Just bought Rfactor 2, downloaded Kart track, but can't find a kart

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by TexRob, Jan 31, 2015.

1. TexRob

TexRob Registered

I thought iRacing was confusing, Rfactor2 seems weird. I downloaded the Quebec track, but see no kart available for download. I see very few cars in general. Does the game come with like 2 cars? I see there are a few I can download, but for the most part there are like maybe 10 car it seems like.

I bought this pretty much just for karting, and can't seem to find a kart. Also, no way to select all for the add ons and download is ultra annoying.

EDIT: So I guess I found the download page for cars, but why can some cars be downloaded from the launcher, and the rest have to be downloaded from the site? Also, I started with the demo download because on the buy page that's the only option they give you. Is there a difference from my demo version that has been activated, and the more complete versions you can download? They really need to streamline this, it's an incredibly clunky website and set of procedures for a new owner.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Here:

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/

You'll find the karts about 7th in the list.

There will always be an increasing number of both ISI and third-party cars and tracks; installing all isn't really a viable (or wanted) option for most people. It's just different to what you're used to.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In response to your edit, the launcher in its current guise is quite a recent change. I think that's part of the reason a fair bit of the content isn't listed in it. But third-party content will likely never be in it, so downloading from websites is something you should expect if you aren't going to limit yourself to ISI content.

Again, it's different to what you're used to, and it's not perfect. It is useable, but it'll take a little time to adjust. I've seen people used to the raw rFactor-way who can't handle the iRacing (or, indeed, other sims) approach, and it's the same.. if you don't allow yourself to adjust you'll never get used to it or like it.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Really? I would expect the majority of people to want all the content (tracks and cars) for a game that they paid for. Maybe some "hardcore" guys here and there want nothing to do with certain cars or tracks, but most people want all the cars/tracks/characters/levels/guns etc. for a game they paid for.

To the original OP: can you not automatically download every car and track from the RF2 launcher instead of manually going to the website and literally having to click and download every car and track 1 by 1??...

RealGT likes this.
  5. TexRob

TexRob Registered

First, thanks everyone for the replies.

Spinelli, I agree completely, hard drive space is a joke these days, I want any and all content :) Rfactor is Euro based right? I know in the past a lot of people had bandwidth limits over there, so maybe that's why they keep it out by default?

As for the question about the auto download, nope, the launcher has a button to install each thing, which downloads, verifies, and installs. The launcher install is great compared to the website, where you download, place in folder, then go to mod manager and install it. The launcher would be perfect if they just added a select all or a multi select option. It's good to hear it's relatively new, hopefully they'll continue to develop it. Hopefully they will add all of the ISI developed content to it soon.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hey, Tex. Ya, it looks like in the launcher you still have to click 1 by 1, however, as you said, it's just 1 click each, you don't have to go to the site, click, select a folder, save it, open up mod manager, blah blah blah. So the launcher does seem to be greatly improved (good job ISI). A "select all" option would be nice, but just clicking once each car and track in the launcher is still definitely better than manually doing everything from the site and a definite improvement from ISI. Yes, I'm assuming the launcher will be further improved, also an entire new back-end/core U.I. is being developed (for the in-game look and back-end/core functionality as well).

ISI is an American company :)

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I could well be wrong. The fact each post I make has my name to the left of it should be some indication what I say is my opinion.

Seems to be a lot of people using Getmod to download recent ISI content they could have easily (as you've pointed out) installed through the launcher. So no, I don't think downloading everything is a widespread desire. But again, I could be wrong. No sweat.