[JSON] failed to perform opperation on launch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by txwijk, Jul 26, 2022.

1. txwijk

txwijk Registered

Hello, i've tried to make a fantasy skinset for rF2's Formula Pro with the help of a diffirent modder but it didin't realy work out, I followed some steps that he told me and they were verry clear and easy to follow, but when it was all said and done I put the mas file in the cars folder in the right location, the game now just gives me a error every time I try to boot it up. Its says: Config error. [JSON] failed to perform opperation, unsupported type. I tried to delete said folder, but to no avail, then tried deleting the formula pro directory file, still an error. I even tried to reinstall the game but it still gave me the error. I've got no more ideas from where it could come from. If anybody would be so kind to help, that would be great.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Usually that would be the player.json being broken/corrupted. Wouldn't normally happen from what you're doing but can't always rely on these things being predictable.

I would start by renaming your Userdata folder (just to something different - doesn't matter), verify rF2 files in steam, then run it again. That will give you a completely fresh profile and lose any custom controls, vehicle settings etc, but you can check your original files in the renamed folder and copy them over as required.

(sometimes there are multiple .json files broken and the others don't give you that same feedback, so a fresh folder is the easiest restarting point)

3. txwijk

txwijk Registered

Hey man, thanks for the reply, I will check this tomorrow when I'll be back at my pc

4. txwijk

txwijk Registered

It worked, thanks!