Just wanted to pay a compliment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Nagy, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Andrew Nagy

Andrew Nagy Registered

It's too easy to criticize things, particularly tech-related items, when they don't work quite the way you'd like, so I wanted to give a shout-out to the developers and supporters of rFactor2, and to the great resource that Studio 397 is. As anyone who has ever read any of my posts knows, there has never been a more clueless entrant into the world of sim racing than me, but with the patient help of many people on this forum, I've gotten through all of the challenges (many self-inflicted!),and have gotten many hours of enjoyment on my sim. And as an amateur racer in the "real world", I'm very impressed with how realistically the sim car responds to throttle, brake, and steering inputs.

I also really like the new GUI - it's much more intuitive than the old one. I was initially a little put off by the fact that Practice mode defaults to having you drive with other cars, as opposed to solo with the old GUI, but decided to go ahead and see how I compare to other, presumably more seasoned sim jockeys, expecting to find myself in the role of a back-marker, but the results in all four sessions I've run so far have been a pleasant surprise:

upload_2022-10-26_22-12-7.png

I've covered the names of the other drivers because I don't want to appear to be gloating at the expense of other folks. If only these results translated to the real cars (sadly, they don't). But it's nice to know I don't suck too bad at least in the sim world.

Thanks again for everything you guys do for RF2.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Remember when you couldn't even get rF2 to work? You have come far!

3. Andrew Nagy

Andrew Nagy Registered

Do I ever! I was clueless beyond words, and I still would be if it wasn't for this forum.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Andrew Nagy I almost hate to say it, but I think you're in single player mode.

ebeninca likes this.
  5. I appreciate that and I agree at the same time - I am racing since Grand Prix 2 ... what an amazing telemetry section ... and I was used to participate in races in real life for nearly a decade years ago (I am just an amateuer not a pro or semi-pro).

With the help of a lot people, with the help of studying threads, rFactor 2 becomes a highly customizable simulation to me and I learned a lot off the track probably I would have never learned without rFactor 2.

This sounds weird (this and above), but as rF2 is lacking some things and is customizable on the other hand you are able to "bring in" a lot of the missing things by yourself - or if you participate from the work of others who e.g. publish their work in the workshop in Steam.

Great to read you are satisfied with rF2 - forget about all the problems in the past ... their will be new ones in the future ;-) ... but it is the same with other apps, too.

6. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

You are right, they deserve recognition and gratitude. Cheers for that.

memoNo1 likes this.