kermora wip

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Banger, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Banger

Banger Registered

The Kemora is a racing circuit situated in Central Ostrobothnia, Veteli municipality of Finland. The track was built in 1983 and was lengthened in 1987. The current track is 2,733 metres (1.70 mi) long. In the same area is also a kart racing track and a snowmobile track used in winter.

and before anyone says. i know there a rallyx bit in the middle. it might be added later:D

2. Jepsertti

Jepsertti Registered

Yay! Great news since I'm Finnish and I love that track :D

3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Bring it on! I hope you got accurate elevation and camber data.

Cant wait to test this out. :)

Cheers!

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

It's great to see another scratch built track :).

Good luck with project!

5. Banger

Banger Registered

thanks, all

yes i put in the gps data, but i really don;t see much difference in it.? the camber i can do if i find out where there are and to what degree from within BTB

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
  6. Banger

Banger Registered

striped the terrain off, to get some road edging down ,0.50,5.00,10.00,15.00 terrain distances.so i can adjusted the textures to my liking laters. :)
    [​IMG]

also added Gps data for track, but really atm can't see much of a change.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
  7. pasirt

pasirt Registered

Well, I have been driving that circuit few years with motorcycle ( couple of hundred laps :D ) and the only real camber is in the "carousel". It's of course lower in the inner edge. Pretty steep, i'll gues half a meter between outer and inner edges.

I tried to paint that area on the picture.

View attachment 7316

Hope this helps, at all.

Pasi

8. Banger

Banger Registered

thanks pasirt all information helps since i rely on google earth & 3droute builder,doesn't always work correctly, i put it in once the edging done.stumbled on a bug in BTB , with the textures you cant turn them:(. so getting to think of ways to twist texture back to the corrected way.or create an xpack file in btb. if that still works.:lol: BTB crashing alot atm with win7 (64bit)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
  9. Banger

Banger Registered

how this for the camber parist? 10 degree start,20 degrees center,10 degres end

10. Aleksi Elomaa

Aleksi Elomaa Registered

Way way way too much. Should be more like 1-2 degrees. Thanks for making this track, can't wait. One of tracks where I have driven in real life.

11. Banger

Banger Registered

ok, i reduced it to 1-2 degrees , although i would love to drive that :hehe:

hopefully i will recieved Trackmaker email soon , has i can't seem to start this anymore with 3ds max,.so might have to go the old ways.and manually edited the track parts in 3ds max ,(old fashion way). has btb still has it limits. in editing

12. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Google maps don't helps in this location :) very low resolution.
    If you have GPS data with Geographic coordinates can use importGEO and get right scale and orientation.

13. Banger

Banger Registered

yes, i noticed it MM yesterday, same for sasplanet seems to be very blurry at the moment too.i'm tryin to get it using the kml version of your scripts. good job. and thanks for sorting out the email problems.

14. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

If you need help to import GPS data I can help

15. Banger

Banger Registered

thanks mm, i send the kml i have so far, seem to gone a little bit loopy on the main track curves are now in the wrong position and overlap each other, but on google earth everything fine?

16. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

My import is ok. change skip points to 1 or 0.
    [​IMG]

P.S. The terrain import not work is a test :)

17. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Try this version i fix a small bug.. in skippoints.

18. Banger

Banger Registered

thanks that alot better, less work for me.still not getting the textures thou. all black.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
  19. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

is Better now.

Now you have to prepare the spine that will be the reference spline for the circuit.
    The spline reference it is important defines the shape and elevation of the track. After creating the track the name of reference spline is stored in the track object so when you select the track then spline reference is automatically selected.

Elevation:
    if you don't have another source for elevation you can use 3d route builder is not very accurate but is better that nothing ;). when get bumps in altitude profile can use interpolation to get a line a little smoother.
    [​IMG].
    Export the new kml (kamora_elev.kml) and import to max.

Shape
    Unfortunately for this location Google Maps don't have satellite images with acceptable resolution. But SASPlanet allows you to choose other sources a good alternative is the Bing maps - Satellite. For this location have a very good resolution with snow but can can see the road ;).
    [​IMG]
    After importing the kml in SASplanet and choose Bing can see that there is a small displacement of the coordinates but the scale and orientation is correct we can move the circuit in 3ds max. Can start to export the images and kml files to a directory.

20. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Export images tiles:
    In SASPlanet make a rectangular selection (press CTRL to get square) of all track and in Download TAB select Bing maps - Satellite and ZOOM 20.
    display tiles boudaries for z19 (menu View )
    Make another make a rectangular selection (zoom 18) at the top of the circuit.
    [​IMG]

selection for 1024x1024 images (Split: four columns and two rows) with Zoom 20:
    [​IMG]
    when export other places change the file name (ex. mapsMiddle.jpg, mapsBottom.jpg).
    To import all images to max use importGEO and use "images tiles" import Dir.
    [​IMG]