It's official: rFactor 2 coming to Steam!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Dont worry. I just forget to put the 'lol' at the end of that sentence.
    Im also dont want to know who build stonehange. LOL
    :rolleyes:

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hope not. Hate is way too strong a word. I think a lot of people don't understand other things you've said (because they disagree with it), if they morph that into hatred it says more about them than it does you.

Thanks for posting. :)

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Tim, a few people in this thread have raised the question if we will *require* Steam, or if it's entirely optional. Did you miss those questions, or would you rather not answer?

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Will go through and answer everything at once at a future time. :)

5. rongarz

rongarz Registered

Congratulations, glad to hear the news! Really looking forward to stock cars too.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You keeping 7 days refund I hope Tim, they won't look back, 2 hours they may.

That video shows so clear what is so right about rF2 , warts and all. ;)

The slo-mo of the GTR , the attitude on the thing , heavens to betsy ... lol .......... where do you see this stuff in AC / pCars video , please show me. lol

I think some people will sit up and take notice with a new appreciation for it.

Great Promo, simple, no frills, tells it like it is.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Exactly what I like about the video, they do not need to embellish like others do.

I mean if any ISI detractor has never seen night and weather yet I got to ask ......where they been ?
    Walking a round with their heads stuck between their butt cheeks for 3 years ? ;)

8. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I said the same thing to myself DD......

I admit that I haven't touched Rf2 for months because of limited time and dirt rally taking any time I do have for sim racing...this news wets the appetite for closed circuit racing again! Bring on the winter :D

9. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Oh my crap, you need to warn us that an announcement like this is coming. I could have used a headsup to pack another pair of pants. You are responsible for another busted zipper and browned behind ISI. Y'all need to think about how your actions affect others.

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Other companies have Steam and stand alone editions, but I don't think same registration works for both. DCS, for example.

11. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Not sure if theres gonna be 'join game' or 'invite' function.

12. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Since stock cars are in the trailer hopefully they'll be released when the Steam release hits. I assume this means ISI now thinks the game is ready for official release status.

13. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Oh man, this is the best news I've heard in a long time. Been away from rF2 for about a year or more now, think it's finally time to hook the wheel back up and get racing some stock cars.

I highly, highly doubt that rF2 will ever *require* Steam for anything. There are plenty of games which use Steam as just a distribution service, you don't even need to have the software open to play those games (even if you bought it from Steam.) The only thing that I worry about, is that hundreds of players who decide to pick up rF2 (and actually like it) will be begging non-stop for Steam Workshop support for mods. Workshop mods are only accessible through Steam, and anyone who doesn't use the Steam version won't be able to use any mods from the service. I don't think it will be a problem for rF2, but some modders could decide to split the community and only post their mod to Workshop (assuming ISI even allows Workshop support to begin with.) As I said, I don't see it happening, but it could.

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Imho that is why we have the remote content tab in packages. Search for the track or car you want click on it and auto download and install......easypeasy ;)
    And i hear "you" say but remote content doesn't have all the 3rd party content available, and yes you are right but if you really want that content you will find the way because even a nimwit like myself has found his way around that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
  15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Get your open rooms ready, skins, setups, yadda, yadda

The less unofficial or unlisted 3rd party rooms the better, just for a few weeks use default content to cut down on their frustration.

Day of release try to spend some extra time online helping out for a few weeks, see how it goes.

Lets show them how we behave, be patient, don't yell at the wreckers, at least not the first few times hehehe

That is the best thing we could do, let Tim worry about the rest. ;)

BB and DD have got the F3 crew covered. :)

16. Rik

Rik Registered

Well done ISI. Happy for this news :)

17. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

I'd say you need to show them how you DON'T behave.
    :p

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Ask any rookie of 100's, nice as pie in room, courteous, go out of my way to be helpful.

What more you want.

p

19. bwana

bwana Registered

Good call DD . our league is preparing same. and please please server admins make 'Series' script self explanatory !!

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Mate this is our big chance we don't want to blow it.

Once we have them sucked and locked into contract then the leagues can draw blood.

hehehe

I have a good feeling about this.

For my part I be putting up F3 Eve and Bathurst, Belgium, Italy, Longford, MonteCarlo ...........just need a headset ( units) and then some laps with RMA wheel to get back in zone. :)

I also do a dusk/dawn Longford "Cops" room to show 'em we have fun too and what Woochoo does for freeroam.

PitBuLLS ............weeeeeeee p

Would really like those street car and cop skins about now guys. hehehe
    Midnight black GTR be some competition for DDs Highway Troll. p

I also get in Nascar Server, wherever can boost numbers etc.

P.S.
    Hey B ....lol

Make room name " pCars wreckers welcome ! "

hehehe

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015