It's been a while...

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Michael Juliano, Dec 20, 2011.

1. shum94

shum94 Registered

What's missing ? I'm curious.

Tim said once he would ask about wipers animation when i showed this video.

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

The individual elements that make up the weather system all work and have been tested, in the past; they 'simply' :))) need to be put together and hooked up with each other. Once that's been done, it will most likely require another refinement pass.

3. shum94

shum94 Registered

Transitions dont work right now ?

Peut être qu'en français tu serais plus précis, c'est très vague ce que t'as dit ;)

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Utilisez le traducteur;)

5. Luc Van Camp

Sorry, I can't put it any better than what I previously stated. The weather system is not finished, but it is listed as a fairly high priority feature that needs to be worked on in the near future. So nothing is really 'missing'. The system just needs more work before we're happy with it.

And no, you wouldn't want me to answer in French. My French is way too rusty for that :) .

6. Sam Binfield

Sam Binfield Registered

Ha Ha

As an aspiring modder I would like to get a leg up on the competition in rFactor 2. Please could you PM me with the details on this new darkness. Is darkness measured in kg or lb? I would very much appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Citizen

7. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Let's just be honest here.

Will there be rain from the START of open beta?
    Will there be transition betweeen wet-dry/dry-wet (and so on) from the START of open beta?
    Will there be LiveTrack from the START of open beta?

8. Luc Van Camp

Yes, yes and yes :) .

To be totally honest, "Will the technology work perfectly?", "Will there be any visual and/or physical anomalies with the technology?" and "Is the technology representative of what we want to achieve?" would have been tougher questions :) . This is what I meant with more refinements and getting everything to work together perfectly.

9. Kimi450

Kimi450 Registered

I have been searching but i havent found a single video on the damage system, so can you tell something about that

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Thank Luc. As problably ThuGG, I have also found rumors on the internet saying, that there might not be rain, changing weather conditions, RealRoad and all that "dynamic weather" stuff in the first beta release, so it's nice to hear that those were just rumors :)

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

If RF2 can look like this, ill be happy :). This was one of the early screenshots that just blew me away.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what to expect from the rain itself though, must be a very difficult thing to get looking right.

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I remember THE first screenshots, One of them contain some part of track in a myst. Im realy curious what it was. If originated from current development line, or it was some renders etc. it was 3 years ago. Those pictures still look very realistic when next ones, called WIPs looked just like rfactor. I always wanted to asi for this.

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

Either of these? Top is Spa, bottom is Charlotte/Lowes Motor Speedway

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I ment second one indeed. Thanx

15. Luc Van Camp

Those screens were indeed taken early on, when we didn't have any HDR. They weren't edited so it should still be possible to get a similar look. When you tweak the lighting values in Dev Mode, it's quite easy to get WOW-shots. Making the lighting engine produce the same values through the code logic is always trickier, obviously, since we have to take into account that people want full dynamic lighting on various types of environments.

16. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

I am an original member of the TRS community, and the rain implementation in Railworks, (a derivitave of TRS code), is seen as "meh" by TRS worldwide fans. I forget the exact beef/s people have with it.
    I am kind of thinking ISI will be closer to the type of thing we are looking for.
    Also my lil mod company is ready to release its windscreen wiper add-on kits for all historic open wheelers :p Cheeep! lol -> joke.. 0.o

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Going back to the AI post, is this an area that will also be tweaked/improved upon during Beta and the future? or is it of less importance and therefore "once done its Good enough" kind of thing.

18. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

No, it will continue to be improved--not quite where we want it yet...

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

awesome thanks Scott, think I'll be disecting the AI quite a lot so looking forward to it!

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Are you sure about that?