the wrong cars.
    I'm pretty sure that ISI wouldn't release a new game with such a faulty engine mapping system as senn described.