[REL] Keimola Motor Stadium Conversion to Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'Locations' started by EmperorOfFinland, Jan 27, 2021.

1. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

The code itself looks like this as 3dsimed3 wants to add this so the animations work but the animations dont switch after this

}
    Instance=StarterWorker000
    {
    VisGroups=(32)
    MeshFile=starterworker_000.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(Dynamic,Texture) LODOut=(500.0)
    AnimFile=CW_FLAGDOWN.ANM AutoStart=(0)
    AnimFile=CW_FLAGHELD.ANM AutoStart=(0)
    AnimFile=CW_FLAGWAVE.ANM AutoStart=(0)
    AnimFile=SW_PRESTART.ANM AutoStart=(0)
    AnimFile=SW_START.ANM AutoStart=(0)
    AnimFile=SW_VICTORY.ANM AutoStart=(0)

2. EmperorOfFinland

Okay seemingly they will fly green flag on the first lap and then start working normally. so thats solved now i guess and i see there is also an mistypo on starterworker as its starterworker000 instead of starterworker_000

So now the last thing to do would be to tune the AIW of the track a bit better. but ai already drives quite well and i can do it later

This is the list of fixes i need to do still The ones with Underline are already fixed

Realroad shaders properly working on the road.
    Put saunalenkki arch lower.
    Adjust the LOD spawning.
    Fix pitlights,
    Make sure groove works.
    Fix guardrail texture.
    Add cornerworkers

Check does the AI perform well enough on the track If not redo the AIW for the track, (Pitlane AIW is already redone and they seem to be exiting the pit in good order)
    Fix the missing reflections during rain on the road, (Probably IBL shader issue as i had them working on old real road shaders)

So now the track is ready for usage. here is a snippet of the loading screen that we wont see unfortunately because of new ui :( Keimola_Loading.jpg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    Hazi, Corti and Mauro like this.
  3. EmperorOfFinland

The track is now released on the workshop. the first post has been updated with the needed things on it. so now you can enjoy it. remember to report any bugs you find on the track to me so i can go and fix them as i cant test everything myself

Corti, pascom, jimagn and 1 other person like this.
  4. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Thank you! And thanks for keeping us posted on your work. Maybe it will help us appreciate the efforts that modders make so we can have some fun.

EmperorOfFinland, Corti and pascom like this.
  5. EmperorOfFinland

It still needs the update to IBL shaders, also the white lines on that track are slippery so dont drive on them. I will probably update the track at somepoint with the new shaders.

It took me about 1 week of hard work converting (About 40-65h of work) as i had to split up the roadsurface and manually rename all the objects on it. about 1500 of them. Also i fixed some 3d vertice issues on the track itself. And moved some models around. Fixed the start and pitlights, redid the pit AIW, changed some textures around. Added cornerworkers and a starterworker. Made sure the racegroove works. Also made the track have wetweather reflections.

Xzanman, Mauro and atomed like this.
  6. Mauro

Mauro Registered

just tried with AI (in next days i wish to try with my wheel)
    i stopped modding after rf2 PBR update, so i don't know if something is different now

I make some criticisms (hopefully constructive :) ):
    -all texture seems they aren't update to albedo. no albedo texture now? or is it PBR related?
    https://www.studio-397.com/modding-resources/guidelines-for-artists/
    (see "How to quickly update car skins / color maps")
    -the asphalt textures are horrible. and i think they are probably in low resolution (?). for me they are the first thing to improve
    -real road doesn't seem to work
    -if you want to update trees and vegetation i can send you some useful tips that andreagrass sent me in past

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    pascom and Hazi like this.
  7. EmperorOfFinland

I think most of the texturerelated things is that i dont even know how to update them to albedo. the documentation was not making much sense to me. the asphalt texture was better before but now i had to downgrade it because of the IBL shaders glitching out. Also realroad is probably because of UV mappings. i would need 3ds max to adjust them or throw this to blender itself and even documentation on that was sparce to begin with.

Thouse dark areas are things i dont even know why they are happening so i need to figure that out too.

I could update the trees myself too but texturemodding is not my best area at all. So i would have to learn that. Thankfully texturemodding is the easiest part of the modding process so it should not be that hard to do.

But if i get hang of the tutorials to do that i will do that next. i should be able to do it next week. I just want to take a small break from modding over the weekend.

8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

9. Corti

Corti Registered

pascom, Hazi and Mauro like this.
  10. EmperorOfFinland

sure i will give it a go myself and see how they look personally.

I wonder how i will cure the darkness on the track itself. the trackpieces are darker than others on the track itself.
    It seems something makes some trackpieces considerably darker than others. and i have no idea what does that. i think its related to the real road shader itself.

Corti likes this.
  11. EmperorOfFinland

Trackproblems.png So if someone has an idea how to cure the trackpieces being dark as i think its related to something i dont understand as it was also a thing with realroad shaders itself. ie the road should be the lowest shade and the 2 lowest should be lighter than that. and the 3rd one should be similar to the 1st from bottom and 4th one should be lighter than 1st one from bottom

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  12. Corti

Corti Registered

I think I should review the mesh of the track is very low polygons

upload_2021-1-31_12-51-23.png

svictor, philrob and Mauro like this.
  13. EmperorOfFinland

yeah but i should use blender for that, its on the working list later for me. but first i want to solve the issue with the road itself.

problem being that the roadshadowing is more critical issue than the mesh itself at this moment.

Corti likes this.
  14. EmperorOfFinland

I will try to get information on the roadshadowing issue and try to fix that for 0.91 version and for 0.92 i will start to fix the mesh issues with the road and also with the circuit itself.

jimagn, pascom, Mauro and 1 other person like this.
  15. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, I have identified the cause of black road, it is due to wrong asphalt normal texture.

I have generated a new asphalt normal DDS, download here:
    https://we.tl/t-QVeR5Ma2At

Comparison:
    normalfix.jpg

jimagn, pascom, Mauro and 3 others like this.
  16. philrob

philrob Registered

Svictor,
    you beat me to it

17. EmperorOfFinland

Oh nice. thanks i will make sure it gets updated with the new textures and the new asphalt texture. and will make sure you get credited from this :D

Corti, pascom, svictor and 1 other person like this.
  18. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, I just fixed wet reflection as well, the reason it did not reflect was due to ASPH1SPEC.DDS has 100% opacity.

Here is the fixed SPEC.dds (or you can try adjust original texture, by reducing ASPH1SPEC.DDS layer opacity then merge visible layer and export):
    https://we.tl/t-RlaBtboeYn

Preview:
    20210201175425_1.jpg

jimagn, pkelly, Corti and 2 others like this.
  19. EmperorOfFinland

Yeah the track is instantly fixed with the new textures so that is good and seems this gets fixed too. im also learning new stuff about what can break the game so this will help me immensly in learning how to mod the game :)

jimagn, pkelly, Corti and 2 others like this.
  20. EmperorOfFinland

im working on fixing the roadreflections bugging out a little after saunalenkki and also making the trees and kupla to follow the viewer so they look more natural. so update should be ready in 1-3 hours :D

jimagn, davehenrie, pascom and 3 others like this.