JOIN button doesn't works...no wait, it works...no, it doesn't...now it does...no....

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Luiz De Boni, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Able to JOIN is some servers only after waiting about 5 minutes for the JOIN button to highlight.
    Sometimes I have to click in 5 or 6 diferent servers and go back to the server I want to join to have the JOIN button highlighted.
    Sometimes this procedure doesn´t work and sometimes it does...
    Sometimes the JOIN button doesn't highlight even for mods I have installed (and MM checked them OK...).

2. Ken

Ken Registered

Mine has been doing the same thing since the previous update, waited to see if this update would fix it but it didn't. For the most part I have not been able to race online for months. Very frustrating.

3. TJones

TJones Registered

Not very much problems here, it works in most cases.
    It's getting worse when i hosting a server. I have to click on one of the official ISI server's, sometime several times to get access to my own or one of the other server.

Seem's to me, that the last two builds are a little sensible to I-Net connection. I've got cable (32Mbit down/2Mbit up).

4. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Same behaviour after I did upgrade to build 590. Nothing else was changed.

Seems that we are back in beta status now ;-(

5. nuggetr

nuggetr Registered

same here can only join about 1/3 of the servers

6. whitmore

whitmore Registered

7. TJones

TJones Registered

Was a bit optimistic. Today only half of the list, at best is working.

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I still have problems with greyed out JOIN button.
    Everytime (or very often) when I've clicked on a server that doesn't work, ALL servers in the list becomes grey. When I restart RF2 it's back to normal again.

I'm racing in two leagues. One of them always has working servers, but the other one has grey JOIN button 80% of the time...

9. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Yeah, this is getting really ****ing old, theres no reason for it not to work. Im starting to think rented servers work fine, maybe they dont want people using servers from home, sure seems like it. Never had any issues till that **** build 494

10. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

...it works sometimes...sometimes it still doesn't...

11. DA

DA Registered

Confirm problem. :( Works 50/50. ISI! Check again this issue!

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Just to add to the confusion, our server works great. maybe 1% gets the occasional greyness.
    I've been joining allot of Kart servers this week, no issues either.

fresh 590 is fresh

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

14. Eaglerapids

Eaglerapids Registered

Right now I can only find 1 (one) server in the whole list that I can join. Get Mod just does not work, usually it just says Mod can't be installed, sometimes it pretends to d/l then says it can't be installed. I've turned off anti-virus, firewall, nothing helps. I've exited and gone back in. I've installed over the top. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, then reinstalled over the top. When I verify the update I get a TON of entries that fail verification. None of the uninstall- reinstall scenarios help.
    Lately I've only had limited time to race and it is very frustrating when I have to spend more time troubleshooting this stuff to no avail then actually running laps.

15. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

I am in exact same problem. I have completely reinstalled as well. All ports are open. I cannot even join my own dedicated server. It's absolutely ridiculous! ISI, apart from 'posting in the bug section' do you have any ideas? I currently pay for an online subscription but I cannot race online! I am in the same boat as eaglerapids, I have limited time to play but when I want to I seem to have to try fix something.

16. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

In the last days i was able to fix it by clicking other servers and then click that one i wanted again and sometimes that helped. Other times refreshing the lobby helped. Other times just restarting the game helped. Today nothing helped i started the game four times, refreshed several times, i was unable to join the server i want to.

Thats a serious annoying bug.