Released January RC Update #1

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 27, 2023.

1. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

ok noted, maybe in a future release, apprecaite the feedback.

2. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

About AI behavior in RC1/2
    Just did a multiclass Le Mans race "ELMS" with GTE, LMP3 ligier and LMP2.
    AI at 100% with aggression to 65%
    I did the GTE.
    Normally this works fine, but this time the AI made alot of mistakes, and hazard overtakes, especially when it was a faster class car overtaken a slower class car.
    Even some times they crash when trying.

Am I just running with too aggressive settings now or are the AI too risky in overtaking.

On the positive side, didnt see any cars stuck behind another car when heading for pits.

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I am about to start a topic in the technical feedback section as @Alex Sawczuk was asking for some replays of the current AI issues. I did some multiclass racing aswell the last couple of days and from my perspective, the agression slider has no impact at all on the behaviour of the AI. They will make insane divebombs even at 0% agression. Anyway, I will collect some ideas in that topic so that info doesn't get lost. ;)

mesfigas likes this.
  4. ThomasJohansen

Just did another 65 min multiclass race with aggression at 45%, went a lot better. I didnt experience any hazard AI overtakes.

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Interesting. Have you adjusted any other AI values in the player.json? And wich track and car combinations did you use? I run a fresh install and only play around with agression and difficulty currently to make tests with as least as possible variation of possible values. The issues that I observed seem to be global issues, especialy HDF cars rearending other cars in heavy braking zones and the agressive moves that they pull on any agression level. I tested Monza and Silverstone yesterday and had similar results, though once the field get's spread out a bit more the racing can be fantastic. I also had big pileups through Curva Grande, Parabolica and Stowe, when enough cars meet together. I know grids with 40 cars aren't necessarily easy to handle for AI, but I remember also having better races with smaller grids with the FR3.5. The Indycar grid isn't that big either.

The week before I tested Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Bahrain and Portland, all with similar problems when using the IR18 or the FR3.5. For some reason races with GTE cars work very well. So if you run at Long Beach with GTE and GT3 cars for example, it works pretty damn good. That brought me to the idea that HDF cars are more affected than LDF cars or tin tops and GTE and GT3 cars don't have huge differences in speeds. That said, I also raced with the Caterhams at Knockhill and it felt like a bullring, but that's propably down to the agression issue and the AIW files. But I don't expect anything else with British club racing :p

6. ThomasJohansen

@hitm4k3r ELMS multiclass GTE, Ligier lmp3 and Oreca lmp2.
    I havnet altered anything in player.json.

38 min into the video lmp2's starting to lap the GTE. It goes fairly smoothly.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023