Join Event-Calendar with your community

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Dobbie, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

SteveK, rf2wec, Erick3331 and 2 others like this.
  2. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Good job dobbie, this is one of the things we expect to be integrated to rf2 in the New competition structure

3. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Thank you ;).
    I think, Google-Calendar should be to synchronize with most other calendars on websites; some communities wouldn´t put the Google-Calendar on their homepage because their aren´t very handsome, but it should be to link.
    I hope that by the end of 2017 there will be a good number of participants...

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Yes, we are looking at integrating schedules/calendars from different leagues. Don't ask about details yet, that is a bit too early, but these proposals make sense so you can expect something along these lines.

harruman likes this.
  5. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Push for further growing ;)

6. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

@Marcel Offermans probably at this point you already have a model in your mind for the calendar, but i'm still thinking about it. So i just wanna to say some things, maybe obvious things, but this way i can let my mind relax a little bit. =)

If you analyse the current scenario, the most leagues use the SLS system for controlling the championships and events. So i think If you implement a similar model fully integrated with rf2 + steam workshop and some way to migrate the data from SLS, automaticaly these leagues will prefer to use the rf2 system instead of maintain their own SLS systems.

And you will have all the data necessary to fill the calendar.

The closest thing i can think now is the iracing leagues system, which is poorly exploited because it has little flexibility.

Having this system will be a great attractive for new players, being that other sims have nothing like it.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  7. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Push up :)

For now there are around ten involved communities with different Sims. The Calendar has grown up and nearly every day in a month show Users events to participate.
    For rF2 we have seven Communties they displayed there Events, from the Rennsimulanten, over P1-Gaming, Simracing-United, Simracing-GP, rFactor2wec, Simracingindonesia and last but not least the Unitedracersleague. Even the separate rF2-Calendar shows Events for nearly every day in the month :cool:.
    Yes, there are not as much visitors as you maybe expect, but if you sign up to the Google-Calendar and add the Sim you want (or simply all) into your personal calendar, you have no need to visit my Website ;).

8. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Guys and admins, i found again one community with big event and less drivers :(. Bring your events up over the border of your community and share it with the Simracing-world. Participate with your community ON other events and make your community known FOR others. Help to organize similar Events not falling to same day with other communities, this won´t work for all!

Show or send me posters of your upcoming events and i will put them into the Simracing-calendar. Maybe more Admins should think about establish Racing-Teams instead of Communities and participate on existing races, and not to drive with less than 10 users on their own. With an good calendar and much more teams, we all can drive wonderful events...

Best regards, Dobbie

9. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

10. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Also in 2018 you can bring up your events into the Event-calendar and share it with the users around the world. Did you know, that you can set an alarm in Google-calendar, so that events in from users subscribed calendars pop up days or hours before the event on PC or smartphone!?

Have a good year full of interesting and victorious races ;)

11. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

12. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Push up.

Unfortunately lot of Communities seems to be inactive, not to say dead :(. Maybe some new ones was alive and had prepared an google event calendar or want to do and want to share with the world... ;)

SRGP likes this.