It's due of people like this ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McNolo, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McNolo

McNolo Registered

It is due to people like @rf2wec that we stopped posting track conversions and it is because of him too that we are thinking of canceling the publication of Monza and Bahrain to DX11.

This person not only has dared to publish one of our private conversions in steam, he has also sent me a private message to threaten to denounce me to Codemasters, something that I do not care absolutelly, but when something like that happens, it makes me think.

As I've told him, making a non-profit and private conversion is not ilelgal, but posting it on steam, it is and this is what he did, not we.

Speaking of this, I'll explain why we do Codemasters conversions, but not from Assetto Corsa, Automobilista or Project Cars.

People who buy Codemaster F1 do it for the game, for everything in the game, not just for the tracks (obviouslly). No one will stop buying F1 2016 (for example) just because the tracks are converted to rFactor 2. The product that Codemasters sells is not directly competed by rFactor 2, so there is no economic damage for them, they will sell the same copies of the game if the tracks are converted to rFactor 2 or not, because they do not compete for the same audience, they are totally different products.

In contrast, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista or Project Cars are direct competitors of rFactor 2. Converting tracks of these games can influence the sales of both, because they are direct competitors and that is why we don't convert tracks of these Games, although some are much better.
    It would be perfect if we had all the original tracks for rFactor 2, but if we want to make an F1 championship, this is the only way for the moment. I just wanted to clarify this.

Returning to the topic of this thread. A person who is using our conversions to have fun, I suppose should be grateful, but when behaves in this way, like @rf2wec is doing...I don't understand it.

This makes us think that perhaps it is not worth sharing nothing, because honestly, we don't like this person and others like her to have access to our work, because they simply do not deserve it.

On the other hand, we know that there are many other people (many more) who are grateful and appreciate the effort we make ...so we need to meditate about this, because it is difficult to maintain the motivation and the desire to share when things like this happen.

Probably that is a useless thread, but I want to let the community know about the things that happens and I'd also like to know what do you think about this.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.