Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sorry what is the advantage of the 64bit?. I have a 64bit, can I expect a big improvement?!:)

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Yeah, you can expect not crashing due to running out of memory and cars to be shipped with non super pixelated logos, as the game won't go cabonkers.

3. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Not much in FPS improvement. But more memory can be consumed by the executable process (bigger tracks, more cars). That said currently the Multiplayer 64bit build is not working. Which is why I said "possible"

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That's ok we'll test the offline 64 bit instead ;)

5. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Weee!!! I dont care if its not working, as long as it does exist. :p

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Could it be that 64 bit makes the game run more smooth?
    You say "not much in fps" but sometimes -even with high fps of over 100- it seems like it stutters when there's a lot of graphics to process. I mean; some corners at certain tracks (ISI too) and some settings (even low, when a lot needs to be "delivered" due to the high fps it's running).

Ehm, hope I make sense ;)

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Thanks Jeremy however I'm running rf2 with a triple screen and I have a very good fps(60-90fps) !

8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

+1 :)

9. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Dreaming of 80-car endurance racex at Le Mans in MP. Huge feature update going to 64-bit.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

"Thanks but no thanks, I'm fine"......I think it's not made for you personally and I don't see the point of your post other than bragging?

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

what ever helps in any way is good, what happens currently when there is a big track with lots and lots of cars?
    ( & it's beyond 32bit memory limits )

PC crash? or bad fps ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  12. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Crash.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

crash, ouch nasty, 64bit is quite important then !

14. Justy

Justy Registered

I'm no expert on this, but, rF2 will still crash if you try to race against a big field of cars, using high graphics settings and also using more recent content releases with a 32bit executable, regardless of how good your FPS is. As soon as you use up all the memory, you will encounter problems.

I find, if I come close to using up all the available memory that 32bit allows, my fps goes from being a steady 60+ fps, straight into the single figures. 64bit will allow you to run more cars on track and/or use higher detail settings than before, without rF2 throwing its toys out of the pram. There may be other benefits too, not necessarily performance or graphics related. Maybe it would allow for more stuff to go on "behind the scenes" in the future? Sorry I will stop speculating right there! :)

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I think that your post is useless!

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

The feeling is mutual.

17. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Sorry but I have to admit that Navigator is right on this. Not a fan of discussing others I would like to talk about certain topics with others rather than each other but sadly for you Wajdi, I agree with Navigator.

OT: Looking forward to unstable. Will definitely try the unstable when it comes out. Soon-ish I'm gonna upgrade my PC. Everything in it will be new. That will allow me to fully exploit changes that are about to come. 64 bits is a must if you want to race on tracks like Isle of Man TT, Nord and other huge tracks with lots of objects with high res textures running immense grids of cars.

Also I'm really excited to see what else comes with it. Like real road that was mentioned or matcher. Maybe other features or tweaks that will allow us to enjoy rF2 even more. Tuttle mentioned that they are still working on HRD, lighting etc which I believe is very important for someone who races in endurance races that are also held at night. Right now with glitches, bugs and others issues related to night driving makes it less enjoyable. Will get there one day. I have a lot of patience and faith in ISI dev team.

As Gaben says:

Take your time. I can wait. ;)

18. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Glad to see progress with 64-bit. This evening I had my first issue with the 32-bit limit when trying to load the new version of the Nords with 19 AI.....it didn't like it one bit!

19. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

RF3 Confirmed! :p

20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

(possibly) 64 bit and RealRoad update -> being able to simulate a 24h Nordschleife race is getting closer! Add proper weather simulation and we are there.