Just bought a LOGITECH DD G PRO wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by nolive721, Dec 25, 2022.

Tags:
  1. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I haven't seen any thread since the wheel came out. I just ordered one here in Japan, with a Xmas 10% discount that makes it coming at just under $800 equivalent which is a no brainer for me.

I am a TSPC racer user so I could have waited few months for the Thrustmaster T818 and use it with my existing wheels but I was doubtful of the QR system and also how the plasticky wheels will cope with 10Nm of torque.

especially considering how they are creaking already with the 6Nm from the TSPC racer

Other choice would have been a Moza R9 but they are expensive here combined with the proprietary wheels

the DD GPRO is a bit bulky but not that much more than my TSPC racer so that's fine.

only challenge I see is how to mount it on my DIY 8020 rig but I will figure this out in the coming days before it arrives(not too keen on using the desk mount on my rig)

anyone on the Forum using such wheel and recommending mounting and FFB settings?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  2. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Recommended configuration:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/8358055253271-In-Game-Settings-for-Pro-Wheels

I'm still adapting to it, using 8 NM for now, having difficulties to feel the car in high speed corners, maybe too much dampening.

The 2 mounting points in the middle are in the exactly same position of the other logitech wheels, the 3rd one, in the front middle of the base, is not really necessary, but if you want extra support, you can use it.

3. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Well I had an accident with my Thrustmaster tx. Anyway I purchased one of these. Not really digging it to be honest. I was expecting a much better FFB experience. One thing I've noticed though is the quickness in receiving the ffb. There is obviously lag in the tx wheel compared to this one.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Lag sounds a bit unusual, the comparative lag feeling could be belt vs DD but could also be your settings on the G Pro? Maybe too aggressive, giving excellent response but drowning out detail. I say this without really knowing what settings could do that - I see the recommendations above are just for filter and dampening.

I assume you started with a fresh controller profile?

5. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Yes I did.

I'm not using the recommended settings. Maybe that's the issue. I have damping off and filter at 1 which is the lowest setting you can choose. My thinking is why get a wheel like this only to dampen and filter the ffb. Of course that could be a wrong way of thinking. hahaha.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what they do :p

This thread had some other discussion, plus I explained (eventually, with the usual too much detail) some of the nuances of the rF2 settings. With 11Nm you have some options on how you approach it.

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.