"It's impossible to race in the rain in RF2..." - not really! :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WiZPER, May 3, 2015.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If you sit there looking directly at them sure.

To get a perfect water drop would not be easy, I can't recall seeing any better in games.

I don't see how that is any better either.........

2. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

But I do..I do!

They looked too angular on the side window. I kept thinking "what are those large diamonds doing stuck on the window?". At least the shapes on your vid are bit more naturally rounded.

Definitely impossible to race in the rain in pCars. ;)

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The water needs to be much more messy, and needs to look like lines and small dots rushing towards you and hitting you in the face, not like big circles (and big circles popping into existence) out of nowhere. Both PC and NKP look video gamey rather than raw and realistic.

Furthermore, the visibility, even when alone, is much worse in real life. They (PC and NKP) have both taken what seems to be a more forgiving (if those are the right words) video game approach to the whole look of it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I don't know this for sure but I'm pretty sure ISI is done with the graphical placeholders.

On another note, netkar had pretty good rain IMO.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Lets hope and pray.....

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I remember when the static droplets were brought up and comparisons to other games, especially DriveClub, to indicate how people would like. Apparently it was simple to resolve (as said by staff) but it would take focus away from someone doing something else, etc etc. Better to have something indicating rain than nothing at all though I did find it distracting back then.

I will just wait for the first post talking about canned effects and how everything needs to be done in realtime calculations, blablabla.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Haha it needs to be canned, of course, but both those (PC and NKP) just look fake and gamey/cartoony, rather than raw and realistic.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't think so much for pCars, when you are racing you are straining to see cars in front through the spray, you don't look directly at the windscreen so they appear blurred and look real enough. I agree weirdo if you stare. p

PCars weather has different levels of rain and audio to match, heavier the rain louder on roof and worse the spray is.

I assumed rFactor2 would have raindrops, or why go to the trouble of 2 speed wipers. ;) ( which pCars don't have)

9. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Would Silverstone happen to be one of them, that was the track I had issues on (and happens to be the only track I've tried rain on), from back when I owned the game (I had to get a refund because of a bit of a financial emergency, and haven't had enough spare money recently to pick it up, I will soon though).

10. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I can't say about Silverstone, but ISI Interlagos I'm pretty sure it's damaged, I can lap 15 seconds faster than AI (100%) in severe rain condition (Megane). On the contrary, in Sebring (3th Party track) the AI is unreachable.