Karts 0.991 and Quebec SuperKarts 1.07 track available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 29, 2014.

1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Oh s***, your right, i completely forgot about the gearing ratio!!!! How silly of me to forget that! :eek:

Cheers!

I'm quite surprised it's such a small gap according toe Niels. I've only tried the bodnar once but to my memory it felt way more stronger than just 2.5x the t500.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I'm trying, with no success, to blag a wheel from work. We have 30, 60 and 150 Nm :) If you knew the price, you'd know why I don't have one ;)

3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Sweet mother of god! 150Nm sim wheel!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!

If that's were with my 26cm diameter t500 458 rim, that would feel like 118kg at the rim! Not even funny.

Looking online, kart steering wheels are about 30cm so that's not exactly any lower really, at 102kg!

4. Jimmy Broadbent

Jimmy Broadbent Registered

Hey guys,

First time posting on these forums, really looking to get involved more with the rF2 community.

Here's a small video I put together with my thoughts on the Karts.

5. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Unfortunately I've never tried a Bodnar wheel, though have spoken to Niels about his at quite some length. I'm not sure where the 12Nm figure comes from but I have a feeling that's a shade on the conservative side. :)

6. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I've got a Jr. Kart server up and running (MM_rFactor2_Server) It's rotating through short, medium and long. 20 lap races, 15 minute Q

It's located in Texas and can only support about 15 people due to bandwidth

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Do you mean 12 Nm from a bodnar or in a real kart?

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You must be from the same locale as Jenson Button!! Perhaps your non-sick voice sounds even more like him?!?

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

hahaha....i didn't notice that before but Jimmy Broadbent does have the same sort of talking characteristics (especially the mini chuckle/laugh) as the other JB (ha...even the same initials, lol)

10. Jimmy Broadbent

Jimmy Broadbent Registered

Can't say I've ever had that comparison made before!

Wikipedia says that he's from Somerset, other side of the country from me ;P

11. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Have you noticed how the viewpoint is slightly off to the right? If you look at the metal work around the pedals you can see more of the right side. In the spinner everything looks symmetrical, if anything the seat looks offset to the left slightly.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Hmmm, wonder if he grew-up there? There is an uncanny similarity in accent, inflexion and even the chuckle that DrR1pper also commented on above!

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

He's really Jenson Button....it's obvious....he was even too lazy to think of another name that didn't use the same initials. Pfft...

:p

14. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Two minor complaints with this astounding update that don't seem to have been mentioned yet:

-the behaviour of the kart when trying to accelerate from a stationary position at full lock (doing a 180 after a spin) doesn't seem correct. I'm sure they can pull away much faster than that, at least in my experience (and I've spun out A LOT)
    -the karts are so much fun that the rest of rF2 is now redundant ;)

15. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

In the junior kart which doesn't pull away at all without being straight, with only 8 HP and slightly less powerful than the one I've driven at 13HP, this is exactly the same behaviour as my own experience.

16. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

The junior kart is said to have 20hp:)

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Don't know what's gotten into me. How did I read it as 8hp? :confused:

In either case, it should still conform to the same problem of not being able to pull away unless your steering is straight. Even the f1 does but no where as much, especially if you lower it's gear ratio and you got a ton of torque from the get-go.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The karts bog down enough in a straight line, being full lock without movement before it's going to act that way. I think that's pretty realistic, but perhaps someone with a kart they can access can confirm.

19. joekart

joekart Registered

Hi,
    yes it's realistic: without movement, rear wheels have the same adhesion on tarmac, and like there is no differential, when you turn your wheel, it forces on the engine. I had the same experience with a 18 hp karting in real life. Elsewhere you can hear the squeal of tires when you start moving.
    this "mod" is a must for me, the only issue is my hardware: g 25. Even with it it's so good.
    Don't know if i'm understandable, english is not my language. I learned it only at school.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  20. Jos

Jos Registered

i cant seem to drive these without the backend always stepping out :(

what am I doing wrong...