Just wanted a few thoughts on the consensus on mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EternalRage, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

:eek:;) I think you've said a mouthful about iRacing's service right there.

2. Cercata

Cercata Registered

You wise man :)

3. Transyt

Transyt Registered

I have played RF2 since 2015, but most of time I was playing Assetto corsa. After DX11 update, I began to shift more time on RF2. Well, chasis mod you know, when I found it was not good, I dumped it, and don't keep that mod in mind. So I can only recall some of the mods which is not in steam. Some BTCC mod or whatever every car has the same physics, and models were terrible.
    PS: I didn't say "none" of us. I thought I said "few".

4. Filip

Filip Registered

If I understood correctly you tried one BTCC mod and maybe few other mods but don't know which and then you claim all mods are bad?

5. Transyt

Transyt Registered

You should read all my posts again more carefully to see what I mean. I never said all mods are bad. What I mean is simple, generally speaking, official contents quality are better than mods. There are always good mods and bad mods. But official contents are basically the same high level. So RF2 should focus more on official contents.

dadaboomda likes this.
  6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Agree.

7. Filip

Filip Registered

Ok, I apologize then.

On topic I love having and trying multiple mods. I find some of them on a same level with official content.
    Some other have flaws but either uniqueness or plain fun driving them compensates that.
    If handling and FFB of car is believable and engaging that's what I find most important to enjoy.
    For me, less serious sim racer I don't care much if the car has exact performance as the real one. It's nice if sim car makes exact lap times like real one but it's not crucial for me to enjoy.
    I can get past bad sound and bad models although they are nice bonus to immersive experience, of course. Sounds even more than graphics.

Does many mods make for dispersed community and troubles finding online races? Probably

fsuarez79 likes this.